ADVERTISEMENT

New Board at ON3

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
For those that don't know, this Rivals BWI PSU site will be going off-line at 11:59 PM Sunday October 31st (tomorrow).
A new PSU site has been created on a service called "On3" (football lingo). You will need a new sign-on to access this new site.

To sign-up at the new site:

Click on: https://www.on3.com/teams/penn-state-nittany-lions/

If you would like a premium subscription click on the box that is offering 12 months for $1.

If you would like a free account, click on:

Login found on the upper right of your screen

Click the word "Register" found right under the "Welcome Back" banner.

Click the box the says "Sign up with Email"

Alias is your handle. Many existing handles have been taken by others so you may have to change handles.

EDIT: You'll need to logout after you sign-in the first time or all the messages will state "premium content". You'll be able to read them after you log back in to the system.

Good luck.

Last edited:
For those that don't know, this Rivals BWI PSU site will be going off-line at 11:59 PM Sunday October 31st (tomorrow).
A new PSU site has been created on a service called "On3" (football lingo). You will need a new sign-on to access this new site.

If you would like a premium subscription click on the box that is offering 12 months for $1.

Alias is your handle. Many existing handles have been taken by others so you may have to change handles.

Good luck.
not valid message

Good luck.

First time we've heard about this. . .

• Haha
Reactions: PABulldogs
either my identity or password were not valid? copied from this board
As I stated above, the Alias you want may not be available, meaning someone else already grabbed it before you got there. Pick a new name.

EDIT: Did you follow the instructions, exactly, from above?

fiddled a bit and seem to have my same alias, but had to use email and then just let computer assign a password.

You have to have premium to even read any of the threads? I signed up but when I click on a thread it says this is premium content. Any work arounds?

EDIT: You'll need to logout after you sign-in the first time or all the messages will state "premium content". You'll be able to read them after you log back in to the system.

Good luck.

I would hope that Rivals would automatically redirect anyone trying to hit this site after 10/31 to whatever board they will set up to replace it on Rivals. My first choice would be to keep this community intact, as is. What might be more important than where the site is located is who will moderate it. The moderator sets the tone for the board overall. Since it looks like the moderators here won't be moderating the ON3 site it will certainly be different and won't automatically pick up users from this site. It will have to prove itself the way this board has for a couple of decades.

I would hope that Rivals would automatically redirect anyone trying to hit this site after 10/31 to whatever board they will set up to replace it on Rivals. My first choice would be to keep this community intact, as is. What might be more important than where the site is located is who will moderate it. The moderator sets the tone for the board overall. Since it looks like the moderators here won't be moderating the ON3 site it will certainly be different and won't automatically pick up users from this site. It will have to prove itself the way this board has for a couple of decades.
Where did you see that the moderators won’t be involved there?

That’s how I took it. Don’t see why that can’t happen.
Agreed, but it sure appears that nothing is ready to go, so this new site looks like a reasonable choice. Not sure about Hotshoe and Tom, but most of the BWI staff is moving to On3 so I'd expect it be managed in a similar fashion to this board.

EDIT: Tom is coming to the new board. Don't know about Hotshoe yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ja1339
Not being smart but what did you mean by this post?

Nothing. Not that excited about the board any more, frustrated by the censorship, made the jump to the “other site” after 25 years of subscription to BWI. Doubt I will take the time (I assume about 10 seconds) to find the new home. No one in the BWI community or leadership will miss me. I doubt I will miss it.

Seems like a good time to say “goodbye and good luck”. Or “cheers”!

Reactions: Ski
Nothing. Not that excited about the board any more, frustrated by the censorship, made the jump to the “other site” after 25 years of subscription to BWI. Doubt I will take the time (I assume about 10 seconds) to find the new home. No one in the BWI community or leadership will miss me. I doubt I will miss it.

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious, thought you brought some good stuff to the boards. But yeah, if it’s no longer enjoyable then time to do other things I guess.

Reactions: aalion

Seems like the people was what made this board great, not the board itself. I hope you and everyone moves, and we have the same great forum over there. Hope to see you there aalion.

I signed up yesterday. Will I automatically be moved over tomorrow… if not, how do I log on?
Just go here:
Code:
https://www.on3.com/boards/forums/the-wrestling-room.50/

instead of here:
Code:
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/forums/the-wrestling-room.16/

It seems like the on3 platform is where @Tom McAndrew intends to move these beloved boards--it's a great replica of functionality, with the added bonus of direct photo posting. My only qualm is that I think the need to register to read topics will significantly hinder casual fans from finding and using the place. Hoping that changes though, maybe after tonight?

If it doesn't, I'd be in favor of staying at Rivals in a new board as @CSauertiegPSU has suggested. I don't really care if it's harder for Hawekeye Report posters to post on the new board or not, but I think this board plays a vital role in elevating casual fans into super fans, and "free to read" is in large part that special ingredient, IMO.

What I sincerely hope doesn't happen is a fracture of this community between the two. I tend to think whichever achieves critical mass first will be the victor though.

Last edited:

Good luck.
Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT