ADVERTISEMENT

Negron in portal

I think Tony can fill a lot of schools’ middle weight hole very nicely. He wrestles for 7 mins and is in every match. A lot of schools would be crazy to not contact him.

Dammit. Wish it worked out. Best of luck to Tony — I hope he finds sustained success and happiness on the mat.

My favorite memory was during what I believe was his 2nd match at Rec this season . . . when there was a stoppage and he went to the PSU side all smiles and energy, slapped Cael on the chest in some signal of “No prob, Coach, I got this,” and I was like — that’s Cael-freakin’ Sanderson he’s acting overly comfortable with in only his second match for the top program in the country . . . who is this friggin’ guy, and who does he think he is?! Answer to myself: I don’t know, but I like the vibe he’s bringing!

Good luck, Tony. You were a highlight of the 2022 championship season.

Yeah Tony is a fun watch.. Wish he was in the psu room his entire career...

So what does the depth look like now at 157? Does this mean Haines goes?
Barraclough. I think many of us suspect Haines will redshirt through a few opens while BearClaw starts and then a decision will be made in early January.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Is there really a decision? Haines is a monster and is more than ready to start as a true freshman! Get him enough matches for seeding!! don't wait too long to get him in the line up!!
If they send him to a few opens, one of them a Scuffle/Midlands level open, it’ll be all good.

Reactions: Thenightking
If they send him to a few opens, one of them a Scuffle/Midlands level open, it’ll be all good.
I probably missed it but has anything been reported on midlands 22 or willie 22 or hawkeye open 22?

Is there really a decision? Haines is a monster and is more than ready to start as a true freshman! Get him enough matches for seeding!! don't wait too long to get him in the line up!!
Last year Facundo had 4 more matches before the first B10 dual than RBY did.

Our first semester schedule is often pretty light. Haines likely can get more matches in Opens than in Fall duals. Especially if the team doesn't go to the Scuffle.

The excuse-seeking keyboard journalists on that other rivals site would just eat that right up!
giphy.gif

Did I miss this? Brandon Meredith is in the portal? According to the flo tracker

Did I miss this? Brandon Meredith is in the portal? According to the flo tracker
Not shocking. He probably was hoping to wrestle for the 133 spot next year but that's not an option anymore. Think he's too big for 125 at this point (and he wouldn't beat Robbie) Best of luck to him. He's probably graduating also and just wants to see if there is any interest from smaller schools.

Reactions: mcpat
Haines will be up next year. We are crazy to think he won't be. But, why tip your hand and rush it for duals that don't matter. You don't win championships in December. He came to SC early for a reason and he'll be in the lineup. Our lineup is absolutely sick next year and even then still relatively young.

Haines will be up next year. We are crazy to think he won't be. But, why tip your hand and rush it for duals that don't matter. You don't win championships in December. He came to SC early for a reason and he'll be in the lineup. Our lineup is absolutely sick next year and even then still relatively young.
Im on that train too,get him in at 57 before he sprouts.

Reactions: Ski
That's interesting as they have Gabe Tagg at 133, who is a solid recent transfer. Maybe he's going 141 and Clay Carlson is going up to 149.

Brandon Meredith to SDSU!
Nice. Following Berge out west. I would love to see SDSU keep getting better and better. Having Damion Hahn as a coach is a great place to start. They actually have a really good staff all the way around. Cam Simaz, Cody Caldwell, Like Zilverberg, and Berge as a volunteer assistant. SDSU was a really great D2 team before they transitioned to D1. The year I took 3rd in the country I lost to Paul Konechne who is a 3 time finalist, 2 time champ and SDSU’s all time win leader. They had some loaded teams back then. I love seeing them doing so well still at this much tougher level

Nice. Following Berge out west. I would love to see SDSU keep getting better and better. Having Damion Hahn as a coach is a great place to start. They actually have a really good staff all the way around. Cam Simaz, Cody Caldwell, Like Zilverberg, and Berge as a volunteer assistant. SDSU was a really great D2 team before they transitioned to D1. The year I took 3rd in the country I lost to Paul Konechne who is a 3 time finalist, 2 time champ and SDSU’s all time win leader. They had some loaded teams back then. I love seeing them doing so well still at this much tougher level
Honestly, Damion Hahn allowing Berge to wrestle for another school (losing a coach for the 2nd half of the year) spoke volumes to me. I had always heard how he was the salt of the Earth and a fantastic human so I have rooted for him but will even more so now.

Also, I believe it was mentioned but Brady wanted to wrestle for SDSU (probably because he made a commitment to Coach Hahn) but some NCAA rule blocked him from starting his season in January and doing it anywhere but PSU. Hahn encouraged him to pursue his dream and promised he'll hold his coaching spot for him.

Honestly, Damion Hahn allowing Berge to wrestle for another school (losing a coach for the 2nd half of the year) spoke volumes to me. I had always heard how he was the salt of the Earth and a fantastic human so I have rooted for him but will even more so now.

Also, I believe it was mentioned but Brady wanted to wrestle for SDSU (probably because he made a commitment to Coach Hahn) but some NCAA rule blocked him from starting his season in January and doing it anywhere but PSU. Hahn encouraged him to pursue his dream and promised he'll hold his coaching spot for him.
It is great to hear stories about coaches who do it for the right reasons.

Reactions: mcpat
Solid move. Lots of development in that place. May get to start.
IMO very likely he will start. Next best 165 on the roster is Norfleet's younger brother, who was 5-3 vs D1 opponents on the Opens circuit last year.

Good for him.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
ADVERTISEMENT