ADVERTISEMENT

Nat duals are back!

I'm not sure. I think someone mentioned being in the area once. But maybe that was you. I used to have a place in Heritage Palms on Six-mile Cypress. Sold that in 2014 and moved to Naples across Gulf Shore Blvd from the Venetian Village if you know where that is.
Nice area! If you happen to enjoy the occasional cigar and ever wanna meet up for a smoke and talk all things college wrestling, I know there's a few lounges down that way. Let me know. My email address is my username at yahoo. I'll be in the area quite a bit coming up.

Nice area! If you happen to enjoy the occasional cigar and ever wanna meet up for a smoke and talk all things college wrestling, I know there's a few lounges down that way. Let me know. My email address is my username at yahoo. I'll be in the area quite a bit coming up.
I'm heading down tomorrow for a quick trip to put a new boat in the water, but I'll be there from October 8 - October 16. If you want to take a drive down to Burn by Rock Patel, the stogies are on me.
BTW, you're very close to my buddy, Harold Balink's restaurant, Harold's. Ever been? Best food from Naples to Tampa. And he's a great guy. They are currently closed for a big Renovation, but will be open again soon.

I'm heading down tomorrow for a quick trip to put a new boat in the water, but I'll be there from October 8 - October 16. If you want to take a drive down to Burn by Rock Patel, the stogies are on me.
BTW, you're very close to my buddy, Harold Balink's restaurant, Harold's. Ever been? Best food from Naples to Tampa. And he's a great guy. They are currently closed for a big Renovation, but will be open again soon.
I would hope this boat and vacationing is interneting accessible

Reactions: 82bordeaux
I would hope this boat and vacationing is interneting accessible
Another way to enjoy the trip is to have Bordeaux and his wife Lovey adopt you and your BWI buddies! :):)

4014596b-6404-4406-9263-3dd19a7b08b1_text.gif

Hear that boys? Lets party at Bordeauxs again while he's gone.

Who's got the beverages? I'm good for the strippers and blow...

Last edited:
A good friend moved to Naples 5/6 years ago. If Harold's has a pool and tiki huts, I've been there a few times. Great place.

A good friend moved to Naples 5/6 years ago. If Harold's has a pool and tiki huts, I've been there a few times. Great place.
That is Harold's Place in the Gulfcoast Inn. That is not the place. Harold's Restaurant is in South Fort Myers. Extremely good fine dining in a non pretentious setting. Harold played tight end at Colorado behind Christian Fauria. He is a prince of a guy and an extremely talented chef.
Harold's Place on the other hand is a nice little dive tiki bar. But it is tOSU official bar in Naples, so that is no bueno for me.

That is Harold's Place in the Gulfcoast Inn. That is not the place. Harold's Restaurant is in South Fort Myers. Extremely good fine dining in a non pretentious setting. Harold played tight end at Colorado behind Christian Fauria. He is a prince of a guy and an extremely talented chef.
Harold's Place on the other hand is a nice little dive tiki bar. But it is tOSU official bar in Naples, so that is no bueno for me.
How does a guy play for Colorado but open a tO$U joint....

Guess it's the grey hair ohioite migration .....

I have a serious interest in going to Natty Duals. Might make it a 4-5 day stay. If I do go......I will be driving from Charlotte NC. so I will have a car available for use by anyone that wants to when I am not using it. It may be a 5 speed though. That might eliminate 90% of the population :)

I have a serious interest in going to Natty Duals. Might make it a 4-5 day stay. If I do go......I will be driving from Charlotte NC. so I will have a car available for use by anyone that wants to when I am not using it. It may be a 5 speed though. That might eliminate 90% of the population :)
Translated: plans to drink, needs a designated driver.

Translated: plans to drink, needs a designated driver.
Actually I am usually the designated driver. Drinking makes me sleepy so I usually don't drink until I am at the hotel or ready to crash (the sleeping kind). Besides......most people think I'm trashed anyway :). Also....If I show up a few days early.....I probably will have hit all the places I want to see before the "massive" crowds arrive........meaning my car or wagon or van....whichever..... will be available for use. Trust me...... a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid won't be devalued by adding a couple hundred miles of tourism by some PSU drunks plowing through parking lots :)

Started vacationing in Ft Walton in 1969. Dad was stationed at Elgin Airforce Base nearby in the 50’s and loved the area. Destin was a tiny fishing village with a couple motels, gas stations and bait shops. Boy, have times changed. I plan on going. Hope to see many of you there.

Under 40...

Reactions: danoftw
Under 40...

I was thinking the same thing. I'd wager that the vast majority of board members here can drive a manual transmission. Both of my 20 something sons and my wife can also drive manual (and obviously I can). Driving from Charlotte, you'll likely drive right past my place in SC. Still haven't convinced the wife that it's a trip we need to make, but who knows.....

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Ok... airfare sunday through Wednesday from Minneapolis..... on allegiant $99.00 round-trip. 😀. I think I'm booking and if not going I'm only out $99.00.
Anyone else with definite plans, I'd be willing to share a car if lodging is close. Thanks.

Ok... airfare sunday through Wednesday from Minneapolis..... on allegiant $99.00 round-trip. 😀. I think I'm booking and if not going I'm only out $99.00.
Anyone else with definite plans, I'd be willing to share a car if lodging is close. Thanks.
Trying, but not much luck on flights. Allegiant flies Pittsburgh to Destin, but nothing available until April, 2022!

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT