ADVERTISEMENT

MSU settles with Larry Nassar's 332 victims for $425 million

Looks like MSU has a better lawyer than PSU. Each plaintiff will get less that 1M. It will be 1.28 million minus lawyer's fee (around 30%) = about 899,000.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Article touches on the financials about halfway through.

@Shendojoe started the thread but this headline needs the right subject line. Feel free to merge.

Last edited:
Actually, it is more or less in line (just a bit high) with every other situation of this ilk ...... Catholic Church issues, etc.

It only looks “small” when compared to the one egregious outlier......... the PSU BOT

I bet MSU's insurance also covers quite a good portion of it too.

I will never forget the SMFH feeling as the 2012 elected TTEEs tried to tell me I was wrong - and that I needed to trust them that the secret settlement process “was going to be so much better” and less expensive.

Then - and now - one has to wonder if they could possibly be that stupid...... or if they had ulterior motivations.

My sinking moment was right after Freeh released his fact filled report and insurance immediately came out and said it had no basis.

Correct me if I am wrong because work is blocking some links, but this isn't an actual settlement with any victims, just a block of money set aside to cover claims?

THe $425 million is the settlement for the 332 claimants.

I congratulate the PSU BOT for apparently not participating in the settlement agreement announced earlier today.

I honestly thought with the way they treat money they’d throw in maybe fifty million dollars (+/-) just for the hell of it.

MSU had a Groupon obviously.

Maybe all PSU had to do was enter the promotional code into the box on Shubin's website.

Last edited:
MSU had a Groupon obviously.

Maybe all PSU had to do was enter the promotional code into the box on Shubin's website.

29354642_10156348596294283_2860302680404914307_o.jpg
Really is this stuff any better than showing up for games wearing orange Sandusky prison garb? There isn’t any humor in this sort of abuse. And of all fanbases, PSU fans should know better.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Really is this stuff any better than showing up for games wearing orange Sandusky prison garb? There isn’t any humor in this sort of abuse. And of all fanbases, PSU fans should know better.
Their fans/administration actually deserve it. But because I never liked the image and I do consider it tasteless, I removed it from the post.

I congratulate the PSU BOT for apparently not participating in the settlement agreement announced earlier today.

I honestly thought with the way they treat money they’d throw in maybe fifty million dollars (+/-) just for the hell of it.
However, Rod Ericksen and Karen Peetz are planning to appear at MSU to apologize.

P.S. Will Delaney take MSU's bowl money. Will Emmert threaten MSU with the death penalty?
Ha!
Bowl money in a gymnastics-related scandal...

Death penalty for gymnastics...

Makes about as much sense as other moves by these bozos.

You need to consider the source of that post. He doesn’t think sexual abuse is real unless it happened elsewhere.

Yeah, but f*ck michigan state.

Jim Delany: "The Big Ten does not have a moral obligation to enter into this case. It does not involve an iconic football coach and there is not much press to garner going overboard on a women's gymnastics trainer."

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT