ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska wants to play football: "We certainly hope it's in the Big Ten. If it isn't..."

Don't talk about it Scott, be about it. Nebraska is dead weight in the B1G. Can they take Rutgers with them and give us someone else? I mean, he said Nebraska could be the 'next Wisconsin' - I'm sure that made Husker fans, who have multiple NC trophies to drool over, happy.

Will be interesting to see what they do. What's the penalty for leaving the B1G?

Well that could interesting. Curious how the Big Ten responds (if at all). I would assume this means Nebraska would be out of the conference and would forfeit current and future revenue. Maybe even have to pay an exit fee.

Who knew Nebraska would be a modern day pre civil war South Carolina?

I am sure BYU, New Mexico State, Army and a couple others would be willing to give them games.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
If a Power 5 player wants to play. His coach wants to play and his parents want him to play. What happens when his University President says no? He leaves. Why would a scholarship player with NFL aspirations stay where he is not supported?

Brilliant move on Frosts part. And if it is true Nebraska voted to play Coach Frost has lots of support.

Don't talk about it Scott, be about it. Nebraska is dead weight in the B1G. Can they take Rutgers with them and give us someone else? I mean, he said Nebraska could be the 'next Wisconsin' - I'm sure that made Husker fans, who have multiple NC trophies to drool over, happy.

Will be interesting to see what they do. What's the penalty for leaving the B1G?

Don't know about penalties, but Nebraska's tv football rights belong to the Big Ten for the next, oh, 15 years.

Well that could interesting. Curious how the Big Ten responds (if at all). I would assume this means Nebraska would be out of the conference and would forfeit current and future revenue. Maybe even have to pay an exit fee.

Who knew Nebraska would be a modern day pre civil war South Carolina?

I am sure BYU, New Mexico State, Army abd a couple others would be willing to give them games.
Is Army playing this year?

That's not the way it works, Scott. Break away, and it should be adios to Nebraska, which would be OK with me.
If the season is cancelled and Nebraska decides to go against the rules it should be a reason to kick them out of the B1G. What have they brought to the conference anyway. Next up.

If the season is cancelled and Nebraska decides to go against the rules it should be a reason to kick them out of the B1G. What have they brought to the conference anyway. Next up.

Like the way you think.

Depends what their contract says. If the B1G isn't going to give them the option to play football, which puts a huge financial hit on them, then why shouldn't they be allowed to play with some new, one-year arrangement?

Good luck with that. Minutes ago Ryan Day hinted at the same thing for Ohio State. You gonna kick them out of the conference too? Uh, no.

Here's a prediction: the B1G backs off cancelling the season and saves face by "delaying" it. Then we get another month of hemming, hawing, and handwringing. Wonderful.

I just can't see any way in hell that the B1G shitcans the season while the SEC plays. Which means the SEC is in the driver's seat right now.

Ryan Day hinted that he would be in favor of OSU doing the same thing not 5 minutes ago on ESPN

Alright then that carries a lot more weight with the B1G than Scott Frost at Nebraska. Hmmmm.
giphy.gif

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Good luck with that. Minutes ago Ryan Day hinted at the same thing for Ohio State. You gonna kick them out of the conference too? Uh, no.

Here's a prediction: the B1G backs off cancelling the season and saves face by "delaying" it. Then we get another month of hemming, hawing, and handwringing. Wonderful.

I just can't see any way in hell that the B1G shitcans the season while the SEC plays. Which means the SEC is in the driver's seat right now.

That would be interesting, if the previously reported voting results of the B1G President's are accurate. Who wins? OSU's President or the OSU Football Coach?

Lol - the Big10 presidents were all set to cancel the season and thought they had agreement with all conferences. They floated the leaks within the past 24 hours and didn't expect the kick-back from players, their families, and coaches. Then, they probably realized the Big12 and SEC weren't committed to throw in the towel yet.

Knowing they would look bad if the Big10 cancelled and the Big12/SEC continued with plans to play, they are now scrambling to save face with this "delay" alternative.

Wouldn't surprise me if they decide to cancel the first two games and say they intend to proceed with a 8 game schedule starting in late Sept.

The Big won’t do anything.

If a Power 5 player wants to play. His coach wants to play and his parents want him to play. What happens when his University President says no? He leaves. Why would a scholarship player with NFL aspirations stay where he is not supported?

Brilliant move on Frosts part. And if it is true Nebraska voted to play Coach Frost has lots of support.

Well actions taken by individual players are different action taken by an entire team. Far from a brilliant move by Frost. Seems to me like grandstanding of the first degree. I agree with psuro, if Frost is serious about this, the Big kicks them out of the conference, makes them forfeit all revenue and pay an exit fee.

Reactions: odshowtime
The Big won’t do anything.
Actually I think you got it backwards. Nebraska won’t support this lame-brain idea and if lightning strikes and the school does, the Big will tell them not to let the door you know whaton the way out, as well it should.

Well actions taken by individual players are different action taken by an entire team. Far from a brilliant move by Frost. Seems to me like grandstanding of the first degree. I agree with psuro, if Frost is serious about this, the Big kicks them out of the conference, makes them forfeit all revenue and pay an exit fee.

They may be in the B1G, but ultimately Nebraska is responsible for its own economic welfare. If the B1G does not give it a chance to play football this fall causing unnecessary damage to the Nebraska Athletic programs then why shouldn't they be allowed to pursue other options for one year? They aren't missing a B1G season that doesn't happen. Playing a season in the spring and fall of 2021 would pose more of a danger to the players than Covid would with a normal 2020 season.

Head Coaches issuing Executive Orders. Interesting approach.

If ever there is a time to think outside the proverbial box, it's this season.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
ADVERTISEMENT