ADVERTISEMENT

My dad is getting a pace maker

PSUPride1

Apr 24, 2003
He has what's called Heart block where the electrical impulses of his heart are off. He was an avid outdoorsman so they thought this was caused by Lyme disease but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Has anyone had a Pace maker. I'm hoping this improves his life relative to energy, etc as he has been getting tired very easily lately. Anyway, appreciate any insight you good folks can provide.

A relatively young guy I play basketball with, mid thirties, had one put in and he is back to playing basketball no problem. I have seen the procedure multiple times, the patient in those isn't even put to sleep, curtain is placed between head and heart for the procedure.

A relatively young guy I play basketball with, mid thirties, had one put in and he is back to playing basketball no problem. I have seen the procedure multiple times, the patient in those isn't even put to sleep, curtain is placed between head and heart for the procedure.
He won't be playing basketball but God willing he'll feel better to walk and be more active.

Reactions: NedFromYork
He has what's called Heart block where the electrical impulses of his heart are off. He was an avid outdoorsman so they thought this was caused by Lyme disease but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Has anyone had a Pace maker. I'm hoping this improves his life relative to energy, etc as he has been getting tired very easily lately. Anyway, appreciate any insight you good folks can provide.
If he has no other major cardiac issues ( high grade CHF/ low ejection fraction/bad valve problems) it will likely help him greatly. The pacemaker will generally increase his cardiac output, but most importantly, help correct an electrical problem that could be deadly if left untreated

Reactions: PSUPride1
If he has no other major cardiac issues ( high grade CHF/ low ejection fraction/bad valve problems) it will likely help him greatly. The pacemaker will generally increase his cardiac output, but most importantly, help correct an electrical problem that could be deadly if left untreated
Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT