ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoff Thread

Was the Giannis play on Kyrie a dirty play? That wasn't my initial thought when I watched it live yesterday but that's what some are now saying on WFAN, Twitter and some other places.

Not even close to being a dirty play. Only thing I would say about the play was that was a weak attempt of a blockout by Giannis to get a potential rebound, but absolutely not a dirty play.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
This comment did not age well. Since this post, the big frauds have won 6 straight by an average margin of victory of 17.3 points. Do not quit your day job.
You're right. It didn't. It looked like the Suns were ready to do an el foldo against the Lakers, but then Anthony Davis got hurt, and the Lakers are a shell of themselves without him. Also, Chris Paul started playing some serious ball right about them after his shoulder problems appeared to ease. Paul has been playing out of his gourd lately. Truly impressive.

Lastly, the Suns met a Denver team playing without Jamal Murray after his knee injury. So some good fortune (in terms of injuries to key opposing players) has accompanied the Suns' good play. It also didn't hurt that Jokic got assessed a Flagrant 2 and ejected in yesterday's Game 4. Should have been a Flagrant 1, IMHO.

BTW, it looks like the same good fortune may be befalling the Milwaukee Bucks. Harden has been out recently with a hamstring injury, and Kyrie Irving went down yesterday with an ankle sprain. The Bucks will likely be favored the rest of the series. The Nets would win handily if they were at full strength (look how they destroyed the Bucks in Game 2), but it's hard to lose two of your big three players. The Warriors experienced that two years ago against Toronto in the Finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
You're right. It didn't. It looked like the Suns were ready to do an el foldo against the Lakers, but then Anthony Davis got hurt, and the Lakers are a shell of themselves without him. Also, Chris Paul started playing some serious ball right about them after his shoulder problems appeared to ease. Paul has been playing out of his gourd lately. Truly impressive.

Lastly, the Suns met a Denver team playing without Jamal Murray after his knee injury. So some good fortune (in terms of injuries to keep opposing players) has accompanied the Suns' good play. It also didn't hurt that Jokic got assessed a Flagrant 2 and ejected in yesterday's Game 4. Should have been a Flagrant 1, IMHO.

BTW, it looks like the same good fortune may be befalling the Milwaukee Bucks. Harden has been out recently with a hamstring injury, and Kyrie Irving went down yesterday with an ankle sprain. The Bucks will likely be favored the rest of the series. The Nets would win handily if they were at full strength (look how they destroyed the Bucks in Game 2), but it's hard to lose two of your big three players. The Warriors experienced that two years ago against Toronto in the Finals.
Injuries certainly play a large part in the postseason, no one can dispute that.
With that being said, when you opined that the Suns had no chance of getting to the Western Conference Finals, Murray had long been injured and on the shelf for many weeks prior, so I'm not sure how this revisionist clarification affects your original frauds comment. If Murray had gotten hurt after your comment, that'd be a totally different story.
Denver, with or without Jokic, was not going to be the first team in 143 series to recover from a 3-0 deficit. Jokic lost his cool, got frustrated, and left his fate in the hands of NBA officials. I was also surprised an MVP got ejected. We can all agree, however, that LBJ, in a similar situation, would never have gotten tossed.

Jokic lost his cool, got frustrated, and left his fate in the hands of NBA officials. I was also surprised an MVP got ejected. We can all agree, however, that LBJ, in a similar situation, would never have gotten tossed.

Only justification I can see is the size difference. He hit that ball with authority!

Nuggets did well enough to get it to within 5, but CP3 was great down the stretch.

Lemme guess. You're a Suns homer. :p
62349692.jpg

KD taking the team on his back. Impressive performance. Triple double. Played every minute thus far.

Some crazy numbers for the Nets in Game 5:
  • On the good side, Durant with 49 points, 17 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks in 48 minutes
  • Jeff Green with 27 points featuring 7-8 from 3-pt
  • Bad -- 3 starters -- Joe Harris, Bruce Brown, and James Harden combined for 12 points on 4-26 shooting

• On the good side, Durant with 49 points, 17 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks in 48 minutes
  • Bad -- 3 starters -- Joe Harris, Bruce Brown, and James Harden combined for 12 points on 4-26 shooting
Plus Giannis ate Griffin alive and so Green had to guard Giannis. Green did a decent job. (I’m a Georgetown fan and so wanted to give Green as much love as possible.)

Reactions: klive
Plus Giannis ate Griffin alive and so Green had to guard Giannis. Green did a decent job. (I’m a Georgetown fan and so wanted to give Green as much love as possible.)
Why not put Giannis (1st team NBA All-Defensive) on Durant, at least for stretches?

Afraid that Giannis will foul out?

Why not put Giannis (1st team NBA All-Defensive) on Durant, at least for stretches?

Afraid that Giannis will foul out?
Afraid that covering Durant isn't worth the hit to the rest of his game. Plus no one guy currently in uniform can cover Durant. You just throw multiple guys at him, try to deny him the ball, and hope he misses a few with hands in his face. Last night the calls were a lot tighter than prior games.

Just a fantastic performance and reminiscent of Magic playing center for the lakers when kareem got hurt. (42 points 15 rebounds and 7 assists against the 76ers). But playing 48 minutes will take a toll. They play again tomorrow night and KD is 32 years old. Will be interesting to see.

Reactions: LionJim
Also…Khawi now out with a knee injury. Not sure he’s gonna be back for the rest of the series.

Massive brain fart from Brook Lopez…not sure what he was thinking on that inbounds play

Massive brain fart from Brook Lopez…not sure what he was thinking on that inbounds play

Off a time-out, and you throw it in the corner with KD as the defender, and 2.1 sec left. Plenty of blame to pass out on that sequence.

Lopez with a block on a KD semi-layup. Unbelievable. Bucks up 2, 113-111, with 40.1 sec left in OT

KD has played every second of this game and I don’t even think he’s sweating.

ADVERTISEMENT