My daughter went to her college 1.5 day orientation Monday and Tuesday

junior1

May 29, 2001
I told her that those kids are her competition. The school will want an average of a 2.7 GPA. So it isn't if you earn, it is how much you earn relative to the other kids. As long as they get wrapped around the axel worrying about the marginalized "pluses", we are in good shape. Colleges warp reality. Competition and achievement are the paths forward. Once Biden completes the task of ruining our economy, competition will again be the norm. it will come down to the level of survival. When gas is $10 and a bad of potatoes is five times what is was a few months ago, people are going to no longer be worried about the pluses. Do you disagree?
I don't know, bear paoli, jasen1743, Miller and a few others seem to hang their hats on all this nonsense

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
My friends. Academia has crossed over from inclusion to exclusion. They have become what they despise.
No they haven’t, they’ve become what they’ve wanted forever. You’re assuming good intentions and misguided people.
I assume they wanted power and control.

Reactions: Ski

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Every post I have seen from him shows him to be a good man. Good men don't buy or use slaves.
Excellent, I may have misjudged him. It’s good to know he’s a reputable man 👨. If you or him have some buddies, let them know they’re welcome 🤗 here. Sometimes it gets boring. I don’t know where they went.

Reactions: Catch50

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Excellent, I may have misjudged him. It’s good to know he’s a reputable man 👨. If you or him have some buddies, let them know they’re welcome 🤗 here. Sometimes it gets boring. I don’t know where they went.
I am back after 367 days.

catch50 in '24

He's tan, rested and ready.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I sat through the first half day and didn't attend another event. In three hours, the term "grades" was used once. Career was never used, that I can recall. Pronouns? I think every speaker announced their pronouns and did again and again as they spoke. I put buttons on my shirt that said "ask me my pronouns". Only one person did and I responded "I, Me, & Mine". My wife jabbed me and nobody ever asked me again.

Does anyone really know what pronouns to use and when? I actually looked it up. It is clear as mud. The only thing I came away with is that you cannot use "he" or "her" on campus unless the person explicitly states that you can do so. I am not kidding.

I had a conversation with a professor stating that I feel really bad for the new marginalized people. She asked who that was. I said "Well, I get the LGBT. I also get adding the Q. Finally, they added IA. So we now have LBGTQIA. Cool. The problem is that LGBTQIA wasn't inclusive enough. However, it is clear they couldn't just keep adding more letters. So they simply added the "+" to include all others. This effectively marginalizes those who identify as "+". I told the professor that I refuse to marginalize the pluses and that they deserved their own level of sensitivity and awareness". That got another jab from my wife but she later told me that my comment was "creative". I am pretty sure I am banned from campus now.

Wow, missed this story when it was posted. I'd ask what university, but based on what I've been hearing and reading, it could be any one of 90% of the schools in the land now. The primary mission has become indoctrination. Education is second.

The root of the problem is the corruption and defection of the elites. The masses typically follow. After decades of cultural conditioning that everyone can have their own "truth," most people now find that a very convenient principle to live by. The result is moral disarmament. If you can have your own truth, then why can't you have your own pronouns?

There's a line in Orwell's 1984 that seems applicable: "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." Don't look now, but the Party now controls the major societal institutions plus the bureaucracies, the corporations, the media. In the face of this, a Republican takeover of the House in November is in no way a game-changer.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Wow, missed this story when it was posted. I'd ask what university, but based on what I've been hearing and reading, it could be any one of 90% of the schools in the land now. The primary mission has become indoctrination. Education is second.

The root of the problem is the corruption and defection of the elites. The masses typically follow. After decades of cultural conditioning that everyone can have their own "truth," most people now find that a very convenient principle to live by. The result is moral disarmament. If you can have your own truth, then why can't you have your own pronouns?

There's a line in Orwell's 1984 that seems applicable: "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." Don't look now, but the Party now controls the major societal institutions plus the bureaucracies, the corporations, the media. In the face of this, a Republican takeover of the House in November is in no way a game-changer.
I am hopeful that it isn’t that nefarious. This was orientation where they try to minimize drop outs. So they are targeting fringe groups that have high drop out rates. I just think they’ve taken things too far. They’ve lost sight of the overall goals. They are making ‘normal kids’ (the majority) the minority. There is a loss of standards.

Reactions: bison13

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
I am hopeful that it isn’t that nefarious. This was orientation where they try to minimize drop outs. So they are targeting fringe groups that have high drop out rates. I just think they’ve taken things too far. They’ve lost sight of the overall goals. They are making ‘normal kids’ (the majority) the minority. There is a loss of standards.
Normal?

OK. here's the thing, LGBTQ IS the new normal, and you better learn to accept it, because there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it.

Hope your head doesn't explode.

• Haha
Reactions: bison13

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I sat through the first half day and didn't attend another event. In three hours, the term "grades" was used once. Career was never used, that I can recall. Pronouns? I think every speaker announced their pronouns and did again and again as they spoke. I put buttons on my shirt that said "ask me my pronouns". Only one person did and I responded "I, Me, & Mine". My wife jabbed me and nobody ever asked me again.

Does anyone really know what pronouns to use and when? I actually looked it up. It is clear as mud. The only thing I came away with is that you cannot use "he" or "her" on campus unless the person explicitly states that you can do so. I am not kidding.

I had a conversation with a professor stating that I feel really bad for the new marginalized people. She asked who that was. I said "Well, I get the LGBT. I also get adding the Q. Finally, they added IA. So we now have LBGTQIA. Cool. The problem is that LGBTQIA wasn't inclusive enough. However, it is clear they couldn't just keep adding more letters. So they simply added the "+" to include all others. This effectively marginalizes those who identify as "+". I told the professor that I refuse to marginalize the pluses and that they deserved their own level of sensitivity and awareness". That got another jab from my wife but she later told me that my comment was "creative". I am pretty sure I am banned from campus now.
The politically correct crap that's going on in our schools is tragic. China is teaching kids math, science, physics, biology, programming, engineering, etc. Of course we still have those things but half the curriculum is focused on things like not measuring performance and normalizing things like genderfluidity.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Normal?

OK. here's the thing, LGBTQ IS the new normal, and you better learn to accept it, because there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it.

It's not normal for a person to change their sex, especially those who do it routinely. No surprise that you wouldn't understand that.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
It's not normal for a person to change their sex, especially those who do it routinely. No surprise that you wouldn't understand that.
Best to not opine on subjects of which you have no understanding. You really have no clue.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Normal?

No one should accept adults grooming kids to try to convince them it's cool not to be their born gender. That they'll be more socially accepted if they act out some different made up gender.

Then they end up with years of mental health problems yet no one wants to point to the elephant in the room

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
No one should accept adults grooming kids to try to convince them it's cool not to be their born gender. That they'll be more socially accepted if they act out some different made up gender.

Then they end up with years of mental health problems yet no one wants to point to the elephant in the room
Yet another Republi-cant who has no clue. Educate yourself, or continue to look foolish.