ADVERTISEMENT

My daughter is getting married today

Delco Lion

Feb 16, 2017
Chadds Ford, PA
Just thought I would share. So excited and proud. She has always played by the rules and never caused me issues. Well, maybe a headache or two. Britt overcame the loss of her mother while in college but still graduated from PSU and has grown into a wonderful woman, daughter, and now wife. Planned the wedding all by herself. No young woman should have to do that without her mother. If you are in the Paoli area, stop into the Anthony Wayne House for a drink on me!

Just thought I would share. So excited and proud. She has always played by the rules and never caused me issues. Well, maybe a headache or two. Britt overcame the loss of her mother while in college but still graduated from PSU and has grown into a wonderful woman, daughter, and now wife. Planned the wedding all by herself. No young woman should have to do that without her mother. If you are in the Paoli area, stop into the Anthony Wayne House for a drink on me!

Planned her own wedding!? Holy sh*t. Tougher than Marine Corps basic. Congratulations and best wishes to the bride!

Fantastic, she must be a wonderful person as I'm sure you and your wife set the foundation. I know how hard planning a wedding can be as we are currently in the process.
Wedding is in November.

Congratulations and enjoy the day with your daughter and SIL!

Planned her own wedding!? Holy sh*t. Tougher than Marine Corps basic. Congratulations and best wishes to the bride!
Our daughter planned her whole wedding (she lives eight hours away) BUT, she married a Marine!

Delco, congratulations, have a wonderful and day and look forward to many pleasant opportunities to see your daughters family grow.

Congratulations on the wedding and for having a marvelous daughter, DL!

If you are in the Paoli area, stop into the Anthony Wayne House for a drink on me!
Congratulations to you and your daughter. I hope you don't mind, but I forwarded your invitation to these guys.
8fd45c3d3bfb7285b03ef5582a7d4915dc0cd930.jpg

Fantastic news!

Reactions: fairgambit
Wish I still lived in the area.Congrats sounds like she’s a great girl.Mom will be watching proudly

Congrats Delco!

Congratulations on raising a fine daughter. May their lives be filled with love, laughter, and happiness.

Congrats Delco. Big moment for both of you.

Hopefully no one on this board takes you up on that drink offer ... LOL. This day is about your daughter.

Delco: First, congratulations to you and your daughter on her marriage.

Second, is the Anthony Wayne House another name for the Anthony Wayne Inn in Narberth? I have had MANY a drink in the bar at the Anthony Wayne Inn, and closed that bar down for the night quite a few times. As I recall, they had some reports of ghost sightings there. Not sure if it was Mad Dog Anthony Wayne himself or some other person's ghost, though.

Delco: First, congratulations to you and your daughter on her marriage.

Second, is the Anthony Wayne House another name for the Anthony Wayne Inn in Narberth? I have had MANY a drink in the bar at the Anthony Wayne Inn, and closed that bar down for the night quite a few times. As I recall, they had some reports of ghost sightings there. Not sure if it was Mad Dog Anthony Wayne himself or some other person's ghost, though.

Thanks for the info RedBanker. Obviously two different places. Anthony Wayne House looks like a great venue for a wedding. Love that tent they set up for receptions.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the well wishes and congrats. It was a wonderful day and there were zero issues or hiccups. I strongly recommend the Anthony Wayne House and Jeffrey Miller caterers.

ADVERTISEMENT