ADVERTISEMENT

NC State

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017
Looking around at the other teams rosters and the upcoming recruiting classes I think that NC State is best positioned to challenge PSU in the next 5 years. They have a lot of really good young kids on the roster and the kids they are bringing in are exceptional. On the roster already they have Derek Fields (Fr), Ryan Jack (Fr), AJ Kovacs (Fr), Kai Orine (Rfr), Ed Scott (Fr), Issac Trumble (Fr), and Jakob Camacho and Trent Hidlay are both (RSo). I’m sure I’m missing some other good depth guys but that is a great base already on the roster. Recruiting wise they have #1 Matt Singleton, #1 Dylan Fishback, #3 Chase Horne, #3 Jackson Arrington, #13 Finn Solomon, #8 Koy Buesgens, and #5 Vincent Robinson all coming in during the next 2 years. Looks like they need a few more lightweights but otherwise they are stacked with young top of the line talent and they also have one of the best coaches in the game with Pat Popolizio and associate head coach Adam Hall. I still have PSU ahead by quite a bit but I think NC State should be bringing home some trophies in the next 5 years. You guys agree with my breakdown? Who else besides Iowa and tOSU?

Reactions: PSUer1989 and Doak
Looking around at the other teams rosters and the upcoming recruiting classes I think that NC State is best positioned to challenge PSU in the next 5 years. They have a lot of really good young kids on the roster and the kids they are bringing in are exceptional. On the roster already they have Derek Fields (Fr), Ryan Jack (Fr), AJ Kovacs (Fr), Kai Orine (Rfr), Ed Scott (Fr), Issac Trumble (Fr), and Jakob Camacho and Trent Hidlay are both (RSo). I’m sure I’m missing some other good depth guys but that is a great base already on the roster. Recruiting wise they have #1 Matt Singleton, #1 Dylan Fishback, #3 Chase Horne, #3 Jackson Arrington, #13 Finn Solomon, #8 Koy Buesgens, and #5 Vincent Robinson all coming in during the next 2 years. Looks like they need a few more lightweights but otherwise they are stacked with young top of the line talent and they also have one of the best coaches in the game with Pat Popolizio and associate head coach Adam Hall. I still have PSU ahead by quite a bit but I think NC State should be bringing home some trophies in the next 5 years. You guys agree with my breakdown? Who else besides Iowa and tOSU?
NCST has been improving since Pop got there. I wish we could do a home and away deal with the Wolfpack just because I think the wrestling would be fun.

I would love for an ACC team to place 2nd. Unfortunately, I don’t see it happening until a NC St or VaTech can be a major player not only in recruiting, but also the transfer portal and NIL. I think those two teams are positioned much the same as they were 5-7 years ago. The trajectory was looking nice back then but has since stalled/plateaued (IMO). And in the meantime, the B1G seems to have become even more dominant.

Let’s see what the next 5 years bring.

Reactions: rcy4499 and zzs006
I keep looking at NCST and thinking they'll do better at NCAAs than they end up doing. Hopefully they get to number 2 a time or two soon.

They always have guys you might not want to draw, for sure. Look at how tough they fought Iowa this year. Every kid wrestles hard. I don’t see them winning multiple weight classes any time soon though.

They always have guys you might not want to draw, for sure. Look at how tough they fought Iowa this year. Every kid wrestles hard. I don’t see them winning multiple weight classes any time soon though.
I can see Singleton and Fishback in the finals. Probably Scott too after the freshman season he just had. Arrington kind of reminds me of O’Toole and I could see him jumping levels and making the finals at some point. Things would have to go really great for all of them to reach those levels but I think it’s possible.

Completely off topic but I just watched the O’Toole vs Jojo Aragona WNO match. I completely forgot how good Aragona looked. He really controlled the match and was never in any danger. I knew Keegan was going to be great but I was very very wrong on Aragona. I thought he was going to be a star. I really hope that his new home allows him to reach that level.

They don't need to win multiple weights to finish second. Michigan did it with 2 finalists and 1 champ.
Iowa even lucked into last year's team championship with 1 champ.

Reactions: nerfstate
They don't need to win multiple weights to finish second. Michigan did it with 2 finalists and 1 champ.
Iowa even lucked into last year's team championship with 1 champ.
Of course it’s possible, but mighty tough to get a lineup like Iowa had last year on recruiting alone. I was more looking at a hypothetical top of the podium scenario. Would love for them to finish 2nd, but I just don’t see them beating out the bigger name programs in the next few years.

Reactions: Split shot
NCST has been improving since Pop got there. I wish we could do a home and away deal with the Wolfpack just because I think the wrestling would be fun.
If the Brands bros hang it up soon, Pop would be my pick as the next coach. Hugely underrated. Does an outstanding job.

Reactions: nitlion6
If the Brands bros hang it up soon, Pop would be my pick as the next coach. Hugely underrated. Does an outstanding job.
Pop would be amazing at Iowa, however Iowa is going to hire either a Hawk or maybe try to recapture magic and hire another Cyclone.

Is that way of thinking due to who he surrounds himself with?

I think that the vast majority of people will help someone, giving no thought to the future, particularly living with an expectation that a favor will be returned. They may hope that, given similar circumstances, they would receive commensurate help, but certainly not have that expectation.

Or, is my way of thinking just old-fashioned?

Reactions: dunkej01 and mcpat
Is that way of thinking due to who he surrounds himself with?

I think that the vast majority of people will help someone, giving no thought to the future, particularly living with an expectation that a favor will be returned. They may hope that, given similar circumstances, they would receive commensurate help, but certainly not have that expectation.

Or, is my way of thinking just old-fashioned?
Based on the last line, I took Fellers' tweet as a shot at the NCAA (not his own belief). I think the take is somewhat cynical. Maybe the whole NIL environment is on his mind.

I believe he is implyng the NCAA and their Member Universities might willing to entertain the proposal against RTCs, because it doesn't benefit their bottom line or increase their organanization's power.

I don't think you're thinking old fashioned, but maybe I'm too old and of similar fashion. I believe your are thinking spiritually. Spirituality never gets old.

Just as a teacher can be no better than a student, because without their relationship each ceases to exist, so a giver of good deeds can be no better than a receiver of same.

Coincidentally, my middle name is Francis. I think the saint I was named for was talking bout receiving something that benefits one's spiritual well-being.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
ADVERTISEMENT