ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA’s

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Regular season is over for all intents and purposes. What does PSU have going into tournament time?

They have 5 studs who are all capable of reaching the finals and winning. RBY, NLee, Joseph, Hall, and Brooks. Can they each get 20-25 pts? Looks that way!

Unfortunately, I don’t see much coming from the other 5 weights. NQ is definitely happening for 125 and possibly 157 unless Berge improves conditioning. Great to see him out there last night but time is running out. I don’t expect much.

The other three weights will not score more than 10 pts at Nationals if they even get that. All three guys have no offense and seem to tire as their matches wear on.

In total, I expect PSU to score between 100-110 pts at Nationals and they will need a complete collapse by Iowa to reach the top step. Iowa will have just too many wrestlers in the tournament not to expect them to out pace that point total by PSU.

Losing Teske, Berge, Conel, and Cassar definitely cost major points, at least 30 pts, but that’s wrestling.

Should be a fun championship season.

Regular season is over for all intents and purposes. What does PSU have going into tournament time?

They have 5 studs who are all capable of reaching the finals and winning. RBY, NLee, Joseph, Hall, and Brooks. Can they each get 20-25 pts? Looks that way!

Unfortunately, I don’t see much coming from the other 5 weights. NQ is definitely happening for 125 and possibly 157 unless Berge improves conditioning. Great to see him out there last night but time is running out. I don’t expect much.

The other three weights will not score more than 10 pts at Nationals if they even get that. All three guys have no offense and seem to tire as their matches wear on.

In total, I expect PSU to score between 100-110 pts at Nationals and they will need a complete collapse by Iowa to reach the top step. Iowa will have just too many wrestlers in the tournament not to expect them to out pace that point total by PSU.

Losing Teske, Berge, Conel, and Cassar definitely cost major points, at least 30 pts, but that’s wrestling.

Don’t necessarily agree with you.
Teske truly didn’t show much when he did wrestle that he would even qualify himself for nationals.
Majority of lost points were from Cassar who would have been without doubt in the finals. Conel being injured only opened the door for brooks to enter the lineup and like Teske he wasn’t showing much that he looked like he would qualify let someone make something happen once he did qualify.
At the end of the day it comes down to staying healthy and wrestling to the potential of these wrestlers. Verk has stuck with Lee and Sasso in his last two matches losing in SV both matches. He’s knocking on the door just need him to knock that ****ing bust thru that wall like the kool aid man.

Reactions: Dogwelder
A line-up of Teske, RBY, Lee, Verk/Gardner, Berge, Joseph, Hall, Rasheed, Conel and Cassar was talented enough to strongly compete for another national championship this year. When you lose Conel and Cassar to injuries and Berge and Rasheed are recovering from significant injuries, it's amazing that this team is still strongly positioned to finish second. Iowa is positioned to win this year and some feel Iowa is even more strongly positioned to win in 2021. However, if PSU fields a 2020/2021 lineup of Howard, RBY, N. Lee, Bartlett/Busiello, Berge, J. Lee/Manville, Starocci, Brooks, Beard, Nevills/Kerkvliet, I like our chances. We took a big injury hit this year, but all in all this team is in great shape.

Losing Teske likely cost us points at Nationals??? Don't think so, Teske lost to everyone on the mat...no way he was even going to make it to Nationals. Meredith has a better shot at making it to NCAAs via B1G Tournament than Teske did... much better shot, he's wrestled some like qualifiers very well - yesterday being a good example.

... He’s knocking on the door just need him to knock that ****ing bust thru that wall like the kool aid man.
Hey, VerKool-Aid!

maRYCd0g.png

It's most definitely going to be a tough road to a Championship but keep the faith! Stranger things have happened. Agree that if Cassar was wrestling we'd be right there with a great shot at the title. Now, it's gonna take a lot more things falling our way for it to happen. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what the boys can do under the bright lights.

Reactions: diggerpup
Cali, my wife works for a Dr. that routinely prescribes such medicine. I'll call her at work on occasion and ask her to bring home some free samples. She always comes home with a bag of Skittles. The joke is on her, at my age it's the Skittles I want. :(:rolleyes:

Now if Scarlett Johansson were to .....

I like to talk sh#$ with LemonPie. With Cassar getting injured, he's been very reclusive. I've tried to bring him back to the light side but he's being very obstinate. Maybe your wife needs to send him some samples.

Edit: as you can see funk caught me...

Last edited:
Article in today’s Minneapolis paper about the NCAA’s coming to town. They say Mark Hall is ranked #1. Guess that means he wins the B1GS. Also, 10,000 Iowans expected. Don’t believe any will be crashing at my house.

http://strib.mn/32kbqVd

Cleveland had 10,000 tOSU fans ready to celebrate and we (BO) crashed that party.

ADVERTISEMENT