ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Finals

Raw Daddy

Nov 16, 2014
Would anyone have historic NCAA videos available? I'm looking for the videos from the Ocho.

Last years are available on my youtube channel. While you're there, feel free to peruse a selection of highlight videos of Penn State wrestlers as well as the majority of the team's duals.

As far as historic ones go, you're pretty much out of luck. Beyond 2 years ago the recording was sporadic at best. Look up a guy named Gabriel Betencourt (sp?) he has a bunch from 2 years ago. Like I said, besides that it's tough.

That really was a great match. In the moment I was so emotional for Nico, that is easy to overlook what a neat match that was to watch. Gilman was oh so close and will be fun to watch this year.

That really was a great match. In the moment I was so emotional for Nico, that is easy to overlook what a neat match that was to watch. Gilman was oh so close and will be fun to watch this year.
Thomas Gilman is my early pick as National Champ at 125. He's a Senior, and the storyline is not unlike Nico's in March...it's his last chance for a title. Tomasello is tough, but not sure of his weight pull, sure looks draining, but I really don't know. Then there's Dance, and a couple others, including Suriano's progress.

Last years are available on my youtube channel. While you're there, feel free to peruse a selection of highlight videos of Penn State wrestlers as well as the majority of the team's duals.

As far as historic ones go, you're pretty much out of luck. Beyond 2 years ago the recording was sporadic at best. Look up a guy named Gabriel Betencourt (sp?) he has a bunch from 2 years ago. Like I said, besides that it's tough.

I have a DVD video of a famous NCAA finals match that was 45 years ago - Darrell Keller vs Larry Owings. I would like to upload it but I'm not sure about the process.

Does anyone have either of Andy Matter's finals on video? I've looked high and low and cannot find a thing.

Also, looking for Gable's first two title wins...ridiculously hard to find.

Gable's first title was in 1968 at Rec Hall! Saw it live too. He beat the defending national champion in the finals something like 8-2.

Gable's first title was in 1968 at Rec Hall! Saw it live too. He beat the defending national champion in the finals something like 8-2.

I was there too, in 7th grade and only my 2nd year going to wrestling duals, but I don't really remember much about it and I didn't even know who Gable was until 4 years later when he won Olympic gold.

Dan takes the Russian!

Saw that one live too! In fact, my friend and I actually talked to Gable about 45 minutes before the match, and we had a chance to congratulate him afterwards. I'll post the whole story sometime. It was definitely a night I'll never forget.

Love your channel! I'm a subscriber. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Annieat285
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT