ADVERTISEMENT

MSU Spartans

I'll be interested to see how PSU responds next week.

The coaching staff needs to really step it up over the bye week. A stupid play call like that (a la not giving it to Marshawn Lynch on the goal line in the Super Bowl) has the potential to make the wheels come off. Hopefully it's not the case for PSU, but we'll see. PSU is far better than any remaining team on the schedule.

Watching MSU makes me wonder when Delany/Emmert will step in and use the B1G/NCAA moral authority to impose sanctions and fines on the Spartan athletics department.
So you advocate the theory that the NCAA only hits programs that aren't premier so that they don't impact major bowls / championships?

MSU receivers could be a difficult match-up against PSU's DB's unless we continue to get pressure on Lewerke.

Felton, just like last year will be a problem but he's about it.
It will be interesting to see our offense against their defense. If we can get
any kind of running game we should be good.

MSU seems to be running some reverses and trick plays which could catch us into giving up a big gain or two, but overall their offense seems very mediocre with lots of short lateral types of passes. It’s not designed to score a lot of points but to maintain ball control.

MSU seems to be running some reverses and trick plays which could catch us into giving up a big gain or two, but overall their offense seems very mediocre with lots of short lateral types of passes. It’s not designed to score a lot of points but to maintain ball control.

They have done nothing outside of all those trick plays.
Their OL is really bad and now they lost another player from it.
Outside of Felton I really don't see much from them and their secondary is horrible.

Reactions: JJTopp99
MSU sucks. Lewerke looked average at best. That said MSU seems to always give us a game. NU dbs were all over MSUs WRs. We should beat them by 20 pts.

For the Glory!

The coaching staff needs to really step it up over the bye week. A stupid play call like that (a la not giving it to Marshawn Lynch on the goal line in the Super Bowl) has the potential to make the wheels come off. Hopefully it's not the case for PSU, but we'll see. PSU is far better than any remaining team on the schedule.
MSU is going to be skewered next Saturday.

Reactions: 91Joe95
With Simmons back in the rotation, we should be able to get to Lewerke often. Their DT's are stout, and could provide us a challenge in the running game. If all of our WR's, not withstanding KJ, perform up to their ability, we will have a field day against their DB's.

Reactions: BBrown
I guess I should want MSU to win, but I don't. I can't stand that bush league team. It's silly to feel that way. I just do. NU might just choke this one away anyway. Good. Looks like NU will win.

Glad they lost. We all hate them and their coach. Goes back to 2009 or 2010 when he made us freeze calling time outs when we were blowing them out. Has done nothing since to be more likeable

I don't often feel this way but if an opportunity presents itself next week. RUN IT UP. Floor it and do not use the brake pedal, never. When we are up by four scores, onside kick, score and go for two.

Coach Smiley offends me by his presence on the field. I was there for the freeze out timeouts he pulled. His scowls frowns, and demeanor are disgusting. Run it up and run him out of the stadium on a rail. Show him our offensive hospitality.

I don't often feel this way but if an opportunity presents itself next week. RUN IT UP. Floor it and do not use the brake pedal, never. When we are up by four scores, onside kick, score and go for two.

Coach Smiley offends me by his presence on the field. I was there for the freeze out timeouts he pulled. His scowls frowns, and demeanor are disgusting. Run it up and run him out of the stadium on a rail. Show him our offensive hospitality.
Hope we just win.

You know, us old guys remember when MSU did exactly that to us, ‘66 IIRC, to improve their position in the polls. Beat Joe 42-8 and did the onside late in the game.

lol, far better, simply delusional

I didn't watch the game, but I have a feeling that Dantonio will hang up his spikes after this season. In the near future, it will be rough playing PSU, OSU, SCUM, and others outside the East Div. .....near future! Now
Mr. Warmth is 62 now and has had a heart attack. I always thought you had to have a heart in order to have a heart attack, but that's beside the point. He's making $4.3 MM/yr, so twice a month it's like a trip to Lourdes.

I think we're going to have to put up with him for a while yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT