ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA denies ND football appeal - forced to vacate 21 wins

I’m O.K. with the ncaa’s decision here. Actually, I’m elated. After what happened to Penn State, f*ck everybody. Penn State’s wins were correctly restored, which otherwise is never done by the ncaa (and says a lot about the ncaa’s missteps and overreach in that case). To have notre dame’s vacated wins upheld is satisfying. And if the ncaa is heavily critIcized in the media for it, all the better. F*ck everybody.

409. F*ck everybody.

I loathe ND as much as the next guy, but they have a major gripe here after seeing UNC get off with less than a wrist slap, and this seems to be far less of an issue than what UNC had going. Very concerning regarding the total inconsistency of the decision making and the NCAA seemingly being scared to make a major decision post-Sandusky.

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
I loathe ND as much as the next guy, but they have a major gripe here after seeing UNC get off with less than a wrist slap, and this seems to be far less of an issue than what UNC had going. Very concerning regarding the total inconsistency of the decision making and the NCAA seemingly being scared to make a major decision post-Sandusky.

unc should have gotten the hammer. However, BASKETBALL. :eek: .

I’m O.K. with the ncaa’s decision here. Actually, I’m elated. After what happened to Penn State, f*ck everybody. Penn State’s wins were correctly restored, which otherwise is never done by the ncaa (and says a lot about the ncaa’s missteps and overreach in that case). To have notre dame’s vacated wins upheld is satisfying. And if the ncaa is heavily critIcized in the media for it, all the better. F*ck everybody.

409. F*ck everybody.
zpWoU.gif

Reactions: TheGLOV

I have mentioned this before, but as a UNC alum, I agree that they should have vacated victories in cases athletes competed who would have otherwise been ineligible were it not for the classes in AMFAM.

Vacating victories, however, is pretty pointless. The only reason I would say it matters is if there was a national championship involved or a long time record is affected (e.g. 409, or in ND's case the most wins all time).

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT