ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA says Independent Accountability Resolution Process to handle LSU infractions case

sss

Jun 5, 2001
And I'm guessing again, nothing will happen. Everyone is familiar with the basketaball coach paying players and still being employed by the university that Emmert once presided over:

"NCAA enforcement staff indicated that it received information that basketball coach Will Wade "arranged for, offered and/or provided impermissible payments, including cash payments, to at least 11 men's basketball prospective student-athletes, their family members, individuals associated with the prospects and/or nonscholastic coaches in exchange for the prospects' enrollment at LSU."

I was unaware the football program had the same problem. These funds funneled to players and families were from a hospital non-profit. Nothing to see here. They won the MNC fair and square.

"The most serious allegation related to LSU's football program involves booster John Paul Funes, a former CEO of a hospital foundation whom the enforcement staff accused of "providing funds to the families of current and former student-athletes, arranging for members of the institution's football staff to use a private plane and offering internships to football student-athletes."

The enforcement staff confirmed that Funes "arranged employment beginning in 2012 for the parents of a then football student-athlete and paid the father $180,000 during 2012-17 for a no-show job."

quote-simply-put-success-in-lsu-football-is-essential-for-the-success-of-louisiana-state-university-mark-emmert-64-8-0810.jpg

What is this ‘independent accountability process’? What happened to the ncaa leveling sanctions like they used to?

What is this ‘independent accountability process’? What happened to the ncaa leveling sanctions like they used to?

I am sure Freeh is available to investigate if the price is right. However, you need to provide him with the conclusions of his "investigation" before he begins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT