ADVERTISEMENT

My email to former NCAA chairman Ed Ray

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Subject: Richard Strauss

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

On July 23, 2012, you dropped the NCAA's hammer on Penn State University even though they reported outside the university in 1998 and 2001.

Without getting into your decision to allow a self-confessed child molester to star on your Oregon State baseball team, do you realize how bad the optics look with your time at Ohio State coinciding with the decades of sexual abuse by Richard Strauss? It's said that he's molested 1,000-2,000 Buckeyes under your leadership, Dr. Ray. It's also said that he was an open secret at THE Ohio State University. This means you knew -- or should have known -- about a pretty pervasive "culture of deviance" that permanently damaged the lives of over 1,000 student athletes who matriculated to OSU with bright eyes and big dreams. One simple phone call to 911 or the police would have shut down the victim factory in Columbus, OH. But you never made that phone call.

My first question is why? Why didn't you pick up the phone, Dr. Ray? You could have protected thousands of students in Columbus, OH, and prevented Larry Nassar from flying under the radar at Michigan State. But you didn't bother to pick up the phone. Was it to protect the brand at OSU? Was it due to a winning at all costs culture that values winning over basic human decency? We learned from your approach to Penn State that those are the only two motives.

My second question is what are you personally going to do to reconstruct the 1,000-plus souls that were shattered under your watch in Columbus, Ohio? What will you do to prevent Ohio State's toxic culture from contaminating other college campuses? You would be wise to start with Jim Clemente: http://paterno.com/Expert-Reports/Jim-Clemente.aspx#.W0ddactOk0M

My third question is which self-imposed penalties are you prepared to levy upon yourself and THE Ohio State University for conspiring to conceal the biggest pedophile in NCAA history? You knew -- or should have known -- and did nothing except grandstand on your podium about the culture at Penn State which did far more to protect its student athletes than anyone at THE Ohio State University.

Many of us are expecting a big, flashy press conference where you do the right thing and take full accountability for your failures. At minimum, you will obviously resign immediately. And you will also plead guilty to all charges in the inevitable trials and accept your sentence in jail. You will also use this opportunity to make an example of THE Ohio State University to make it known that there is no place for sexual abuse in NCAA athletics. You will take these measures unless, of course, you don't care about the thousands of victims molested under your approving watch.

As you craft your answers, Dr. Ray, I will pray for the thousands of Buckeyes who were sexually victimized in the "culture of deviance" that you fostered at THE Ohio State University. I will also pray for God to have mercy on your hypocritical soul.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL

Last edited:
Dear Ed.,

This guy
joe-paterno.jpg
has been dead for 6 years, and he is still more ethical than you are now.

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

On July 23, 2012, you dropped the NCAA's hammer on Penn State University even though they reported outside the university in 1998 and 2001.

Without getting into your decision to allow a self-confessed child molester to star on your Oregon State baseball team, do you realize how bad the optics look with your time at Ohio State coinciding with the decades of sexual abuse by Richard Strauss? It's said that he's molested 1,000-2,000 Buckeyes under your leadership, Dr. Ray. It's also said that he was an open secret at THE Ohio State University. This means you knew -- or should have known -- about a pretty pervasive "culture of deviance" that permanently damaged the lives of over 1,000 student athletes who matriculated to OSU with bright eyes and big dreams. One simple phone call to 911 or the police would have shut down the victim factory in Columbus, OH. But you never made that phone call.

My first question is why? Why didn't you pick up the phone, Dr. Ray? You could have protected thousands of students in Columbus, OH, and prevented Larry Nassar from flying under the radar at Michigan State. But you didn't bother to pick up the phone. Was it to protect the brand at OSU? Was it due to a winning at all costs culture that values winning over basic human decency? We learned from your approach to Penn State that those are the only two motives.

My second question is what are you personally going to do to reconstruct the 1,000-plus souls that were shattered under your watch in Columbus, Ohio? What will you do to prevent Ohio State's toxic culture from contaminating other college campuses? You would be wise to start with Jim Clemente: http://paterno.com/Expert-Reports/Jim-Clemente.aspx#.W0ddactOk0M

My third question is which self-imposed penalties are you prepared to levy upon yourself and THE Ohio State University for conspiring to conceal the biggest pedophile in NCAA history? You knew -- or should have known -- and did nothing except grandstand on your podium about the culture at Penn State which did far more to protect its student athletes than anyone at THE Ohio State University.

Many of us are expecting a big, flashy press conference where you do the right thing and take full accountability for your failures. At minimum, you will obviously resign immediately. And you will also plead guilty to all charges in the inevitable trials and accept your sentence in jail. You will also use this opportunity to make an example of THE Ohio State University to make it known that there is no place for sexual abuse in NCAA athletics. You will take these measures unless, of course, you don't care about the thousands of victims molested under your approving watch.

As you craft your answers, Dr. Ray, I will pray for the thousands of Buckeyes who were sexually victimized in the "culture of deviance" that you fostered at THE Ohio State University. I will also pray for God to have mercy on your hypocritical soul.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL
I am sure he is on vacation and won't read it

That's too good to not send as an OPED to the surrounding newspapers......Go State

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL
tenor.gif

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL
For years, you were the undisputed MVP of this struggle. Lately you are facing a strong challenge from @wensilver. At the moment, you are neck and neck, too close to call.

Way to keep up the fight!

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL
Chi...........you are too kind to Dr. Ray. Should he answer, no doubt dementia will be mentioned in his response should he be able to utter a few syllables for his aide to transcribe. His hateful remarks about how every PSU person didn't start each sentence expressing our deep regret for the trauma the children suffered at the hands of JS rings so hollow now. He is just another college administrator (like Emmert) that stinks of hubris and loves to deflect from his own massive pile of ..........mischief. Here is betting he is going to.......................

Philadelphia Inquirer

That's too good to not send as an OPED to the surrounding newspapers......Go State

New York Times and Washington Post

Send a copy to our upstanding conference commissioner also.

As I've said before, Ed Ray is one of the biggest pieces of garbage on the planet. No form of torture is too cruel for this guy.

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL
Love the polite salutation

200.gif

I liked it if I ignored "Without getting into your decision to allow a self-confessed child molester to star on your Oregon State baseball team"....there's something more to that story IMO and he absolutely doesn't admit he did anything wrong--people take pleas all the time to avoid potential harsher punishment--doesn't mean he's actually guilty.

Again, aside from that I thought it was really good

If he responds it means he read your email but I don't think reading is a priority for Ray. That would be out of character for him since he admitted he DID NOT read the Freeh piece prior to agreeing to ridiculous PSU sanctions.

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL
Can we get a thousand likes on the lead post on this thread? Everybody that reads this needs to go to the and hit the like.
I love karma! Screw Ed and the MSU witch!

My goodness, Dr. Ray.

Good day to you, sir.

CTL
Preach.

This letter to Ed Ray pretty much nudges ChiTown to top spot... epic !
Whoa there Cowboy! WenSilv has been unwavering in her pursuit of the truth. There should be no “rankings” when it comes to the dedicated PSU’ers who have been seeking the truth.

There are many and we should all be thankful for their dedicated efforts.

Last edited:
I’d certainly be willing to chip in some $$$ in order to put this letter on a beautiful, well-located BILLBOARD! Or several billboards!

AND

To be fair, would love to have an appropriate message sent to our BOT, also via the convenient BILLBOARD method!

I’d certainly be willing to chip in some $$$ in order to put this letter on a beautiful, well-located BILLBOARD! Or several billboards!

AND

To be fair, would love to have an appropriate message sent to our BOT, also via the convenient BILLBOARD method!

Billboards are available on 322 heading west from Harrisburg to State College.

Just sayin.

Reactions: Bob78
Can we get a thousand likes on the lead post on this thread? Everybody that reads this needs to go to the and hit the like.
I love karma! Screw Ed and the MSU witch!
Interested to see if any one at Oregon State ever notices.....

AND

Or maybe an airplane banner at a football game? :)

Reactions: BBrown
The worst thing that came out of the whole Sandusky mess is what it has done to us. What a bunch of bitter, whiney, aholes we have become.

Reactions: odshowtime
The worst thing that came out of the whole Sandusky mess is what it has done to us. What a bunch of bitter, whiney, aholes we have become.

It is exposing all the pretenders who have for years been throwing out "due process" as magic words but don't give s hoot about "due process" when it's done other school.

There's an equal number of victim bashers who swore up & down that Aaron Fisher and AM weren't credible because they were mid teens & could have easily fought Jerry off. Now they all believe 100% that adult male wrestlers could be victimized by "gawkers.'

The hypocrisy is deep here.

It is exposing all the pretenders who have for years been throwing out "due process" as magic words but don't give s hoot about "due process" when it's done other school.

There's an equal number of victim bashers who swore up & down that Aaron Fisher and AM weren't credible because they were mid teens & could have easily fought Jerry off. Now they all believe 100% that adult male wrestlers could be victimized by "gawkers.'

The hypocrisy is deep here.

Our anger is still misplaced. The obvious difference between our situation and everyone else is how our BOT handled things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT