ADVERTISEMENT

Myer cut off from facilities and player contact.

Who says Meyer didn't bring it to his superiors?

There has been nothing indicating he has including his own statements ?

Why... if he did... would he not state otherwise ?

Instead... he says 1) He knew nothing about it and then 2) said he made a mistake in what he said at Big10 media day ?

Now... I’ll be the first to say... this whole thing is BS...and is an issue only because Meyer ( like Paterno) is a name media can get attention on with a sensational story.

However... if one is to try and say Meyer had no knowledge of abuse...I mean... really ?

The most powerful man in Ohio and at Ohio State ?

Oops... wrong case...

Not to derail... but... the lack of actions or statements made by Emmert or Delaney on MSU.. OSU makes me sick compared to their grandstanding with PSU.

But... that’s another issue.

Paterno brought second hand, very vague information to his superior about allegations of a former assistant coach and an alleged victim that to this day no one knows for sure who it was. A former assistant coach that Paterno is on record of not liking very much.

Meyer may or may not have brought first hand, very detailed info to his superior about a current assistant coach and an alleged victim that was very, very well known to many people on the coaching staff. A current assistant coach that Meyer must like because he kept him around despite multiple allegations.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
There has been nothing indicating he has including his own statements ?

Why... if he did... would he not state otherwise ?

Instead... he says 1) He knew nothing about it and then 2) said he made a mistake in what he said at Big10 media day ?

Now... I’ll be the first to say... this whole thing is BS...and is an issue only because Meyer ( like Paterno) is a name media can get attention on with a sensational story.

However... if one is to try and say Meyer had no knowledge of abuse...I mean... really ?

The most powerful man in Ohio and at Ohio State ?

Oops... wrong case...

Not to derail... but... the lack of actions or statements made by Emmert or Delaney on MSU.. OSU makes me sick compared to their grandstanding with PSU.

But... that’s another issue.

What do his comments to the media have to do with anything? He's not required to tell the media what he knew or did. Smith's raise indicates that AD knew.

I've never said he had no knowledge. Personally, I don't care if he did. Same as with Paterno

Michigan State and Ohio State aren't as dumb as our BOT. Hence things are being handled differently and better. We screwed ourselves. You can blame others all you want but when we're signing consent decrees and firing our HC we did it to ourselves. Same thing with Syracuse basketball and Fine. They fought back--we happily gave away money and de-emphasized football. Of course, Delany and Emmert ran with it when the public outcry was at the level it was. Please tell me you see the difference. I'm still dumbfounded that everyone here pretty much acknowledges we were done wrong but now they want others penalized in the same manner. Two wrongs don't make it right

Last edited:
Paterno brought second hand, very vague information to his superior about allegations of a former assistant coach and an alleged victim that to this day no one knows for sure who it was. A former assistant coach that Paterno is on record of not liking very much.

Meyer may or may not have brought first hand, very detailed info to his superior about a current assistant coach and an alleged victim that was very, very well known to many people on the coaching staff. A current assistant coach that Meyer must like because he kept him around despite multiple allegations.

Paterno kept Sandusky on his staff for how many years? You don't have to like someone to keep them on your staff if they help you win. Let's be real.

Allegations are just that...no one, IMO, should be fired over an allegation. Shouldn't our fan base understand that better than anyone?

Was the Sandusky situation a proud moment for Paterno? Who said it's a proud moment?
I still don't understand why anyone cares if someone lied about something when they weren't in court.
This entire thing has been so blown out of proportion on this board that it's honestly just sad at this point
Joe Paterno never spoke to any victim. At all. UM had his buddy go to Florida to SEE A VICTIM and urge her not to file charges, we are told. If that is so, it is NOT THE SAME AT ALL.

Reactions: EdJumacated
Your link doesn't work. I found the actual article. Here is link. https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/records_show_history_of_domest.html Nowhere does it state that there were findings against ZS. Part of the article stated:

"
* A handful of child custody disputes. [turns out to be 5-- reducing the potential domestic violence topic reports to 4]

* A report from Oct. 21, 2015 indicates Courtney informed police that she felt she was being followed by someone in a black SUV, and shared she was having issues "with her soon to be ex-husband." That was the first mention of domestic issues found in the reports obtained by cleveland.com.

* Another report from Oct. 26, 2015 details Courtney Smith telling Powell police she wished to file a restraining order against her husband. [There could be something here. Strange that not mentioned by PD]

* There's a report from January 5, 2016 in which Courtney Smith was given a speeding warning. Smith shared that she was having domestic issues with her ex-husband that day, and that the City of Powell was aware of it. The report adds that she was crying and visibly upset.

* An incident on December 17, 2017 when Courtney reported neighbors seeing Zach looking through the windows of her home, the windows of her vehicle and banging on the door of her home at 1:30 a.m. No charges were filed from that incident, but Zach Smith was issued a trespass warning."

None of them involve specific descriptions of domestic violence. In light of the statements of Bruce and Carano, her fear of being followed by a black SUV for example is highly suspect.

None of them resulted in charges being filed. Your original statement was wildly inaccurate.
I suppose I should expect lawyers to dishonestly parse words and misquote. My words exactly said domestics which is like saying domestic incidents that lead to a filed police report. You even quoted that above and it doesn't say 9 cases of domestic violence. I never even used the term domestic violence in any of these discussions. But even in your cherry picked sample of descriptions of police reports on these domestic incidents there is some seriously concerting actions on the part of Zach. Stalking their house at 1:30 am? Isn't that what OJ did? Or does the glove not fit? Why don't you list the other descriptions of the police reports that you intentionally omitted? Why are you defending an Ohio St coach who admitted to physical abuse in text messages that he sent as if he was being framed?

Paterno kept Sandusky on his staff for how many years? You don't have to like someone to keep them on your staff if they help you win. Let's be real.

Allegations are just that...no one, IMO, should be fired over an allegation. Shouldn't our fan base understand that better than anyone?

You don't have to like someone to keep them on staff. But you're not going to give them any mulligans for screwing up multiple times like Meyer has with Smith.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
Going to her house at 1.00 am. Let me just say: DV experts compile lists of lethality factors. Pretty sure that stalking her home in the middle of the night is pretty high on the lethality list, as I KNOW choking her is. UM is very lucky Zach has not killed her yet as a result of Urbys meddling.

Both stalking and choking are in the top 6 lethality indicators used by the Pa Coaltion Against DV.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJumacated
First off, alleged victim--her mother doesn't even believe her. Why do you?
Second, to me, this is you stating you believe Meyer threatened Courtney into not speaking...I hope that's not what you're actually stating
Third, Courtney made her choice based on whatever information she had available to her at the time. Who knows her actual reasons. Who knows if anything she has said is even truthful. You want to defend the person you believe to be the victim without knowing what happened.

When there are texts from the perp admitting he violently abused her, I don't give a shit about her mom's opinion.

You even quoted that above and it doesn't say 9 cases of domestic violence. I never even used the term domestic violence in any of these discussions.

Then your original post was crap. No one cares whether ZS and CS had child custody issues. You are the one dishonestly parsing words. The whole point of the UM issue is domestic violence not child support for instance. The fact that CS was crying while given a speeding warning and mentioned that she had domestic issues one day, for instance, has nothing to do with UM, but it counts as one of your horrible 9 incidents.

Further, absolutely nothing arose out of the domestic filings, which damages the credibility of CS.

The "stalking the house" allegation was explained by Bruce, in that when CS complained of the supposed stalking, ZS was out of state. If that is true or not, easily proved by the records. You have been posting crap and are too lazy to read what is out there.

When there are texts from the perp admitting he violently abused her, I don't give a shit about her mom's opinion.

One text among probably thousands. Non-murderers admit to murder sometimes. False or mistaken admissions of guilt happen all of the time. Either way, it is not UM's job to investigate.

First off, alleged victim--her mother doesn't even believe her. Why do you?
Second, to me, this is you stating you believe Meyer threatened Courtney into not speaking...I hope that's not what you're actually stating
Third, Courtney made her choice based on whatever information she had available to her at the time. Who knows her actual reasons. Who knows if anything she has said is even truthful. You want to defend the person you believe to be the victim without knowing what happened.
I don't know her, her mother or anyone involved. But the preponderance of evidence presented, to date, is enough to convince me that she is a victim of domestic violence. Was he, as well? That I don't know. Maybe he was. But there is no objective evidence to say he was. What he and her mom say is irrelevant.

I said nothing about Coach Meyer.

I will ALWAYS defer to the victim in alleged domestic abuse cases when the preponderance of the evidence indicates a strong likelihood that what has been made public is, in fact, accurate. You should never, and I mean NEVER, blame somebody who claims to be the victim of domestic violence because you don't know his/her circumstances. And that's exactly what you did.

Nepotism begets mulligans. It also infuriates most other employees but it still happens as we witness again and again. I can't imagine other staff enjoyed an allegedly underperforming, pre-excused and counseled asst. coach continued to be employed solely due to his heredity and connected position. It's not what you know but who you know that seems to move you ahead to the big positions in many cases. It often doesn't work out well, case in point.

Frankly, the big monied boys at the NCAA and Big10 must be squirming in their fancy shoes and high priced suits as the trifecta of sexual abuse and assault at Theeeeeee Ohio State University is unprecedented in scope surpassing the debacle at Michigan State which both organizations completely ignored to my knowledge, to this point. Seems a bit under scrutinized so far compared with the instantaneous Krakatoaesque outbursts of self-righteous outrage by the leadership of both organizations not that long ago?

I will ALWAYS defer to the victim in alleged domestic abuse cases when the preponderance of the evidence indicates a strong likelihood that what has been made public is, in fact, accurate.

That is your choice. However, the people making decisions, who in this case after the investigation, will have more knowledge than you should make their decision based on a more complete picture. For instance, we haven't heard Shelly Meyers statements and haven't seen additional texts, which are probably out there. Shelly Meyer and other spouses of the coaches will be questioned, and that should give a more complete picture.

Then your original post was crap. No one cares whether ZS and CS had child custody issues. You are the one dishonestly parsing words. The whole point of the UM issue is domestic violence not child support for instance. The fact that CS was crying while given a speeding warning and mentioned that she had domestic issues one day, for instance, has nothing to do with UM, but it counts as one of your horrible 9 incidents.

Further, absolutely nothing arose out of the domestic filings, which damages the credibility of CS.

The "stalking the house" allegation was explained by Bruce, in that when CS complained of the supposed stalking, ZS was out of state. If that is true or not, easily proved by the records. You have been posting crap and are too lazy to read what is out there.
You are a trolling piece of shit.

That is your choice. However, the people making decisions, who in this case after the investigation, will have more knowledge than you should make their decision based on a more complete picture. For instance, we haven't heard Shelly Meyers statements and haven't seen additional texts, which are probably out there. Shelly Meyer and other spouses of the coaches will be questioned, and that should give a more complete picture.

Is anybody surprised that during this thorough “investigation”, Gene Smith has been on vacation all week?

According to the Ozone commenters he is leaving next week. http://forums.theozone.net/messages/238456.html

I could give a crap about him. It does mean that he sees little for him to do or to protect himself, which is not good news for those here who want UM's head.

Would think that with all of this time, you would have enough between the ears to come out with something different and more imaginative. I know you can spell shit. Try harder.

According to the Ozone commenters he is leaving next week. http://forums.theozone.net/messages/238456.html

I could give a crap about him. It does mean that he sees little for him to do or to protect himself, which is not good news for those here who want UM's head.

I’m not sure anybody wants Urban’s Head. It’s just fun watching you spin your morality and words around in circles to fit your cause on a moment’s notice.

Reactions: PearlSUJam

Again post all 9 summaries of the police reports. You posted those which you believed suit your argument. Post them all if you are intellectually honest enough. Even those you hand picked were shockingly disturbing. I can't imagine the ones you intentionally left out

All I know is Urban's own wife tweeted that she was scared of Zach......If it was me in this position and I knew of the past and my wife said she was scared of this individual he would not be working for me period!

is she scared of him due to Smith's wife statements to her, or some direct knowledge. this will come down to the police reports. if there is no evidence of abuse and Zach Smith disputes the claims by his ex, well this will get real interesting.

BTW - Gene Smith is the one who may go first, if this was reported to him as it seems. somehow he escaped the last fiasco.

Post them all if you are intellectually honest enough

Sorry to use your link. You are welcome to post the 5 child custody issues if you wish. I quoted everything I could find in your link.

I haven't seen them, but it was you who referenced 9 reports without identifying them. I doubt that the child custody issues are online in any form but conclusory summaries, but if they are bring them up and back up your statement. If you do find them, explain how they are relevant to domestic violence and UM. (A factual dispute over where to drop off a child has nothing to do with domestic violence)

You stated previously that you had objective evidence. Reports by one party not resulting in anything happening is not objective evidence, particularly of domestic violence (Your past statement was:"You are welcome to argue against the facts and evidence that I and others have listed which are in the public domain. I have not invented them.")

You have invented serious incidents out of unsubstantiated and unimportant reports (CS crying about marital relationship when pulled over for speeding.) You are whining about me, when it is you who continues to post dishonest half-truths in order to exaggerate the seriousness of what CS has alleged.

Also, you stated: "Even those you hand picked were shockingly disturbing." Ridiculous that you consider the crying episode in the car after she was stopped to be "shockingly disturbing." Additionally, I didn't hand pick anything. I quoted all of the specifics that were actually contained in the article that YOU provided. You are welcome to add additional info from the article if you can find it.

Last edited:
Would think that with all of this time, you would have enough between the ears to come out with something different and more imaginative. I know you can spell shit. Try harder.

Sorry to use your link. You are welcome to post the 5 child custody issues if you wish. I quoted everything I could find in your link.

I haven't seen them, but it was you who referenced 9 reports without identifying them. I doubt that the child custody issues are online in any form but conclusory summaries, but if they are bring them up and back up your statement. If you do find them, explain how they are relevant to domestic violence and UM. (A factual dispute over where to drop off a child has nothing to do with domestic violence)

You stated previously that you had objective evidence. Reports by one party not resulting in anything happening is not objective evidence, particularly of domestic violence (Your past statement was:"You are welcome to argue against the facts and evidence that I and others have listed which are in the public domain. I have not invented them.")

You have invented serious incidents out of unsubstantiated and unimportant reports (CS crying about marital relationship when pulled over for speeding.) You are whining about me, when it is you who continues to post dishonest half-truths in order to exaggerate the seriousness of what CS has alleged.

Also, "Even those you hand picked were shockingly disturbing." Ridiculous that you consider the crying episode in the car after she was stopped to be "shockingly disturbing."
You are a trolling piece of shit. I don't need to come up with anything else, because that is all there is to say. And you liked my post that said this multiple times, which means you are not only a piece of shit, you are a retard.

Happy with the new content?

Reactions: dailybuck777

Do you believe that this text message exchange is objective evidence?

Just because the mother said it means jack at this point.

Not only do we not know who it was, we also still don't know what Joe was told.

I agree with you here, but my opinion is my opinion, and my opinion didn't get anyone fired or suspended. The point of my original post is that you should not blame the accuser/victim without having a full understanding of the facts. If you think what has been reported is not true, as you clearly do, that's fine. Just don't blame the victim/accuser. If it turns out he did not lay his hands on her and she is lying, I will reassess the situation and possibly change my opinion. Will you?

Do you believe that this text message exchange is objective evidence?

One text among 1000 probably. He could be acceding to her terminology about "strangling" her when something else much less serious occurred in trying to appease her and show remorse about something. Everyone in the criminal law field knows that people falsely admit to crimes all of the time. At this stage, it is some substantial evidence in favor of CS.

Would comment that we knew about this text. You were trying to add 9 additional incidents to it.

Last edited:
If it turns out he did not lay his hands on her and she is lying, I will reassess the situation and possibly change my opinion. Will you?

If UM tried to cover up for ZS to influence the police, I will change my opinion. However, if there were legitimate reasons to question both sides of the story, my position is that it is not his job to investigate and second guess the police. He has 100 players and 20 coaches to deal with in addition to actually coaching. He can't possibly monitor all of their off-field personal lives and issues.

In the past, when Carlos Hyde gave a very minor shove to a young woman who provoked him in a bar, Meyer docked him 3 games and said he would be kicked off the team if he was charged and that if wouldn't matter if he was later cleared. While at OSU, Meyer has had a good record with respect to DV and his players.

If substantial numbers of people here really cared about DV, they would be raising a stink about the Powell police and the Florida Police. If victims are to be protected from DV, for 99% of them, the only realistic protection they have are the police. The only one here focusing on the police that I can see is Obiviax

Last edited:
If UM tried to cover up for ZS to influence the police, I will change my opinion. However, if there were legitimate reasons to question both sides of the story, my position is that it is not his job to investigate and second guess the police. He has 100 players and 20 coaches to deal with in addition to actually coaching. He can't possibly monitor all of their off-field personal lives and issues.

In the past, when Carlos Hyde gave a very minor shove to a young woman who provoked him in a bar, Meyer docked him 3 games and said he would be kicked off the team if he was charged and that if wouldn't matter if he was later cleared. While at OSU, Meyer has had a good record with respect to DV and his players.

If substantial numbers of people here really cared about DV, they would be raising a stink about the Powell police and the Florida Police. If victims are to be protected from DV, for 99% of them, the only realistic protection they have are the police. The only one here focusing on the police that I can see is Obiviax

Stop posting on here.

Reactions: dailybuck777
One text among 1000 probably. He could be acceding to her terminology about "strangling" her when something else much less serious occurred in trying to appease her and show remorse about something. Everyone in the criminal law field knows that people falsely admit to crimes all of the time. At this stage, it is some substantial evidence in favor of CS.

Would comment that we knew about this text. You were trying to add 9 additional incidents to it.

Man, this is so similar to the “Jerry was probably just showering off after a workout with the kid” posts that it makes me wonder if it’s one of those guys in disguise.

Reactions: demlion
Man, this is so similar to the “Jerry was probably just showering off after a workout with the kid” posts that it makes me wonder if it’s one of those guys in disguise.
This snake sure is slithering. He wants people to completely disregard the Ohio St wife beater's written admission of physical abuse while accepting that Urban did nothing wrong in rehiring the known wife beater, promoting him, and protecting him until the public learned. Then he lied about it. Then when caught in his lie, he non-apologized for lying and said he always did everything right. Right. And now his protégé DJ Durkin is in trouble for the culture he learned under Urban Meyer and brought to Maryland. Meyer's culture imploded at UF. Is there anything Urban touches that doesn't end well?

Reactions: Connorpozlee
This snake sure is slithering. He wants people to completely disregard the Ohio St wife beater's written admission of physical abuse while accepting that Urban did nothing wrong in rehiring the known wife beater, promoting him, and protecting him until the public learned. Then he lied about it. Then when caught in his lie, he non-apologized for lying and said he always did everything right. Right. And now his protégé DJ Durkin is in trouble for the culture he learned under Urban Meyer and brought to Maryland. Meyer's culture imploded at UF. Is there anything Urban touches that doesn't end well?

Well, at least Urban didn’t lie about climate change!!!!!

Reactions: ouirpsu

Are you yourself a domestic abuser? You sure talk like one. Provoked him, did she? Jesus. So, did UM have his life coach talk to the police in Florida? If so, you still excuse him, right?

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Are you yourself a domestic abuser? You sure talk like one. Provoked him, did she? Jesus.

You are a lying sack of shit. See link and message 270 at the link, where you were caught in an obvious lie. https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-rep-jim-jordan-oh-denies-he-turned-a-blind-eye-to-sex-abuse-while-at-osu.211284/page-7 Also, Obliviax called you out as a liar in that thread.

I have been the recipient of domestic abuse. CS's mother said she provoked him. How many mothers do you know that would tolerate their daughters being beaten and then lie about the beating. There are reasonable grounds to believe that ZS was trying to disentangle himself from CS attacks, which led to redness on her body and one cut on her hand.

Last edited:
You are a lying sack of shit. See link and message 270 at the link, where you were caught in an obvious lie. https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-rep-jim-jordan-oh-denies-he-turned-a-blind-eye-to-sex-abuse-while-at-osu.211284/page-7 Also, Obliviax called you out as a liar in that thread.

I have been the recipient of domestic abuse. CS's mother said she provoked him. How many mothers do you know that would tolerate their daughters being beaten and they lie about the beating. There are reasonable grounds to believe that ZS was trying to disentangle himself from CS attacks, which led to redness on her body and one cut on her hand.

Defending a wife beater. As one former recruit might say, “Yuck.”

ADVERTISEMENT