ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA interactive brackets spreadsheet

tikk10

Nov 6, 2015
I modified a spreadsheet that was made in 2018 I think by someone on HR, and you can ACCESS IT HERE as a Google Sheets doc. The 2018 version of this spreadsheet accounted for team scores, mine does not. Feel free to modify if you've got the time, those calculations are more complicated and time-consuming than what I did.

The interactive part of the spreadsheet won't work unless you either create a copy in Google Sheets for yourself, or download and open in Excel.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The 2018 version is here, and it contains code that would be useful if you wanted to modify to include team (and individual) scoring.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

EDIT to say that you should consider downloading LutherAce's spreadsheet instead since his accounts for team scores. There's a different system for scoring individual matches, you enter D, M, T, or F in the yellow boxes.

Last edited:
If you've downloaded mine already, download it again because I caught a tiny error that is now fixed.

What was it? I did already, but only use the championship part.
Cell D70 (in consi section) of each weight should have the following code inserted:
=IF(E3=E5," ",(IF(E3>E5,D5,D3)))

In 2018 the pigtails were handled differently on both top and bottom, I adjusted accordingly but missed that cell.

dumb q perhaps - we have to manually put in the 2022 wrestlers? (I'm not afraid to ask :) )
See the post above that one. I only included that link in case anyone wanted the raw code to modify mine.

You can use mine that I've done since 2016...

Oh nice, perfect.

Use this guy's everyone, he includes team scoring and a whole lot more.

Thanks. I've definitely used yours before, I recognize the color coding on the team pages, but couldn't find it when I went looking earlier. I think the 2018 version I modeled mine after was probably modeled on yours because there are some similarities.

You must download the bracket before playing with it.

Just enter the match result in the yellow squares to advance the wrestler (D,M,T,F)

Have fun and let me know of any major mistakes/issues.

Reactions: dsites52 and tikk10
I modified a spreadsheet that was made in 2018 I think by someone on HR, and you can ACCESS IT HERE as a Google Sheets doc. The 2018 version of this spreadsheet accounted for team scores, mine does not. Feel free to modify if you've got the time, those calculations are more complicated and time-consuming than what I did.

The interactive part of the spreadsheet won't work unless you either create a copy in Google Sheets for yourself, or download and open in Excel.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The 2018 version is here, and it contains code that would be useful if you wanted to modify to include team (and individual) scoring.
DONT YOU DARE RENDER ANY CREDIT TO THOSE HR HEATHENS! The original up here is by a lovely fellow over at the guillotine. JAW2517.

Here’s the 2022 link, if you prefer being able to input the actual score. Falls are 30-0 and remember to save a copy.

Last edited:
You must download the bracket before playing with it.

Just enter the match result in the yellow squares to advance the wrestler (D,M,T,F)

Have fun and let me know of any major mistakes/issues.
@LutherAce

I found a mistake that repeats in each weight class sheet. It's cell AD20, which will result in an error if the 19th seed advances with a Dec. in the L3 consi round.

Code that's there:
=IF(I89=U20,IF(H90="D",0.5,IF(H90="M",1.5,IF(H90="T",2,IF(H90="F",2.5)))),IF(I85=U20,IF(H86,0.5,IF(H86="M",1.5,IF(H86="T",2,IF(H86="F",2.5)))),""))

Correction:
=IF(I89=U20, IF(H88="D",0.5, IF(H88="M",1.5, IF(H88="T",2, IF(H88="F",2.5)))),IF(I85=U20, IF(H86="D",0.5, IF(H86="M",1.5, IF(H86="T",2, IF(H86="F",2.5)))),""))

Last edited:
@LutherAce

I found a mistake that repeats in each weight class sheet. It's cell AD20, which will result in an error if the 19th seed advances with a Dec. in the L3 consi round.

Code that's there:
=IF(I89=U20,IF(H90="D",0.5,IF(H90="M",1.5,IF(H90="T",2,IF(H90="F",2.5)))),IF(I85=U20,IF(H86,0.5,IF(H86="M",1.5,IF(H86="T",2,IF(H86="F",2.5)))),""))

Correction:
=IF(I89=U20, IF(H88="D",0.5, IF(H88="M",1.5, IF(H88="T",2, IF(H88="F",2.5)))),IF(I85=U20, IF(H86="D",0.5, IF(H86="M",1.5, IF(H86="T",2, IF(H86="F",2.5)))),""))
I was just about to type the same thing, but tikk beat me to it. 😉

Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT