ADVERTISEMENT

Music that makes you think of PSU

psulion11

Jul 25, 2014
Need a new playlist for the gym and since I'm itching for some Psu football thought id make a playlist with any songs that remind me of game day.. Warm up music, turnover, touchdown, etc. anything that puts you in Beaver Stadium when you hear it

A few that come to mind for me. Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation. Power - Kanye. Seven Nation Army - White Stripes. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin. Lift Off - Jay Z

Reactions: john4psu
When I was at PSU 1978-80. Neil Young "Like a Hurricane" , Southdide Johnny, Stones, Al Stewart, Springsteen The River album , Zepelin (In thru the out door"), and unfortunately a lot of Disco hits like "Heaven Knows"

Interesting topic you brought up.

Don't eat the yellow snow by Frank Zappa on Apostrophe.

Or hey, Gin and Juice by Snoop. Party on dude.

In addition to what's been mentioned above, Don't Stop Believin - Journey (white pom-poms in unison in the student section). Bon Jovi - Livin on a Prayer.

Optimistic Thought - Blues Traveler
Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root
I Still Do - the Cranberries
Night Swimming - REM
Numb - U2
Round Here - Counting Crows
Alive - Pearl Jam
All Apologies - Nirvana

"Seven Nation Army"

Agreed. While PSU wasn't the first to do this, they were the first in the US. I was at the one OSU game a few years back and they were beating us pretty easily. The OSU students were doing this, and I thought it was to mock us. Turns out they just stole it from us, and I'm not sure they even realize it.

There are a few old Jay Z songs that I hear and think of the team from the Derrick Williams/Justin King era when they used to flash the Roc a Fella hand sign on the field.

Reactions: 70Sixers
I find it much more relaxing to smoke a joint to it than work out to it.

haha... FWIW "American Pie" was among a handful of cliche, hopelessly overplayed jukebox selections that, invariably, brought out the worst in annoying tavern-amateurs... (eg: Piano Man, Paradise by the Dashboard Light) ...

haha... FWIW "American Pie" was among a handful of cliche, hopelessly overplayed jukebox selections that, invariably, brought out the worst in annoying tavern-amateurs... (eg: Piano Man, Paradise by the Dashboard Light) ...
What do you have against cliched, annoying tavern amateurs? We are people too.

Reactions: Zenophile
Need a new playlist for the gym and since I'm itching for some Psu football thought id make a playlist with any songs that remind me of game day.. Warm up music, turnover, touchdown, etc. anything that puts you in Beaver Stadium when you hear it

A few that come to mind for me. Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation. Power - Kanye. Seven Nation Army - White Stripes. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin. Lift Off - Jay Z
I was class of 1989, so for me, nothing says PSU like Welcome to the Jungle.

Relax ...by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Not because it was a great song but because some band played it nonstop at the Scorpion!

Hey it was the 80's.

What do you have against cliched, annoying tavern amateurs? We are people too.

anyone bold enough to sport a 'Hoff avatar earns an exemption! In all fairness, a fellow PSU classmate who I found particularly annoying would always take the opportunity to croon to those songs as if he were Tom Cruise's " Maverick" in Top Gun... unlike Maverick he'd, invariably, get shot-down ... forever stained those tunes as far as I'm converned

Reactions: RobBliz
The Who - Pinball Wizard ...When I was young enough that I didn't even know who The Who were, this song to me was just a song the blue band played during games.

Gladiator theme song - fantastic pump up video, mixing the old with the new (at the time), great script on screen, etc. The song is great regardless, but when i hear it now I immediately see Jimmy Kennedy, Michael Haynes and someone else smashing some OSU QB back and forth.

Carry On Wayward Son - Split Decision version from the Skeller in the late 80's and Wild World - Chris Mincer version from Friday happy hour a the Skeller

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT