ADVERTISEMENT

Neil deGrasse Tyson is a natural to replace Alex Trebek.

He is the obvious choice.

Would be a good choice although he doesn't seem like the type to get locked in. Apprars he enjoys the travel circuit for the benefits.

I would put the percentage chance they replace Alex with a minority at about 99 percent.

That guy who speaks during the Microsoft commercial "Common" is extremely talented and has an excellent voice.

LdN

No disrespect to Alex Trebek but It would be a waste of NdT's talents to have him host Jeopardy. I'm sure there are plenty of personable, intelligent people they can pick from to host Jeopardy. NdT, OTOH, is a public educator of science and he does it well so we need him to continue doing that.

John Berman from CNN morning news would be someone i think could be good for it

You can check the odds on the next host here:

Ken Jennings is the favorite, followed by George Stephanopoulos and LeVar Burton.

LeVar... all the people watching would be the same that watched Reading Rainbow as kids.

I hope he's the choice.

LdN

OK - I've been joking and taking shots (I actually thought this was on the test board, so I apologize for politicizing it).....BUT

I have the definitive successor (if it isn't the Cash Cab guy):

iu

Is everybody overlooking Louis Freeh as an option? That guys knows everything, even he just makes it up.

I had heard at one time that Ben Mankiewicz (TCM host) was up for consideration. I would be very happy with that choice.

Yeah I'm sure he would do that. So consistent with other things he has done.
A little sarcasm I see. The guy would be great I believe but yes he might have other things more interesting to him that he would like to pursue.. Without the sarcasm don't you think the guy would be entertaining in the job ?

I agree. A physicist who stopped doing physics and turned his attention to cosmology.
What was Alex Trebek before Jeopardy? The guy is brilliant with a great voice. You have to have a personality in that spot. Who is your choice or don't you care?

Have you seen him on Rogan? Interrupts and never shuts up.

I dont like Ken Jennings either.

How about George Stepanopolous?
No have not seen him on Rogan. He is smart and he knows it. I have seen that side but I still think you needva voice and oersonality to boom out those answers to the contestants

I think it’s a done deal with Jennings. He’s already in the opening theme and usually hosts a category already.

He is the obvious choice.

Met him a couple times. Massive ego and loves attention. Thinks he's on the same intellectual runway as Hawking. Talks down to people. Came across as a pompous asshole to me.

Last edited:
Flipping channels last night and as a tribute to trebek MeTV showed the jeopardy episode of cheers. Fabulous...

Let John Katzenberger get some guest hosting in, whoever gets hired....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT