ADVERTISEMENT

Myrtle Beach

Broadway is good to walk around. We do not eat there as all the restaurants there jack up the price for tourists.

Taking family to Myrtle Beach since our cruise was cancelled. Just wanted to see what places you think our family (boys 13, 8 and 5) might like.

We will be there 6 days and kind of put this together last minute with work schedules for us. Think we might do the Pirate Voyage place for dinner one night for kids and the Wonder works place for the kids to do hands on stuff.

Other than that it will be a lot of beach and relaxing. Also heard a lot of places are open to sit for dinners so it will be nice for that. Plus kids and wife are excited to try and book haircuts. I’ve been saving the family for years not growing any up top anyway.

It’s our first time going there as we usually do LBI for a beach trip.

Thanks in advance

We make the trek down in 2002. Be ready for an experience driving 95 down there, it will try you to the limit. Broadway at the Beach is good, just be careful. It is built around a lake and THERE ARE ALLIGATORS IN THE LAKE (not very big, about 2=21/2 feet long, but there are signs there cautioning you not to feed them.). There is a Ripley's aquarium there also and they did have a shark encounter like the one they had in Sea World Orlando where you are on a moving beltway tunnel on the bottom.If you remember Damon's Grill from State College, there is one right on the beach across from the airport. A story about the beach. We are Delmarva vacationers for 40 years. The first day, we went down to the beach, rented an umbrella and chairs, found a nice spot, and "set up camp". About 5 minutes after we got settled, the lifeguard paid us a visit. He informed us that on this beach, the umbrellas are to be set up in a straight row so he could have a better view of the beach, no plopping where you want like Ocean City and Rehoboth.

When are you coming to Myrtle.

I have a restaurant in north myrtle for breakfast and lunch.

The kitchen table restaurant on 17.

Most places are open now and attractions are getting open as well. Golf is always great. What hotel and where are you saying.

Let me know how I can help.

Raz - what's the word down there? Was looking to come down next week, but case count increases every day has me nervous... did the mask mandate have any effect or you still seeing people ignore it?

Raz - what's the word down there? Was looking to come down next week, but case count increases every day has me nervous... did the mask mandate have any effect or you still seeing people ignore it?
Yes we’re having a massive increase of COVID-19 cases down here but we are also having a massive increase of people coming here for vacation it would not deter me to come here you just have to do your own due diligence yes we have a mask law now in place for the next 60 days you have to wear a mask inside restaurants places to To go shopping and stuff like that you do not need to wear a mask while walking outside on the beach driving a car Basically washing your hands more often than you normally do and just doing your own to diligence and bring as much as the stuff you can I know a lot of the hotels and stuff are actually shrink wrapping their sheets to keep them sanitized the restaurants are doing everything they can all your waitstaff and waiters and everybody will have a mask on I don’t know if I need all the buffet are open yet a lot of those were still closed but everything else is relatively still up and running

Rigger: So I had to Google "Pawleys Island" just to figure out where you are (roughly 25 miles from Myrtle Beach). Cable news has showing photos of various beach locales as part of reports on Coronavirus and July 4th weekend. A photo of Myrtle Beach showed thousands of folks on the beach, in numbers sufficient to preclude meaningful social distancing. And it did not appear that many folks were wearing masks. To be fair, that same thing is happening on beaches around the country. I hope the fact that folks are at least out of doors, and that many beaches feature a steady breeze, is sufficient to preclude a big jump in Coronavirus infections. But I am not altogether confident that will be the case.

Rigger: So I had to Google "Pawleys Island" just to figure out where you are (roughly 25 miles from Myrtle Beach). Cable news has showing photos of various beach locales as part of reports on Coronavirus and July 4th weekend. A photo of Myrtle Beach showed thousands of folks on the beach, in numbers sufficient to preclude meaningful social distancing. And it did not appear that many folks were wearing masks. To be fair, that same thing is happening on beaches around the country. I hope the fact that folks are at least out of doors, and that many beaches feature a steady breeze, is sufficient to preclude a big jump in Coronavirus infections. But I am not altogether confident that will be the case.
Let’s hope the breeze will keep it away unfortunately the mask law only requirement is being in public areas they were not able to include the beaches. the locals down in Pawleys j they are not going to the beaches it’s just vacationers. The island like you said it’s about 25 miles south of Myrtle Beach it’s kind of a secluded

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT