ADVERTISEMENT

My upset special of the week: Navy over the Domers

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
No doubt ND isn't a bad team, but I think they will be heart broken saturday after their come back fail short last week. Navy IMO is a legit team this year. Kennan Reynolds is a good QB and their OL is experienced. I love the way Navy plays football.

Reactions: Roethlisberge
Well - Navy's O is similar to Georgia Tech's and ND played very well against GT just a few weeks ago. I think ND's O puts up too many pts on Navy's D.

No doubt ND isn't a bad team, but I think they will be heart broken saturday after their come back fail short last week. Navy IMO is a legit team this year. Kennan Reynolds is a good QB and their OL is experienced. I love the way Navy plays football.
So this is your chance to make some serious dollars. How much are you betting on Navy?
medium-smiley-117.gif

As much as I would like to see it, I don't think it happens.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I doubt it. Nevertheless, If M. Felli is picking ND, then bet Navy.

Reynolds can throw it enough to keep the defense off balance ... he is also closing in on the all time TD record in college football so I would say he is a little be better than a "good runner that does well against weak opponents" Not predicting a Navy win but I would be surprised if it wasn't a good game.

Reactions: hlstone
I have to agree with some of the others. I love your sentiment but have to believe the Domers have to much for Navy. Weather will be clear so not even the prospect of a close, error prone game due to sloppy conditions.

Reynolds can throw it enough to keep the defense off balance ... he is also closing in on the all time TD record in college football so I would say he is a little be better than a "good runner that does well against weak opponents" Not predicting a Navy win but I would be surprised if it wasn't a good game.

Sorry, but I don't see a quality opponent that he rushed for more than about 50 yards against. He went for 53 against ND in 2013. He went for 93 against Pitt, but are they really that quality? I'm not counting Indiana or Temple (before this year) as quality.

His job isn't just to run the ball - he is an option QB so sometimes his smart play is NOT to run the football and give it or pitch it (and throw it accurately). He is a better option QB than the guy GT has right now. I think Navy put 39 on ND last year - he is a very good player and has a ton of experience and I expect a good game against anyone they play this year.

His job isn't just to run the ball - he is an option QB so sometimes his smart play is NOT to run the football and give it or pitch it (and throw it accurately). He is a better option QB than the guy GT has right now. I think Navy put 39 on ND last year - he is a very good player and has a ton of experience and I expect a good game against anyone they play this year.
You're right. He is a very good player. I still say ND by 15 or more.

Navy always seems to play ND tough and Navy is my favorite team when they are not playing PSU.

If you are looking for a double digit underdog...take Virginia + 10 1/2 versus Pitt.

Pitt has an improved defense, but horrible QB play against a decent Virginia defense.
This one should be decided by less than a touchdown.

If you are looking for a double digit underdog...take Virginia + 10 1/2 versus Pitt.

Pitt has an improved defense, but horrible QB play against a decent Virginia defense.
This one should be decided by less than a touchdown.
That is one of the first games that jumped out at me. I think it actually started around +8.5 and moved to 10.5. That concerned me a bit, as it could be sharp money going to Pitt. I still like UVA though.

That is one of the first games that jumped out at me. I think it actually started around +8.5 and moved to 10.5. That concerned me a bit, as it could be sharp money going to Pitt. I still like UVA though.

Same Virginia team that almost lost to Mary and Bill? I can't stand Pitt, but I think they are safe here.

I agree. I think ND covers the spread. Great point about playing GT. Navy will be a weaker version of GT.
Im not sure Navy is a weaker version of GT. Gt looked pretty bad against Duke and North Carolina. Lost both games. Navy is undefeated.

All I know is THE GLOV may dance naked down main street if this happens! I for one hope no one takes any photos....Go Middies!!
I hope not for the members of his community. I think THE GLOV once fessed up that he was like 5' 6" 240.

Same Virginia team that almost lost to Mary and Bill? I can't stand Pitt, but I think they are safe here.
First,I'm talking about UVA covering the spread. 10.5 seems like too big of a number.
PSU almost lost to Army. Do you think that game was indicative of how good PSU is?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT