ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting National Signing Day 2022 Central - Early Signing Day Edition!

Who is missing other than Hussey and the digital card NIL guy
speaking of digital card guy.....you think in any way JF was throwing shade on that kid by having his announcements today in the shape of what valued sports cards come in?

Also, anyone hear JF extra talk to King Mack about leadership, etc....

Franklin opens his NSD press conference by discussing the loss of Franco Harris. The program heard about it early this morning but wanted to ensure it was all true before releasing a statement.

"Just an unbelievable human being. An ambassador for the university and the football program. A servant leader. Just an amazing human being. A huge loss for us, we want to send our condolences to the family. If there's anything we can do to support, we'd like to do that."

Franklin believes the program met their needs well in this class, notes all their offensive linemen signees are versatile. They will like to add another wide receiver, and an offensive tackle.

Defensively, they want to add at least another defensive and possibly another defensive end. Notes that they could be in need of another defensive back or two depending on what one recruit (Conrad Hussey) decides to do later today.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Anthony Donkoh will strat at guard most likely. Birchmeier and Jven most likely to start at tackle to see if they can do it, if it doesn't work out at tackle, they 'll be moved inside to guard.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Any surprise signings to the upside? Any dissappiontments ? How many big names are holding out until the last day? Are in line for any of those?

ESPN has us at #12 in the country, #2 in the Big. Ohio State #10 nationally, Mich #20!

Reactions: NedFromYork
I'm sure Locksley's recruiting pitch was "You're not gonna play at Ole Miss so come do big things at Maryland. The best in the DMV should stay in the DMV."
Kind of but not exactly. I know this kid’s uncle and I’m glad that he did not go to Penn State.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Franklin went out of his way to bring up Tyriq Blanding as someone who he thinks was underrecruited and could be a nice player for the Nittany Lions.
What else did you expect CJF to say?......"Well, we crapped out on every top DT in the country, so we're taking a shot with Blanding." "It's disappointing that we really needed 2 top DTs and got none."

Franklin believes the program met their needs well in this class, notes all their offensive linemen signees are versatile. They will like to add another wide receiver, and an offensive tackle.

Defensively, they want to add at least another defensive and possibly another defensive end. Notes that they could be in need of another defensive back or two depending on what one recruit (Conrad Hussey) decides to do later today.
If CJF said that, he obviously forgot about WR, OL, and especially DT.

Nice class but a typical Franklin class ranked 10-15 and, judging by the ratings score, his fourth best. It was a #2 B1G class with O$U at #5 and Michigan at #17, overall.

Any surprise signings to the upside? Any dissappiontments ? How many big names are holding out until the last day? Are in line for any of those?

ESPN has us at #12 in the country, #2 in the Big. Ohio State #10 nationally, Mich #20!
And we have seen a lot from the PSU 2022 class on the field already -- Nick Singleton, Kaytron Allen, Drew Allar, Abdul Carter, Zane Durant, Dani Dennis-Sutton, Drew Shelton, and others. And the 2023 class is close in ranking to OSU, better ranked than Michigan

Hate to break it to the pessimists -- Penn State will be very good (and very capable of beating OSU and Michigan) in 2023 and 2024

Reactions: GregInPitt

I’ve probably seen at least a half dozen articles this morning basically saying that Ohio State did not finish strong and is disappointed in their class.

I’ve probably seen at least a half dozen articles this morning basically saying that Ohio State did not finish strong and is disappointed in their class.
what is nice is that the players that rejected the Suckeyes went out of conference so we won’t see them. And if they though a #10 class was bad Mich fans have to be upset over a. #20 class.

Reactions: bison13
what is nice is that the players that rejected the Suckeyes went out of conference so we won’t see them. And if they though a #10 class was bad Mich fans have to be upset over a. #20 class.
FWIW, Michigan has been very active in the transfer portal (as has Michigan State, which seems to be their new practice each year)

FWIW, Michigan has been very active in the transfer portal (as has Michigan State, which seems to be their new practice each year)

I think that’s a smart plan (although it didn’t work for MSU this year). Probably more effective to plug in a ready made player to fill a hole than wait for a HS recruit to develop. In any event it’s modern day college football.

I seem to remember reading that UM is getting a few from the portal that will be instant starters to compliment their returning players and recruiting class.

Whereas PSU knows of obvious holes in the lineup at WR and DT and has yet to get a position player commitment.

And who could cry for oh-high-ya when they got 3 of the top 10 WR coming out of H.S...... as well as better OL and DL groups than what Franklin and his staff have signed.....

Hey, I think Franklin did a nice job with this class. But he needs to get going on addressing the holes that still remain before all the better players have homes.

Franklin builds his class every year with 4 star “Athletes” that he probably thinks could fill multiple positions. His offensive line recruiting has gotten better, But he continues to whiff on highly rated DT’s and our wide receivers have not panned out. Saunders was an elite wide receiver in the last class who I think Ohio State offered late and he could not hit the field this year

Hussey is not the first one to take a day or days extra. Anyone remember any PSU commits signing a day or two later than the first day?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT