ADVERTISEMENT

NaTo out until January

Keep in mind that if he doesn't wrestle until Jan, he doesn't have any official weigh ins until then. So it might be a good reason to have an "injury". I wouldn't call it gaming the system, it actually seems pretty fair to me.

It would not be my choice of strategy at all. I preferred my wrestlers managing their weight from the beginning so their body's had adjusted and were completely ready.

So while it may not be my style, I don't see much wrong with it.

Reactions: hlstone
Keep in mind that if he doesn't wrestle until Jan, he doesn't have any official weigh ins until then. So it might be a good reason to have an "injury". I wouldn't call it gaming the system, it actually seems pretty fair to me.

It would not be my choice of strategy at all. I preferred my wrestlers managing their weight from the beginning so their body's had adjusted and were completely ready.

So while it may not be my style, I don't see much wrong with it.

You put the word "injury" in quotations, however in the very next sentence you state that you wouldn't call it gaming the system.
That's quite a contradiction.

From what I remember of my younger days, chemically inducing dreams does not allow typing at the same time-but maybe he is doing it at work, and his secretary is used to translating incoherent mumbling?:rolleyes:
His phone's voice to text capability must be special forces grade.

Reactions: diggerpup
The leg injury is now said to be his ACL and happened sometime during his match with Fix. Will not undergo surgery. Rest intensive rehab until Jan.

The leg injury is now said to be his ACL and happened sometime during his match with Fix. Will not undergo surgery. Rest intensive rehab until Jan.
Well he certainly has the quad strength to take pressure off the ACL. Still, that’s a tough one. Even so, no need to even go in Jan if he’s still having issues

Wouldn't that be an interesting NCAA final between Nato and Lee? Trick knee indeed...

I wonder if Nato should get surgery but can't because that would wipe out his entire season? He's as tuff as they come however its going to be very difficult for him to make a large weight cut with a bad ACL, not to mention wrestle for a national championship.

Last edited:
Got a bad feeling about this. Seen too many major joint injuries where the official timeline is this far out, that it slides further and/or the guy clearly isn't right when he returns. Altons, Hunter Stieber, Delgado for starters.

Hope that's not the case here, and on the surface "rest until January" isn't very different from "wrestle selectively until January to minimize weigh-ins" ... just won't be surprised if it's worse than advertised.

Got a bad feeling about this. Seen too many major joint injuries where the official timeline is this far out, that it slides further and/or the guy clearly isn't right when he returns. Altons, Hunter Stieber, Delgado for starters.

Hope that's not the case here, and on the surface "rest until January" isn't very different from "wrestle selectively until January to minimize weigh-ins" ... just won't be surprised if it's worse than advertised.

I had the same gut reaction on the original announcement. Revising guidance downward early in the quarter tells you another revision will be coming before its over. Hope our guts are wrong . . . NaTo is a class act and deserves a heathy senior year in an attempt to finish on top. But maybe he ends up being 2018's Cory Clark.

With both you and slushie, E-J...if true.

Quick question for Bfosr..."now said to be"? Where is it said to be? Ryan wouldn't say it, the medical staff wouldn't say it, and it's not showing up on the forum with many tOSU "insiders".

With both you and slushie, E-J...if true.

Quick question for Bfosr..."now said to be"? Where is it said to be? Ryan wouldn't say it, the medical staff wouldn't say it, and it's not showing up on the forum with many tOSU "insiders".
Aviator on TheMat mentioned it. Think he posts under real name on ohiowrestling, but can’t remember which regular he is.

Never heard of someone successfully compete with a torn ACL (did Spencer make the PA finals with a torn ACL last year?) very tough for the team if this is the case

Never heard of someone successfully compete with a torn ACL (did Spencer make the PA finals with a torn ACL last year?) very tough for the team if this is the case
Lee did make PA state finals with an injured ACL, I believe he subsequently had surgery on his injured knee. Reality is that some ACL injuries are more severe than others with varying treatment options.

Thanks all, for the info. Regardless of the degree of injury, at the college level, it's significant. Time will tell.

That sucks. If PSU is to win NCAAs I'd prefer it was due to their own success rather than someone else's injury. Get well soon Nato

Reactions: pish69
Lee did make PA state finals with an injured ACL, I believe he subsequently had surgery on his injured knee. Reality is that some ACL injuries are more severe than others with varying treatment options.

And Austin was probably the only guy in that weight range in Hershey that could pull that match off. I know the record books will not, but I give Spencer a mulligan on that match.

Nato's issue is working out, decent plan AND wrestling well. If the off board reports are to be believed, this is a vision quest for NaTo. Wish him well and want him healthy in march for sure.

That sucks. If PSU is to win NCAAs I'd prefer it was due to their own success rather than someone else's injury. Get well soon Nato

A masseur in Aruba?

Without a doubt! Nato and Synder are the only two Buckeye wrestlers I like. It's early..hopefully he can recover and compete.

Same for Ashnault over at Rutgers..would suck to miss senior years.

This brings up something I've been coming to grips with...I 100% believe if a wrestler is the best guy at that weight, then use him his true freshman year. Only use redshirt for injury, this way you ensure 4 full competition years

Reactions: Lyons212
There is ALWAYS some sneaky crap with Ryan....I would never want my son wrestling for him....Just the opposite type of man and value system of Cael ! Thank God we have him....

And Iowa wrestlers hate wrestling; and Urban Meyer lies to his recruits; and Harbaugh is a scumbag. Yeah, we get it: Cael walks on water, Franklin's shit doesn't stink, and the rest of the sporting world is full of evil lying, cheating bastards.

i just did the math on my 196 lb self (assuming my scale measures body fat percentage well) and i'd be a hair too heavy to wrestle jason nolf. guess i need to get back into diet mode.

Just did the same thing. Is 71% body fat a bad thing?

ADVERTISEMENT