Musk calls for more drilling and exploration of fossil fuels

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Electric vehicle pioneer Elon Musk called for more drilling and exploration of fossil fuel resources in the immediate future on Monday, warning that humanity could be in trouble if the transition to lower-carbon energy sources is rushed.

Realistically, I think we need to use oil and gas in the short term, because otherwise civilization will crumble," the Tesla CEO told reporters at a conference in Stavanger, Norway.

"One of the biggest challenges the world has ever faced is the transition to sustainable energy and to a sustainable economy," he continued. "That will take some decades to complete."

• Love
Reactions: brupsu and Ski

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Electric vehicle pioneer Elon Musk called for more drilling and exploration of fossil fuel resources in the immediate future on Monday, warning that humanity could be in trouble if the transition to lower-carbon energy sources is rushed.

Realistically, I think we need to use oil and gas in the short term, because otherwise civilization will crumble," the Tesla CEO told reporters at a conference in Stavanger, Norway.

"One of the biggest challenges the world has ever faced is the transition to sustainable energy and to a sustainable economy," he continued. "That will take some decades to complete."
The Musker can do all the drilling he wants with his money. As they say - put your money where your mouth is.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I read a huge article the other day in WaPo. it was pretty good noting massive reductions in CO2 due to nat gas. but if we need to get lower, natgas isn't the answer. the problem is the northern climates where solar, wind and geo are not viable. I thought, for the most part, pretty good article. I finished the article thinking "when is enough, enough?" Second article on energy sources by state