ADVERTISEMENT

NBC New York Mentions the Release of the Documents

Ladies and gentlemen, say good bye to the shreds that were left of good ol' PSU as you thought you knew it.

I know, I know, I thought I would never say this, but I am moving on. I know Joe did nothing wrong, but I also accept that it is what it is. He is going to be tarnished forever. The university isn't going to honor him, and they are going to distance themselves more after this. But what bugs me is the fact that a part of me keeps thinking to myself what if this is true. I think a part of me died today :(

Reactions: fairgambit
Well so far on the philadelphia newspapers I have seen have something posted... Yahoo has nothing and sports radio has said nothing and from what I have heard from people in that industry unless some sort of smoking gun or breaking new information is confirmed they won't even mention it. Nothing in surrounding philly newspapers either. Sounds like Ira is spoon feeding his contacts at the philly newspapers as usual. Also with all the information released in those documents will take people a bit to read through it and pick out the splash headlines to float out there as click bait....

Well so far on the philadelphia newspapers I have seen have something posted... Yahoo has nothing and sports radio has said nothing and from what I have heard from people in that industry unless some sort of smoking gun or breaking new information is confirmed they won't even mention it. Nothing in surrounding philly newspapers either. Sounds like Ira is spoon feeding his contacts at the philly newspapers as usual. Also with all the information released in those documents will take people a bit to read through it and pick out the splash headlines to float out there as click bait....
#pennstate and #paterno will be trending on twitter by noon.

Reactions: bwifan
I know, I know, I thought I would never say this, but I am moving on. I know Joe did nothing wrong, but I also accept that it is what it is. He is going to be tarnished forever. The university isn't going to honor him, and they are going to distance themselves more after this. But what bugs me is the fact that a part of me keeps thinking to myself what if this is true. I think a part of me died today :(

These are depos. They are meaningless.

Can't be proven true. Can't be proven false.

You are either with us or you are against us.

Entirely your choice.

Was taking a quick look at one of the documents. PMA is completely accepting the Freeh report and accepting what Freeh said that PSU concealed Jerry's activities in 1998. When is anybody going to stand up and say that the police, DA, CC CPS, and DPW were all involved in 1998 and had little to do with PSU? :mad:

the schiano and Bradley stuff is the most disturbing to me...I know it is just Mike's depo but still....heres to hoping this doesn't gain much traction

These are depos. They are meaningless.

Can't be proven true. Can't be proven false.

You are either with us or you are against us.

Entirely your choice.

We can be with you but also have no expectation that it will do much good in the long run. That's about where I am. Because these items are not meaningless in terms of public opinion. And absent a really smoking gun, that isn't likely to change. The University had a chance in 2011 and again with the Freeh report to ameliorate the situation. They failed. And they may well have still failed even if they had handled it in the best possible way.

Reactions: jerseylion109
We can be with you but also have no expectation that it will do much good in the long run. That's about where I am. Because these items are not meaningless in terms of public opinion. And absent a really smoking gun, that isn't likely to change. The University had a chance in 2011 and again with the Freeh report to ameliorate the situation. They failed. And they may well have still failed even if they had handled it in the best possible way.

This is the way I feel too, this in the public's eye will do more damage and the University will do what they can to appease them. This administration are wimps and won't stand up for Joe.

So far, additional coaches implicated are Sarra, O'Dea, Schiano, Bradley, and Ganter plus an unnamed coach from the early 80s (but Bradley would apparently know who he was).

the schiano and Bradley stuff is the most disturbing to me...I know it is just Mike's depo but still....heres to hoping this doesn't gain much traction

Yep.

The individual claims --- I honestly don't care. There is likely a varying degree of truth to them. We know how these things go when $$$ is available. When Prince died a few months ago, there were about ~100 of his "heirs" that popped up out of the weeds. Some were likely legit, but some undoubtedly were not.

But Schiano & Bradley. They're still alive, and of sound mind and body. Whether they like it or not, the questions are coming, and they can't run.

Yep.

The individual claims --- I honestly don't care. There is likely a varying degree of truth to them. We know how these things go when $$$ is available. When Prince died a few months ago, there were about ~100 of his "heirs" that popped up out of the weeds. Some were likely legit, but some undoubtedly were not.

But Schiano & Bradley. They're still alive, and of sound mind and body. Whether they like it or not, the questions are coming, and they can't run.

And they shouldn't be able to run and hide. I want answers, and we haven't heard from anybody on this, as the trials are dragging out. If people at PSU were involved in protecting a pedo, then they need to answer for that. If they saw or knew nothing, then that needs to be published and the people making the false claims punished (as well as the people giving out winning lotto tickets).

I just want the truth of what happened and the proper people dealt with. There is no protecting anyone when it comes to this. What's so hard for this to understand.

People who are fearing headlines and info being published, in my opinion, are no better than anyone else trying to sweep this under the rug.

As of today, nothing seems fixed or better if you are a child under PA government rules.

^^^^ THIS!!! There is NO way reporters could have waded through and read all those documents pulled out key points and written a story and had an editor review it and have it released in this short amount of time. Obviously this info has been spoon fed to them well before these documents were released and have the story written and ready to be released.... Hello Ira Lubert.... The game plan being the lazy media says oh look philly newspapers have released a story and they are close to PSU so it must be true let's pick it up and run with it. So local philly reporter gets the story picked up nationally gets credit and OGBOT continues to try and control the narrative....

Reactions: mickey_PSU
The final document places Greg Schiano clearly in the microscope. Ohio State will need to address this, as well as Schiano.

Not good for Schiano. At all. Not good for Urban either.

The final document places Greg Schiano clearly in the microscope. Ohio State will need to address this, as well as Schiano.

I don't see how this is anything huge as regards Urban. Yes, he may have to, in a worst-case scenario, fire Schiano. So what? Urban's a good coach himself, so he'll be able to find another good assistant.

It IS a problem for Schiano, no doubt.

Let OSU have a taste of the fun we've had to deal with the past 5 years.

Ohio State won't have to deal with anything, all they will do is fire Schiano and its done for them. None of this happened at Ohio State, these are new allegations, happened after they hired him.

I expect Schiano and Bradley to be unemployed soon tho.

I don't see how this is anything huge as regards Urban. Yes, he may have to, in a worst-case scenario, fire Schiano. So what? Urban's a good coach himself, so he'll be able to find another good assistant.

It IS a problem for Schiano, no doubt.
Maybe SCum can hire him as a sleepover advisor...

Unfortunately, it isn't just Greg Schiano who is going down. Tom Bradley is going down also.

This is the end of their coaching careers.

Deadspin has jumped on board......and we wonder why we lose on recruits, this stuff trickles out nationally every 3 months now.

They aren't going to take any heat. If anything Urbs fires him and moves on. The school could not have handled this whole thing any worse from top to bottom and side to side. It's the gift that keeps on giving. SMH

ADVERTISEMENT