ADVERTISEMENT

My problem with the Offensive scheme (beside it being offensive)

olelion

Jun 10, 2001
Tarpon Springs Fl
It just reminds me too much of the Mike Leach and clone offenses. It sort of helps overcome being totally outmanned but once you get hit in the mouth, look out. It worked under Morehead because of Barkley and McSorley. While the talent was good it wan't very deep at the time so it made sense to go with it. Looking ahead there are several teams that can hit this offense in the mouth (UM, MSU,OSU, and Iowa). I just think there are better ways to go if you have the talent . From everything I have read PSU has the talent. So, when you run it with talent, you're like Oregon. They do well until they play a team that can hit them in the mouth. I just don't like it.

Get off my lawn.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
It just reminds me too much of the Mike Leach and clone offenses. It sort of helps overcome being totally outmanned but once you get hit in the mouth, look out. It worked under Morehead because of Barkley and McSorley. While the talent was good it wan't very deep at the time so it made sense to go with it. Looking ahead there are several teams that can hit this offense in the mouth (UM, MSU,OSU, and Iowa). I just think there are better ways to go if you have the talent . From everything I have read PSU has the talent. So, when you run it with talent, you're like Oregon. They do well until they play a team that can hit them in the mouth. I just don't like it.

Get off my lawn.

If this offense is so bad, why are so many teams using it? There is nothing wrong with it that some decent OL play wouldn't fix.

I personally hate it. PSU has tons of talent now and can run more effective pro style/ spread type offense.

ADVERTISEMENT