ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoff Thread

KD with an airball on a 3, and Bucks up by 2 with 0.3 sec left. Bucks getting bailed out on a terrible offensive sequence on the previous play, when they were up 2.

And the Bucks win, 113-111, in OT. They advance to the Eastern Conference Final, which I believe will start on Wednesday, against either the Sixers or the Hawks. Correction. a foul was called on the inbounds play, so Lopez will shoot free throws. Bucks will win; final score to be determined.

Lopez makes 2, so it's a 115-111, Bucks victory, in OT.

Durant’s big feet caused that loss.

giphy.gif

Well I'm sure that they feel that if they were healthy they would have won the series so probably no roster adjustments
Yes but can they afford to pay them? I think that they might wind up far over the luxury tax limit if they attempt to retain all 3 of them.

Reactions: bison13
Yes but can they afford to pay them? I think that they might wind up far over the luxury tax limit if they attempt to retain all 3 of them.
All 3 are good for next year I would assume, but would wager that at least one is gone after 2022 since they all have team options for that year. My guess is kyrie is a knick or laker in 2023.

All 3 are good for next year I would assume, but would wager that at least one is gone after 2022 since they all have team options for that year. My guess is kyrie is a knick or laker in 2023.
The Nets' excessive spending throughout the season does not go unpunished. The team will be forced to pay millions of dollars a year as long as they want to maintain their 'super team' status. But considering that, there is nothing in the Collective Bargaining Agreement stopping Brooklyn, or any team for that matter, from signing a roster full of superstars if they have the money to back it up. There is a common belief for many NBA fans that the Salary Cap or the Luxury Tax is a sharp cutoff that NBA teams cannot exceed. This is the case in some other professional sports leagues, like the NFL, but not the NBA. This assumption leads people to question how teams like the 2020-21 Brooklyn Nets can sign so many superstars. In reality, teams have been exceeding these thresholds for years with regularity. For instance, the 2016 Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors, who would meet in the NBA Finals 4 years in a row, both had total guaranteed salaries well over the thresholds. So as long as ownership's pockets are deep enough and they are willing to shell out for the luxury tax, there is nothing stopping teams like Brooklyn from continuing to sign stars.

Booker continuing his excellent run. Would like to see CP3 and Leonard back in this series.

Imho they are all just different sports requiring different skill sets. But you rarely see a hockey player sit out a game because he has a migraine, was depressed or didn’t take a shift because he didn’t like a coach’s call.

ADVERTISEMENT