ADVERTISEMENT

Nat duals are back!

you have no idea what you're talking about.
You said
i'm pretty sure Penn St. and OK State are going to dual. both were in talks about national duals and then said 'no'.

the only two important omissions from the field. (not criticizing...coaches know best)

but i'm almost positive those two schools got something cooking together. idk if that would be at or near the same dates as Natl Duals

I don't see OK State on PSU's schedule. Do you?

When the season is over, I want no doubt who the best team is. PSU sweeping National Duals, BIGs and the National tourney in March will leave no doubt.

df33cbea-28c0-48eb-a657-c883a0d6a058_text.gif

Anyone headed to Florida for the meet?

I'm going to consider it. My wife and I just purchased a home in upstate South Carolina to be used seasonally during the winter/spring period and I think it would be a 6 or 7 hour drive for me. I'll see if I can talk my wife into a short winter vacation or see if one of my sons want to come down for Christmas and go to the duals with me.

Last time: what part of your statement "i'm pretty sure Penn St. and OK State are going to dual" aged well?
Things change, Willie even hinted there was a twist coming. You think he is on this board just making things up? No you just enjoy making snarky comments whenever you have a chance, hence why our board likes throwing Cornell lawyers and "not trying" jokes back at you.

Things change, Willie even hinted there was a twist coming. You think he is on this board just making things up? No you just enjoy making snarky comments whenever you have a chance, hence why our board likes throwing Cornell lawyers and "not trying" jokes back at you.
Speaking of Cornell, poor Scribe on TheMat made a snarky PSU comment re: duals while not knowing that he was responding to a month old article.

Now that we’re going, might be fun to smash Cornell - if they make it to us

Our boy Nothing takes Yianni’s “not trying” attitude to heart when it comes to message-boarding. My boy’s posts are increasingly flaccid and void of original thought - like he’s going through the motions

It seems Central Michigan's Drew Hildebrandt is hanging up his wrestling shoes. Not much overall effect on PSU at the Duals but taking an All-American out of CMU's lineup certainly hurts them.

Drew Hildebrandt IG

Happy to see PSU reconsidered. When the season is over, I want no doubt who the best team is. PSU sweeping National Duals, BIGs and the National tourney in March will leave no doubt. Oh and it will also show that the absolute best team Iowa could put out in a decade is no match for the young, "up and comer" Penn State. :)

Our boy Nothing takes Yianni’s “not trying” attitude to heart when it comes to message-boarding. My boy’s posts are increasingly flaccid and void of original thought - like he’s going through the motions
(just picking this response, not really replying)

You all are correct. I've been a d***, for which I apologize. I've usually tried to act like a guest on *your* forum, and I'll do better. Feel free to give me as much crap as you want (like I could stop you!), although the members of this forum are far better behaved than I've seen on the HR and on the Lehigh forums (the Cornell forums are too dull to even mention).

I look forward to the ass-kicking that PSU will slap on Cornell in December, if they meet.

I'm going to consider it. My wife and I just purchased a home in upstate South Carolina to be used seasonally during the winter/spring period and I think it would be a 6 or 7 hour drive for me. I'll see if I can talk my wife into a short winter vacation or see if one of my sons want to come down for Christmas and go to the duals with me.
$120.00 round trip from Minneapolis. Sunday to Wednesday.... maybe I should stay longer. Never been to Destin.

Just checked Travelocity for Destin FL around the dates of National duals.

Some attractive places to stay for reasonable prices. I’m sure VRBO / AirBnB as well. Flights are reasonable.

I can think of worst places to drop into during mid-December.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Destin is a gorgeous beach. VERY busy in the summer, busy in the fall, not too busy in December before the Snowbirds roll in from the North in January. Water's a little chilly at that time of year, but lots of great places and restaurants. If anyone wants my thoughts on condos or parts of the area, let me know. It's definitely the right time of year. Prices for places to stay in July are AT LEAST double what they are in December.

Keep in mind, that you'll need a car. Destin is about a 25 minute drive across the bay from Niceville and there is a toll bridge.

Destin is a gorgeous beach. VERY busy in the summer, busy in the fall, not too busy in December before the Snowbirds roll in from the North in January. Water's a little chilly at that time of year, but lots of great places and restaurants. If anyone wants my thoughts on condos or parts of the area, let me know. It's definitely the right time of year. Prices for places to stay in July are AT LEAST double what they are in December.

Keep in mind, that you'll need a car. Destin is about a 25 minute drive across the bay from Niceville and there is a toll bridge.
…. Great start !!
Thank you, please continue.
I’m all ears.
or, do we have PMs on this site ?

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
(just picking this response, not really replying)

You all are correct. I've been a d***, for which I apologize. I've usually tried to act like a guest on *your* forum, and I'll do better. Feel free to give me as much crap as you want (like I could stop you!), although the members of this forum are far better behaved than I've seen on the HR and on the Lehigh forums (the Cornell forums are too dull to even mention).

I look forward to the ass-kicking that PSU will slap on Cornell in December, if they meet.

Well played.

The usual caution: check rental car prices before booking flights.

Did a quick check -- 1 week Priceline economy car = $500 pre-paid. (Maybe car sharing is a little cheaper?)

With those prices, maybe some folks decide to stay at the same hotel and split a car.

Not discouraging anyone, just make informed decisions.

The usual caution: check rental car prices before booking flights.

Did a quick check -- 1 week Priceline economy car = $500 pre-paid. (Maybe car sharing is a little cheaper?)

With those prices, maybe some folks decide to stay at the same hotel and split a car.

Not discouraging anyone, just make informed decisions.

I fly to SW FL on my own dime many times throughout the year so I'm always looking for the cheapest car rental rates, especially since last Fall when they skyrocketed. In the last month, I've noticed rates dropping (finally) where I go, and the best recommendation I can make is to book your rental car no more than 1 month out from departure, and usually around 2 weeks out or less has been seeing the rates the lowest they go. I always book REFUNDABLE rates so that when I see a cheaper one, I rebook and cancel the original. Around the 30 day mark, I start checking every other day to see if the rate dropped.

I fly to SW FL on my own dime many times throughout the year so I'm always looking for the cheapest car rental rates, especially since last Fall when they skyrocketed. In the last month, I've noticed rates dropping (finally) where I go, and the best recommendation I can make is to book your rental car no more than 1 month out from departure, and usually around 2 weeks out or less has been seeing the rates the lowest they go. I always book REFUNDABLE rates so that when I see a cheaper one, I rebook and cancel the original. Around the 30 day mark, I start checking every other day to see if the rate dropped.
I do the same with rental cars. Where are you at down there? I'm in Naples.

I do the same with rental cars. Where are you at down there? I'm in Naples.
Got a condo in South Fort Myers west of 41 and Gladiolus. Hopefully will be a full timer down there by this time next year. About an 8 hour drive to Niceville I see! Any other fans in the area that you know of?

Got a condo in South Fort Myers west of 41 and Gladiolus. Hopefully will be a full timer down there by this time next year. About an 8 hour drive to Niceville I see! Any other fans in the area that you know of?
I'm not sure. I think someone mentioned being in the area once. But maybe that was you. I used to have a place in Heritage Palms on Six-mile Cypress. Sold that in 2014 and moved to Naples across Gulf Shore Blvd from the Venetian Village if you know where that is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT