ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA President - Mark Emmert steps down

9b9f1882b650ed95067c49dbcabe6434.gif

I sure hope he embarks on a well-publicized tour of all NCAA member schools to collect a showcase of fabulous farewell prizes. Because that would be really cool. Penn State should kick in a little something. After all, he straightened the place out.

Well whoever gets the job next won’t have to worry about being worse than their predecessor. It’s hard to be any worse than he was.
Ehhh truthfully it doesn't matter who has it next. They'll probably be horrible and they'll be blamed for destroying college football when the top teams break off. Emmert is getting out at the right time.

This guy is a completely useless, do nothing, paper pushing tool who managed to also be a monumental arrogant, hypocrite weasel. In short, a complete and utter loser.

Remember the scene in Christmas Vacation when Clark goes off on the dude who did not give out any Christmas bonuses? This is how I feel about this a## clown.

Reactions: bison13 and royboy
This guy is a completely useless, do nothing, paper pushing tool who managed to also be a monumental arrogant, hypocrite weasel. In short, a complete and utter loser.

Remember the scene in Christmas Vacation when Clark goes off on the dude who did not give out any Christmas bonuses? This is how I feel about this a## clown.
If he would have checked a few more boxes, he could have edged out Neeli!

At the right time? He ruined college sports! How can anyone after him do worse? College football is now the USFL
How did he ruin it? I don't think he could've stopped the transfer portal or NIL stuff. College football was well on its way to ruin without him.

He did basically everything wrong. Tried to bury Penn State (as I think a few of you may be aware), then gave a pass to UNC on their fake classes for athletes issue (something which actually was relevant to college sports), then utterly ignored sex abuse cases at OSU, Mich and MSU - situations where there were hundreds of actual, documented, CREDIBLE and SPECIFIC reports of abuse which were systematically ignored and suppressed.

Seemed to me that after the anti-PSU jihad blew up in his doughy, pale face, he spent the next few years hiding in his office and quietly collection $X million / year.

Incompetent would be the kindest term I can come up with for him. Malevolent POS is closer to the truth. Parasitic, self-promoting jackass also applies.

How did he ruin it? I don't think he could've stopped the transfer portal or NIL stuff. College football was well on its way to ruin without him.
How did he ruin it - doing nothing about the portal or NIL stuff until it was too late. He led the fight to cling to the amateurism model (non-compensation) of athletes that had existed for almost a century, and fought every attempt at making any changes. Had they instead brought the necessary stakeholders to the table, sat down, and figured out a compensation model (or models for different levels), made incremental changes along the way, and worked to modernize the organization it's possible that CFB might not be in this quagmire. Unfortunately his obstruction to these efforts went on so long that eventually between the court rulings and state governments getting involved they effectively lost all control of the situation.

How did he ruin it - doing nothing about the portal or NIL stuff until it was too late. He led the fight to cling to the amateurism model (non-compensation) of athletes that had existed for almost a century, and fought every attempt at making any changes. Had they instead brought the necessary stakeholders to the table, sat down, and figured out a compensation model (or models for different levels), made incremental changes along the way, and worked to modernize the organization it's possible that CFB might not be in this quagmire. Unfortunately his obstruction to these efforts went on so long that eventually between the court rulings and state governments getting involved they effectively lost all control of the situation.
He totally screwed up the Psu situation but I doubt he could've stopped this . The portal and NIL.
Unfortunately college sports as we experienced are over and they were probably done before we realized.
Looking back I saw the signs late 70s - early 80s. With increased TV money and allowing kids to leave early it was going to happen .
Imo it's over. And I don't think anyone could've stopped it.

I’m loving all the various columnists and newspapers trashing him as the worthless piece of shit that he is…..no disrespect intended to the other pieces of shit, he’s the diarrhea of shit.

Reactions: CentexLion
He did basically everything wrong. Tried to bury Penn State (as I think a few of you may be aware), then gave a pass to UNC on their fake classes for athletes issue (something which actually was relevant to college sports), then utterly ignored sex abuse cases at OSU, Mich and MSU - situations where there were hundreds of actual, documented, CREDIBLE and SPECIFIC reports of abuse which were systematically ignored and suppressed.

Seemed to me that after the anti-PSU jihad blew up in his doughy, pale face, he spent the next few years hiding in his office and quietly collection $X million / year.

Incompetent would be the kindest term I can come up with for him. Malevolent POS is closer to the truth. Parasitic, self-promoting jackass also applies.
Don't forget how this total jackoff claims PSU is corrupt in their football program and while he was the president of LSU they were the worst and still one of the worst non academic criminal programs.
You know all this crap with sexual misconduct with athletes, coaches, etc was going on under his watch at LSU. This guy is a total horse's a**.

I’m loving all the various columnists and newspapers trashing him as the worthless piece of shit that he is…..no disrespect intended to the other pieces of shit, he’s the diarrhea of shit.
You are being too kind. Take the lowest of lowlifes then go a 100 billion times worse and then a 100 trillion times worse and possibly you are remotely in this creep's vicinity.

He totally screwed up the Psu situation but I doubt he could've stopped this . The portal and NIL.
Unfortunately college sports as we experienced are over and they were probably done before we realized.
Looking back I saw the signs late 70s - early 80s. With increased TV money and allowing kids to leave early it was going to happen .
Imo it's over. And I don't think anyone could've stopped it.
He is useless. He has no vision and no leadership ability. The NCAA is a total sham mainly because of him. He could have done things to usher in NIL and been at the forefont of the transfer portal but it all just happened around him while he collected his big effin paycheck picking his butt.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
He is useless. He has no vision and no leadership ability. The NCAA is a total sham mainly because of him. He could have done things to usher in NIL and been at the forefont of the transfer portal but it all just happened around him while he collected his big effin paycheck picking his butt.
Maybe? Maybe not? However I think he is useless either way.

Gave you a "like" on the post, but enjoyed it enough to read it again. Nice blast, right to the point.

You explained why nothing happened after Penn State. You're understandably mad about what happened to Penn State but because it blew up is why nothing happened with any other situation you mentioned. It's simple.

You explained why nothing happened after Penn State. You're understandably mad about what happened to Penn State but because it blew up is why nothing happened with any other situation you mentioned. It's simple.
Exactly. They tried to flex on penn state because no one likes child abuse. I'm a harsh critic about how Psu handled the situation with Sandusky up to saying ( and knowing ) they covered it up.
But it was no their jurisdiction. So they picked on Psu and said screw them this is easy . Ignoring actual serious violations . It was a calculated bs tough guy move that neutered the agency when they got their ass handed to them.

Reactions: LandoComando
Exactly. They tried to flex on penn state because no one likes child abuse. I'm a harsh critic about how Psu handled the situation with Sandusky up to saying ( and knowing ) they covered it up.
But it was no their jurisdiction. So they picked on Psu and said screw them this is easy . Ignoring actual serious violations . It was a calculated bs tough guy move that neutered the agency when they got their ass handed to them.
Right there is the key--there wasn't jurisdiction for them to do what they did. Penn State's "powers that be" wanted to make a statement so they foolishly agreed.

Right there is the key--there wasn't jurisdiction for them to do what they did. Penn State's "powers that be" wanted to make a statement so they foolishly agreed.
At that time in the moment they couldn't do anything else . Because unfortunately they did it.

Ehhh truthfully it doesn't matter who has it next. They'll probably be horrible and they'll be blamed for destroying college football when the top teams break off. Emmert is getting out at the right time.
Wasn’t Emmert hoping that Congress- not the NCAA- would step in and legislate the NIL stuff, among other things? When he said it was mutual, that made me think it wasn’t his call. Perhaps the people behind the curtain in Indy want to be more hands-on with the pressuring issues of collegiate athletics?

Regardless, I think it’s too late. The genie is already out of the bottle…

I sure hope he embarks on a well-publicized tour of all NCAA member schools to collect a showcase of fabulous farewell prizes. Because that would be really cool. Penn State should kick in a little something. After all, he straightened the place out.
A larger than life statue made of pig shit would be appropriate. But at the same time it would be a waste of a good and useful resource for a person who is useless.

Reactions: bison13
"not their jurisdiction" - spot on. Everyone should be skeptical of posters who claim to have "inside" info ... but I know from a very credible source that the initial reaction from NCAA's infractions staff was the same. Then Emmert decided they did have jurisdiction and then the reign of terror started.

"not their jurisdiction" - spot on. Everyone should be skeptical of posters who claim to have "inside" info ... but I know from a very credible source that the initial reaction from NCAA's infractions staff was the same. Then Emmert decided they did have jurisdiction and then the reign of terror started.
With apologies to Tom Rush and “No Regrets”:
You know his leaving’s too long overdue,
For far too long he’s had nothing new to show to you!
Bye Marky snarky!

My friend I mention? He saw nothing as far as he would know that was an NCAA violation. The pile on from the NCAA was heinous, and I will say the same about the media. Both should have handled it much differently. Show respect towards the victims, mention how the investigation must go forward, and justice will be served. Say if you're the NCAA how if there appears to be any rules broken they reserve the right to look into it, instead of trying to what seems to be virtue signal/ ambulance chase.
You see it's possible to say they did it, the NCAA had no business in a criminal case like this since it wasn't an active coach breaking NCAA rules, but a retired coach breaking state laws.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT