ADVERTISEMENT

New Class of 2024 Commit -- Zack Ryder

So we have commitments from the #6 overall recruit in 2025 (Dalton Perry), #6 overall recruit in 2024 (Zach Ryder), and the #5 overall recruit in 2023 (Josh Barr). Who of the 3 do think can move up in the rankings? The top 5 in 2025 is absolutely insane. It is PJ Duke, Anthony Knox, Jude Correa, LaDarrion Lockett, and Marcus Blaze. Perry is very very good but that top 5 will be tough to break into. The 2024 top 5 is Joseph Sealey, Angelo Ferrari, Mason Gibson, Navarro Schunke, and Ben Davino. I can definitely see Ryder cracking the top 5 here. The top 2 will probably not drop but I can Ryder moving into 3rd, 4th, or 5th. The 2023 top 5 is Christian Carroll, Ben Kueter, Meyer Shapiro, Brayden Thompson, and Barr. Barr can move up as well. Not sure if he will see Thompson again this year but if he does I like his chances. I personally have Shapiro as the number 1 kid in the class. He is super impressive. I really hope that Carroll and Kueter get to wrestle each other this year. Would be one of the top matches of the year and supposedly they both want the match. Anyways, if I had to pick which one of our top recruits should move up I would pick Ryder and that’s just because the top 5 in 2025 is insanely good. I’m excited to watch these 3 young men just demolish the competition this year
What were Kasak and Braeden Davis ranked overall respectfully in their class? Thanks

So we have commitments from the #6 overall recruit in 2025 (Dalton Perry), #6 overall recruit in 2024 (Zach Ryder), and the #5 overall recruit in 2023 (Josh Barr). Who of the 3 do think can move up in the rankings? The top 5 in 2025 is absolutely insane. It is PJ Duke, Anthony Knox, Jude Correa, LaDarrion Lockett, and Marcus Blaze. Perry is very very good but that top 5 will be tough to break into. The 2024 top 5 is Joseph Sealey, Angelo Ferrari, Mason Gibson, Navarro Schunke, and Ben Davino. I can definitely see Ryder cracking the top 5 here. The top 2 will probably not drop but I can Ryder moving into 3rd, 4th, or 5th. The 2023 top 5 is Christian Carroll, Ben Kueter, Meyer Shapiro, Brayden Thompson, and Barr. Barr can move up as well. Not sure if he will see Thompson again this year but if he does I like his chances. I personally have Shapiro as the number 1 kid in the class. He is super impressive. I really hope that Carroll and Kueter get to wrestle each other this year. Would be one of the top matches of the year and supposedly they both want the match. Anyways, if I had to pick which one of our top recruits should move up I would pick Ryder and that’s just because the top 5 in 2025 is insanely good. I’m excited to watch these 3 young men just demolish the competition this year
I’ll hope they move up the rankings once they get to college 😎

Jesus Christ wrestle stat has Charles III ranked 4th best King.
Take a look at #3 PSU vs #2 Iowa dual. As always, even with ELO, some obvious head scratchers that defy several recent head to head results.

Dean losing to Warner, Kerk beating Cassi. The later I agree with but not sure how the math gives that result.

Reactions: horraybeer
He doesnt have the matches yet to build up his ranking. Give it a few years.
giphy.gif

Is there any talk about Connor Harer coming to PSU? Tough on top and would thrive in the NLWC.
Austin Johnson is anyone we might want to look at once Kerk leaves,,,, if we don’t get Mullins, Hopke or Carroll

Reactions: jschrantz
Is there any talk about Connor Harer coming to PSU? Tough on top and would thrive in the NLWC.
Austin Johnson is anyone we might want to look at once Kerk leaves,,,, if we don’t get Mullins, Hopke or Carroll
Great question, doesn’t Kerk have lots of eligibility left, when and where is he headed in a rush?

The issue Harer faces is a familiar one: he slots right into that Kasak-Haines-Facundo weight range. Perry might grow into that range. So could Duke.

Johnson is a good prospect but football may be a factor.

With Ryder in the mix, does that almost rule out any possibility of Sealy?

I don’t think that those two will be wrestling the same weight class in college.

Ryder is still Junior eligible for another year and wrestled at 6kg/13lb heavier than Sealy.

I don’t think that those two will be wrestling the same weight class in college.

Ryder is still Junior eligible for another year and wrestled at 6kg/13lb heavier than Sealy.
Yep but I do feel the combination of Kasak Haines and Facundo is making Sealy less of a priority than some here would like. Will admit though, Cael never seemed to worry about stacking them up in the past tho.

Yep but I do feel the combination of Kasak Haines and Facundo is making Sealy less of a priority than some here would like. Will admit though, Cael never seemed to worry about stacking them up in the past tho.
Boy. If Cael recruits a national champ over another national champ HR will sure be mad about that and say terrible things about Cael.

Boy. If Cael recruits a national champ over another national champ HR will sure be mad about that and say terrible things about Cael.
Apparently they won't get mad if it is a national champ from the transfer portal. I kid......they will ignore any obvious incongruity and be outraged :)

I agree Ryder doesn’t hinder the recruitment of Sealey but I have a hard time seeing Sealey come here. Hope I’m wrong but we are so young at his probable weights with top recruits. Unless PSU is just his dream school I think he ends up elsewhere

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I just watched Ryder’s interview after winning Junior trials. Apparently he’s 2lbs under 80kg walking around. So, giving up a lot of weight to a lot of guys.

Reactions: Ski
Willie reporting Ryder is out for an extended term with a broken arm he suffered in practice, but plans to make the cadet worlds team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT