ADVERTISEMENT

My story from the Nebraska game

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Some of you may remember from the Michigan game 2 years ago when I shared a hotel shuttle ride with a female member of the BOT. Well I have another story from the Nebraska game (not BOT related).
After breakfast at the Penn Stater Saturday morning Mrs. Fac and I are getting into the elevator when a tall man a litter bit older than I am (I'm 60) follows us in. I ask him if he is going to the game. He says yes. I said you are going to get wet. He says that he lucked out and is in a booth. I said sweet (suite). He gets out on 3 and the doors close. I say to my wife that that was odd that he said booth and not suite. As we are walking to our room I said to my wife to google Jack Ham when we get to the room.
We did and that was him. Boy did I feel like an idiot. To be fair to myself I have lived in Louisiana since 1982 and this was only my fourth game since then.
Fast forward. After the game, Mrs Fac and I are at the bar at the Penn Stater enjoying some adult beverages when Jack Ham walks in. He is standing right next to me so I said to him that I was the person in the elevator that morning that didn't recognize him. Long story short, he ends up sitting at the bar with us for over an hour just talking about anything. He asked us questions about our family, New Orleans, etc. He is truly a down to earth person. He even bought us a couple of beers.

Aside note to MMII - we looked for you in the blue RV parking lot but never saw a Genesee flag.

Penn Stater must be the spot. I haven't been in there in a long time but back in the day we used to run into Geo Pa in there every night after a game. Also saw Musberger and Franco in there at different times. Good to hear Jack sat and socialized with you.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
For the old timers here, I thought for sure from the title it would start something like this...."I brought my father to what might be his last game...he was wearing this old red felt cowboy hat...

Some of you may remember from the Michigan game 2 years ago when I shared a hotel shuttle ride with a female member of the BOT. Well I have another story from the Nebraska game (not BOT related).
After breakfast at the Penn Stater Saturday morning Mrs. Fac and I are getting into the elevator when a tall man a litter bit older than I am (I'm 60) follows us in. I ask him if he is going to the game. He says yes. I said you are going to get wet. He says that he lucked out and is in a booth. I said sweet (suite). He gets out on 3 and the doors close. I say to my wife that that was odd that he said booth and not suite. As we are walking to our room I said to my wife to google Jack Ham when we get to the room.
We did and that was him. Boy did I feel like an idiot. To be fair to myself I have lived in Louisiana since 1982 and this was only my fourth game since then.
Fast forward. After the game, Mrs Fac and I are at the bar at the Penn Stater enjoying some adult beverages when Jack Ham walks in. He is standing right next to me so I said to him that I was the person in the elevator that morning that didn't recognize him. Long story short, he ends up sitting at the bar with us for over an hour just talking about anything. He asked us questions about our family, New Orleans, etc. He is truly a down to earth person. He even bought us a couple of beers.

Aside note to MMII - we looked for you in the blue RV parking lot but never saw a Genesee flag.
Great story. Don’t feel like an idiot. It happens.
Try this one on:
In fall of ‘99, a friend who went to UFlorida was blissfully unaware he was talking ‘98 Citrus Bowl with our then-QB (with extremely distinctive size and bright red hair), talked about how Spurrier “called off the dogs out of respect for JoPa”, asked him if he was at the game, and without noticing the looks on all surrounding faces when Mike said “yes,” went on to ask whether he had good seats.
Still SMH...

Love stories like this... oh BTW we were in the Blue RV lot for Rutgers (not Neb, thank god!) ... lotsa Genny cans but no Genny flag... we were on the end down near the Sustainability House / bee keeper stuff... the LawnJarts™ were ready but the pitch was frozen :( We played Kub instead... was hoping to meet some folks from this board so they could see how I resemble George Clooney

Reactions: Nitwit
Love stories like this... oh BTW we were in the Blue RV lot for Rutgers (not Neb, thank god!) ... lotsa Genny cans but no Genny flag... we were on the end down near the Sustainability House / bee keeper stuff... the LawnJarts™ were ready but the pitch was frozen :( We played Kub instead... was hoping to meet some folks from this board so they could see how I resemble George Clooney
Genny cream ale cans?

Or Rosemary Clooney.

clooney-94b833378517905808a9405ad88dff3bcfe05e4b-s40-c85.jpg

you made it difficult for yourself. when looking for mmII in the RV lot, look for lawn darts flying through the air. ;)

lotsa Genny cans but no Genny flag... we were on the end down near the Sustainability House / bee keeper stuff... the LawnJarts™ were ready but the pitch was frozen :( We played Kub instead...

a scene from mM II's tailgate after the genny's start to flow, and the lawn darts, LawnJarts™, whatever, start to fly around:

NQ28TU8.jpg

btw, I thought the game was Kubb, though friends I have who grew up in England call it Sticky Sticks.

Reactions: massimoManca II
ADVERTISEMENT