ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska gets a new AD

Maybe but as a HC, Mike Leach has 120 wins vs 11 for Frost. NU would be rolling the dice on Frost.

Limited B1G record, but lately 1-2 against B1G at Wazzu (split w/ Rutgers and lost bowl game to Minnesota ... 0-2 on the West Coast).

For some reason Husker fans seem fixated on Frost. Leach would certainly bring some excitement to the western division. Right now it's pretty much Wisconsin's domain with little competition.

Either Leach or Frost would be a decent choice. Frost worked under Solich, Ron Prince, and Chip Kelly, and now has UCF at 5-0. Leach has a good record but just never seemed to take it to the next level at Texas Tech, and he's 35-35 so far at WSU. Granted, something of a rebuilding job, but still. Does make you wonder, though, if they hired this Moos guy to attract Leach.

For some reason Husker fans seem fixated on Frost. Leach would certainly bring some excitement to the western division. Right now it's pretty much Wisconsin's domain with little competition.

Frost brings the combination of being both a rising star in the coaching ranks and being a Husker hero from the glory days. From the perspective of many fans, he's a perfect fit.

You guys are missing the obvious choice... who is better to bring the black-shirts back to prominence than a defensive genius like Pat Narduzzi?

Interesting that many assume a coaching change will be made. I read an ESPN article last night on Nebraska and it appeared people were calling for continuity. Riley is well respected in the coaching profession and well respected in the community. Some fear that a coaching carousel will just put the program further behind. A problem is that the fanbase remains stuck in the glory years.

Interesting that many assume a coaching change will be made. I read an ESPN article last night on Nebraska and it appeared people were calling for continuity. Riley is well respected in the coaching profession and well respected in the community. Some fear that a coaching carousel will just put the program further behind. A problem is that the fanbase remains stuck in the glory years.

I don't see Riley sticking around if he continues to lose and get blown out. If Ohio State can blow out Nebraska, then so can Penn State. They are 3-4 right now, and could end up with two, maybe three more losses. That is not going to cut it in Lincoln.

Read a story that suggested Frost would be one of the most sought after coaches by the Power 5 schools.....also suggested that Frost would be offered the Nebraska job and that they were surmising that he might not be taking the job as it has become not a place where you can guarantee success.

Frost was offered many jobs before he took the Central Florida gig in a very talent rich area.......better gig might be Tennessee, T A&M ( I think that Sumlin stays...), or perhaps UCLA.

Frost could be the savior of the Nebraska Program.....become the Governor of Nebraska or perhaps a Senator.

High risk / High reward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT