ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoff Thread

Porter was an absolute steal in that 2018 draft. He was the #2 or #3 prospect in his high school class and a top 3 draft talent that fell to 14 because of injury concerns. Your typical high risk high reward pick and the Nuggets nailed it. I bet the Knicks, for example, wish they could have a do over having taken Kevin Knox at 9.

Reactions: PSURAHJ
I have no idea how much of a liability the Nets’ defense will prove to be, but when they have Joe Harris as a fourth option they are freaking hard to outscore. Harris’ ability to put the ball on the floor is very underrated. You have to play him close on the perimeter because he’s basically Kyle Korver out there, and it seems that every time he gets inside he finds Griffin for an easy two.

Last edited:
Porter was an absolute steal in that 2018 draft. He was the #2 or #3 prospect in his high school class and a top 3 draft talent that fell to 14 because of injury concerns. Your typical high risk high reward pick and the Nuggets nailed it. I bet the Knicks, for example, wish they could have a do over having taken Kevin Knox at 9.
As a Knicks fan, that is a painful memory

Reactions: PSURAHJ
Doncic is ridiculous.. wish his teammates helped him more so we could watch him again.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Good 1st quarter Sun Nuggets. Nuggets would be up big but their secondary guys missed a lot of open shots (still over 50% for the quarter).

Booker relatively cold too.

Bucks were awful. Had almost forgotten how good Kevin Durant is. Maybe the Nets can keep winning without Harden for this series.

• Turner Sports said Monday that the first round of this year’s NBA playoffs have been the most-watched since 2018. Ratings are up 49% over last year’s bubble playoffs and up 5% compared to 2019, the network said, averaging 2.9 million viewers over all 23 games. But with the Knicks, Celtics, and LeBron James and the Lakers out of the playoffs, we’ll see where the ratings for round two end up.

Reactions: TheGLOV
  • Turner Sports said Monday that the first round of this year’s NBA playoffs have been the most-watched since 2018. Ratings are up 49% over last year’s bubble playoffs and up 5% compared to 2019, the network said, averaging 2.9 million viewers over all 23 games. But with the Knicks, Celtics, and LeBron James and the Lakers out of the playoffs, we’ll see where the ratings for round two end up.

I believe the ratings will maintain. The level of talent we’re seeing is extraordinary. There are a lot of really really really good players out there. I very much enjoy the show.

I believe the ratings will maintain. The level of talent we’re seeing is extraordinary. There are a lot of really really really good players out there. I very much enjoy the show.

Other than Brooklyn, the other teams are the next generation of talent. I've not watched much since the Spurs dynasty came to an end. Fun games.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
The Blazers HAVE to keep Dame. There is an amazing depth of talent at the guard position in the NBA right now: Steph Curry, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Ja Morant, Kyrie Irving, McCollum, Bradley Beal, Ben Simmons, Trae Young, De'Aaron Fox, just to name a few. And Dame is probably better than ALL of them.

Other than Brooklyn, the other teams are the next generation of talent. I've not watched much since the Spurs dynasty came to an end. Fun games.

The Spurs never did have a dynasty sir. IMO.

You are the first that I have heard ever say this.

Watched a ESPN show a long way back where panelists also felt same about the Spurs lacking the dynasty title.

But, to your credit, perhaps you are correct.

Reactions: lazydave841

Watched a ESPN show a long way back where panelists also felt same about the Spurs lacking the dynasty title.

4 championships in 8 years…I’d say that’s a dynasty in my opinion but I know that feeling is not shared by everyone.

4 championships in 8 years…I’d say that’s a dynasty in my opinion but I know that feeling is not shared by everyone.

I agree. I think they look for consequtive years as champions but, Mr. Popvitch and his players certainly proved themselves over a long period of time.

The Spur are one of my 4, yes 4 favorite teams.

The other three are:

1. Boston Celtics
2. Chicago Bulls (even before the MICHAEL years)
3. Portland TrailBlazers

I grew up a Spurs fan primarily bc I share a namesake with The Admiral.

My dynasty comment mostly refers to the Duncan era; perhaps a better term than dynasty. Whether it was the Robinson/Elliot version or the Parker/Ginobli/Bowen version, they were always a fun team to watch. Defensive based squads that could post you up, drive to the basket, or pitch outside for the 3. They always had one sharpshooter type (Big Shot Bob Horry, Steve Kerr, etc).

Framed around it all was Timmy D. Enjoyed them.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
I grew up a Spurs fan primarily bc I share a namesake with The Admiral.

My dynasty comment mostly refers to the Duncan era; perhaps a better term than dynasty. Whether it was the Robinson/Elliot version or the Parker/Ginobli/Bowen version, they were always a fun team to watch. Defensive based squads that could post you up, drive to the basket, or pitch outside for the 3. They always had one sharpshooter type (Big Shot Bob Horry, Steve Kerr, etc).

Framed around it all was Timmy D. Enjoyed them.

They had my admiration for may years dave.

See my above posts regarding my 4 favorite teams sir.

In case you think Milwaukee might have a chance to beat the Nets, you should lose this thought PDQ. Believe me, Brooklyn will advance. The Nets’ shots were just not dropping last night. If I were Nash I would hold Harden out for one more game.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that the Suns may be one big fraud. I hope not, but it would not shock me to see the Lakers close it out in six games, tops.
This comment did not age well. Since this post, the big frauds have won 6 straight by an average margin of victory of 17.3 points. Do not quit your day job.

The injury to Anthony Davis really turned this series on its head. It looked like the Suns were going to fold, but with Davis going down, it all changed. The Lakers just cannot compete without him, Lebron notwithstanding. I don't see the Suns getting to the Conference Finals, much less the Finals, but I'm glad to see them take out the Lakers.
The big folding frauds are 1 win from the Western Conference Finals, having won 6 straight. You may not have noticed, but Denver plays limited defense at best.

A Gordon shot one of the fugliest 3 point attempts early in that game before i turned it off. It's not the same team without Murray.

Reactions: bison13
Your right. In fairness Denver has ZERO guards. In a guard driven league that’s a death sentence.
Think of Phoenix with their two great guards who don’t turn the ball over.

If Simmons maintains his level of play the Sixers will be a very difficult out. As for the Sixers bench, I am now thinking that their bad play in Game 1 was a fluke. They were very good yesterday.

Reactions: klive
Now this Brooklyn - Milwaukee series looks interesting. Depending on the severity of the ankle sprain for Kyrie, this series could be flipped in the favor of the Bucks. If it’s one of the high ankles like Lebron had it could sideline him for a couple weeks.

Side note…can we get this referee crew to call the rest of the playoffs?!?!? Letting these guys play and not going for all the flops and flailing. Great game to watch.

Reactions: bison13 and LionJim
Now this Brooklyn - Milwaukee series looks interesting. Depending on the severity of the ankle sprain for Kyrie, this series could be flipped in the favor of the Bucks. If it’s one of the high ankles like Lebron had it could sideline him for a couple weeks.

Side note…can we get this referee crew to call the rest of the playoffs?!?!? Letting these guys play and not going for all the flops and flailing. Great game to watch.

is interesting how the momentum has shifted. and as you indicated, this is a really good game to watch.

In case you think Milwaukee might have a chance to beat the Nets, you should lose this thought PDQ. Believe me, Brooklyn will advance. The Nets’ shots were just not dropping last night. If I were Nash I would hold Harden out for one more game.
Another good candidate for the “Didn’t Age Well” post of the year.

When Paul Pierce tweeted this after both game 1 wins by ATL and Brooklyn I should have run to my nearest bookie and bet my house! Between him and Kendrick Perkins they are easily the worst analysts to walk the face of the earth. I’m still stunned he didn’t pick the Celtics to make the eastern conference finals despite them losing

When Paul Pierce tweeted this after both game 1 wins by ATL and Brooklyn I should have run to my nearest bookie and bet my house! Between him and Kendrick Perkins they are easily the worst analysts to walk the face of the earth. I’m still stunned he didn’t pick the Celtics to make the eastern conference finals despite them losing

Agree 100%. Perkins is awful

Was the Giannis play on Kyrie a dirty play? That wasn't my initial thought when I watched it live yesterday but that's what some are now saying on WFAN, Twitter and some other places.

Was the Giannis play on Kyrie a dirty play? That wasn't my initial thought when I watched it live yesterday but that's what some are now saying on WFAN, Twitter and some other places.

Not a chance that was dirty. Anyone who has played more than 5 minutes of basketball understands that if you jump in the lane with a crowd of people to take a shot, get a rebound, or block a shot there’s a chance you can land on another players foot. Just insane that national media people are trying to make a story out of this. A basketball player took a shot in the lane and came down on another players foot who was positioning for a rebound. End of story.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT