My pro choice wife.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
We differ on abortion , she is strongly pro choice while I’m pretty solidly pro life but would compromise on something like Florida’s law.
I just don’t get wrapped up in abortion too much. However my wife who considers herself very pro choice had certain limits when I asked her where she’d draw the line.
All are legal 12 weeks or first trimester . And necessary type of procedure to save a woman’s life too throughout the pregnancy.
For rape she thought a woman should get the plan B pill when she does the rape kit. If she wants the plan B pill, her choice.
Congratulations honey , you wrote maybe the toughest abortion law in the country. My wife is no idiot and we are past child rearing years so we don’t stress over this but she laughed at the crazies out there going insane over this .

gjbankos

Jan 16, 2006
We differ on abortion , she is strongly pro choice while I’m pretty solidly pro life but would compromise on something like Florida’s law.
I just don’t get wrapped up in abortion too much. However my wife who considers herself very pro choice had certain limits when I asked her where she’d draw the line.
All are legal 12 weeks or first trimester . And necessary type of procedure to save a woman’s life too throughout the pregnancy.
For rape she thought a woman should get the plan B pill when she does the rape kit. If she wants the plan B pill, her choice.
Congratulations honey , you wrote maybe the toughest abortion law in the country. My wife is no idiot and we are past child rearing years so we don’t stress over this but she laughed at the crazies out there going insane over this .
So she's not a big fan of vacuuming the brain out of a child or ripping a child apart limb by limb?

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

Abortion is an old white man thing

I guess we know what demographic you’re in…

Reactions: NJPSU

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

I'm pro choice.

Does not mean I disagree with the Supreme Court's ruling.

I believe that laws need to be clear and not maleable.

Ldan

maypole

May 9, 2022
Your wife is certainly a lot more sensible than you. Though she forgot the incest exception. Retire from the board, replace you with her. But I guess she’s got too much sense to post from 6 am to midnight

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I'm pro choice.

Does not mean I disagree with the Supreme Court's ruling.

I believe that laws need to be clear and not maleable.

Ldan
Yep, I’m amazed at asking a pro choice person for specifics how they write a law stiffer than I would.
First take is most people have no clue wtf they’re talking about. As in they don’t know the law .
Second take is they are easily manipulated.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
I commend you for making a relationship with very different views work. Perhaps many other views are more similar?

Before I met my wife, I had very briefly dated a psychologist that was very physically attractive. About that 3rd date in we were at her place and she turns on one of those liberal comedian shows that delivered their "news". She loved it and proceeded to tell me a bunch of her other far left views.

Then a little later she wanted me to throw her up against the wall and make love to her. I couldn't do it. By this point she disgusted me and I simply couldn't do it.

Now I know what many are thinking, how did you find a liberal woman that wasn't fugly? Well she was pretty hot and most guys probably would have just done her and moved on. But seriously, her views repulsed me and I just couldn't go through with it.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I commend you for making a relationship with very different views work. Perhaps many other views are more similar?

Before I met my wife, I had very briefly dated a psychologist that was very physically attractive. About that 3rd date in we were at her place and she turns on one of those liberal comedian shows that delivered their "news". She loved it and proceeded to tell me a bunch of her other far left views.

Then a little later she wanted me to throw her up against the wall and make love to her. I couldn't do it. By this point she disgusted me and I simply couldn't do it.

Now I know what many are thinking, how did you find a liberal woman that wasn't fugly? Well she was pretty hot and most guys probably would have just done her and moved on. But seriously, her views repulsed me and I just couldn't go through with it.
Funny thing my wife is very conservative and her pro choice views legally would be harsher than the limits I’d accept.
Guns? She likes them. Lower taxes, less regulations, that’s her too. She knows what a woman is, thinks drag shows for kids are heinous, and pussy hat protestors are idiots.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Funny thing my wife is very conservative and her pro choice views legally would be harsher than the limits I’d accept.
Guns? She likes them. Lower taxes, less regulations, that’s her too. She knows what a woman is, thinks drag shows for kids are heinous, and pussy hat protestors are idiots.
Makes sense. It is really difficult to maintain a relationship with someone who is so fundamentally different in their views of what's right and wrong (left).

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Makes sense. It is really difficult to maintain a relationship with someone who is so fundamentally different in their views of what's right and wrong (left).
She was pretty apolitical but I’d say very right wing . And her makes sense to me abortion law would be maybe the toughest in the nation.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Your wife is certainly a lot more sensible than you. Though she forgot the incest exception. Retire from the board, replace you with her. But I guess she’s got too much sense to post from 6 am to midnight
yes, because incest is consensual you dumb ****. But incest does explain your level of stupidity!

Reactions: WeR0206 and JR4PSU

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Yep, I’m amazed at asking a pro choice person for specifics how they write a law stiffer than I would.
First take is most people have no clue wtf they’re talking about. As in they don’t know the law .
Second take is they are easily manipulated.
If you really asked most "pro choice(death)" would say first trimester at the most. Of course they would also tell you they'd never get an abortion. Which means they don't want to rock the boat. Only the leftist believe abortion is a religion!

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Great post. I got a kick out of France stating that they hated the decision only to learn that the USA had more lax abortion laws than france. What it means is that few people understand the decision (RvW isn't a law) and the decision goes back to the states. it is going to force politicians to be accountable on the subject. Why? It isn't a binary decision, as you and your wife know.

I fall into the same category as you: first trimester option without intervention. after that, only in cases of incest, woman's health is of concern, and severe health problems the baby. This opens several loopholes to allow Drs to perform them due to "rape" but they can really just make it up. Who would know the baby was due to a rape encounter at that point?

Ohio has the heartbeat bill, which is basically six weeks. That isn't enough time to know that you are pregnant, in many cases, to get an appointment and to get the procedure done.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Great post. I got a kick out of France stating that they hated the decision only to learn that the USA had more lax abortion laws than france. What it means is that few people understand the decision (RvW isn't a law) and the decision goes back to the states. it is going to force politicians to be accountable on the subject. Why? It isn't a binary decision, as you and your wife know.

I fall into the same category as you: first trimester option without intervention. after that, only in cases of incest, woman's health is of concern, and severe health problems the baby. This opens several loopholes to allow Drs to perform them due to "rape" but they can really just make it up. Who would know the baby was due to a rape encounter at that point?

Ohio has the heartbeat bill, which is basically six weeks. That isn't enough time to know that you are pregnant, in many cases, to get an appointment and to get the procedure done.
I'll further add that the confusion on the nuance of these issues is done on purpose by the politicos and media. They live in the valley of hate. A rational discussion on abortion, guns, and illegal aliens doesn't serve them.

There was a pro-choice woman being grilled on the hill two weeks ago. The senator grandstanded about her view of zero abortions "even in the case or rape, incest or the risk of death to the mother". She smiled and said "if the pro-choice side made those exceptions, would you agree to signing onto that bill?" The politico got mad and asked her to answer the question. That really tells you all you need to know.

junior1

May 29, 2001
we might be married to the same woman....assuming that she is for a strong national defense and thinks that you engage any enemy with overwhelming force!

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Jerry

May 29, 2001

It'd be interesting to know the percentage of marriages where the spouses differ on such issues...or politics in general.

When it comes to abortion, my wife is hard-core. For many years she participated in a prayer vigil outside an abortion mill every Saturday morning. Before that, she was a volunteer at Birthright, a pro-life pregnancy center offering assistance to pregnant women in trouble. She's a warrior.

As a matter of moral principle, I'm against abortion at any stage of pregnancy for any reason except in certain rare instances where the life of the mother is at stake and a necessary medical procedure to save it results in the unintentional destruction of the pregnancy. Though I believe our society would be happier and healthier if my view were predominant (as it once was), I realize I'm now very much in the minority.

Therefore, as a matter of politics and law, I think the Court got it exactly right: let the people decide this issue as they should in a democracy. In fact, I'm against these trigger laws that in some states have automatically instituted drastic abortion restrictions. Rather, I think each side should make its case, and afterward the elected representatives of the people should enact laws reflecting the will of the citizenry as expressed on election day.

That's our system, and conservatives and pro-lifers have always been willing to work within it to change people's minds. But in an alarming change of attitude that we see in evidence everywhere now with the Dem-Mediacrats and Wokeists, the pro-aborts are willing to burn down the system to get their way. These people are anti-American. They are enemies of democracy...and God.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009

Did you regale her with your views on "the Left" causing inflation (and the rest of the world's ills) before going home to masturbate? 🙋‍♂️ 🙋‍♂️

Reactions: maypole

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Did you regale her with your views on "the Left" causing inflation (and the rest of the world's ills) before going home to masturbate? 🙋‍♂️ 🙋‍♂️
This was quite a few years ago. I simply told her that I didn't see things the same and moved on. She can have screwed up relationships with guys that don't care about her. It was maybe a couple of months later that I found the beautiful woman to which I have been happily married. I made the right choices.

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
How does she feel about totally wasteful spending like a mission to Mars? You did say she's very conservative?

My wife by the way agrees with me.

Latest posts