ADVERTISEMENT

New Class of 2024 Commit -- Zack Ryder

CSauertiegPSU

Staff
Oct 9, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:
This is a huge get, big fan of Ryder here. Didn't know our chances with what we have coming in but these kids are competitors and who wouldn't want to be a part of our room at his weight? 2024 can be a huge class.

This is a huge get, big fan of Ryder here. Didn't know our chances with what we have coming in but these kids are competitors and who wouldn't want to be a part of our room at his weight? 2024 can be a huge class.
Curious to see if he gets to 97, or how that shakes out otherwise.

Such a huge get! Having him and Barr as a 1-2 punch will just continue the PSU upper weight dominance. Kid is really good and only getting better especially as he adjusts to the higher weight classes. I think he was around 150-160 lbs only a year ago. Will be interesting to see who goes 184 and who goes 197 with him and Barr. Overall I am thrilled with this commitment especially because I didn’t see it coming. For some reason I saw him going to Cornell but man I’m happy I was wrong. Just for peoples who don’t know, he just won bronze at U17 worlds and is the number 6 overall recruit in the class of 2024. Very big recruit

Such a huge get! Having him and Barr as a 1-2 punch will just continue the PSU upper weight dominance. Kid is really good and only getting better especially as he adjusts to the higher weight classes. I think he was around 150-160 lbs only a year ago. Will be interesting to see who goes 184 and who goes 197 with him and Barr. Overall I am thrilled with this commitment especially because I didn’t see it coming. For some reason I saw him going to Cornell but man I’m happy I was wrong. Just for peoples who don’t know, he just won bronze at U17 worlds and is the number 6 overall recruit in the class of 2024. Very big recruit
Cael is back in my good graces. I was beginning to worry about his recruiting

I’m not sure everyone realizes what a huge commitment this is. Kid is a total stud. His U17 bracket at 80kg was probably the deepest weight of the tournament. It had top Iowa recruit Gabe Arnold, Connor Mirasola, Jude Correa, Luke Vanadia, Aeoden Sinclair, Daschle Lamer, De’Alcapon Veazy, Lars Michaelson, Justin Rademacher and probably more I missed. That is an insane weight! He beat Arnold 3-2 in the quarterfinals, Sinclair 5-3 in the semis, and Mirasola in the finals. Sinclair ended up winning cadet nationals in Fargo and Mirasola won Juniors. Correa who is a beast as well lost at trials to Mirasola in the quarters and Sinclair for 3rd. Navigating that weight to make your first world team is super impressive. All I’m saying is we got another absolute stud! Now sign either Mullen or Hopke and we can have a backend of Barr, Ryder, and one of those heavyweights. Pretty incredible the teams that Cael and company continue to put out on the mat

I’m not sure everyone realizes what a huge commitment this is. Kid is a total stud. His U17 bracket at 80kg was probably the deepest weight of the tournament. It had top Iowa recruit Gabe Arnold, Connor Mirasola, Jude Correa, Luke Vanadia, Aeoden Sinclair, Daschle Lamer, De’Alcapon Veazy, Lars Michaelson, Justin Rademacher and probably more I missed. That is an insane weight! He beat Arnold 3-2 in the quarterfinals, Sinclair 5-3 in the semis, and Mirasola in the finals. Sinclair ended up winning cadet nationals in Fargo and Mirasola won Juniors. Correa who is a beast as well lost at trials to Mirasola in the quarters and Sinclair for 3rd. Navigating that weight to make your first world team is super impressive. All I’m saying is we got another absolute stud! Now sign either Mullen or Hopke and we can have a backend of Barr, Ryder, and one of those heavyweights. Pretty incredible the teams that Cael and company continue to put out on the mat
Maybe we realize it, but have just come to expect it, which is certainly a shame of its own.

I just think as a fanbase we are beaten down and depressed since Ben Askren believes Cael can’t recruit anymore. We’ve had so much false hope recently

He's not until 2025, but does Correa grow into HWT?

Not a lot of HS FR 182s ...

Reactions: jsk163
His dad is a monster (strong, imposing dude)
The Munsters Smoking GIF

So we have commitments from the #6 overall recruit in 2025 (Dalton Perry), #6 overall recruit in 2024 (Zach Ryder), and the #5 overall recruit in 2023 (Josh Barr). Who of the 3 do think can move up in the rankings? The top 5 in 2025 is absolutely insane. It is PJ Duke, Anthony Knox, Jude Correa, LaDarrion Lockett, and Marcus Blaze. Perry is very very good but that top 5 will be tough to break into. The 2024 top 5 is Joseph Sealey, Angelo Ferrari, Mason Gibson, Navarro Schunke, and Ben Davino. I can definitely see Ryder cracking the top 5 here. The top 2 will probably not drop but I can Ryder moving into 3rd, 4th, or 5th. The 2023 top 5 is Christian Carroll, Ben Kueter, Meyer Shapiro, Brayden Thompson, and Barr. Barr can move up as well. Not sure if he will see Thompson again this year but if he does I like his chances. I personally have Shapiro as the number 1 kid in the class. He is super impressive. I really hope that Carroll and Kueter get to wrestle each other this year. Would be one of the top matches of the year and supposedly they both want the match. Anyways, if I had to pick which one of our top recruits should move up I would pick Ryder and that’s just because the top 5 in 2025 is insanely good. I’m excited to watch these 3 young men just demolish the competition this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT