ADVERTISEMENT

MSU has a $95 coach

Marylovesthelions

Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
Any thoughts? IMHO the university president, AD and entire board of trustees should be fired.
In his press conference today he shows very little enthusiasm for the job.

Reactions: 94LionsFan
Any thoughts? IMHO the university president, AD and entire board of trustees should be fired.
The head football coach didn't show enthusiasm in a press conference so you think the university president, AD and entire board of trustees should be fired?

• Love
Reactions: JimNazium and NJPSU
The head football coach didn't show enthusiasm in a press conference so you think the university president, AD and entire board of trustees should be fired?
1st, they should've been fired whether he wins or loses that's a ridiculous amount to pay anybody. 2nd they didn't show very much against Minnesota & they didn't even look like a top 2 or 2 in a big 10. 3. When good year does not equal 95 million dollar contract.. Very very very poor judgment adjustment on the University leadership. It's time for 1 or 2 adults to show up in the leadership of big 10 universities and universities in general.. I don't dislike the guy but personally I hope he loses 7-8 games this year.

Reactions: Jerry
It was a bad loss for Sparty but be careful what you say, we haven't played a team anywhere near as good as Minnesota. CMU is easily the best team we have played to date.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
1st, they should've been fired whether he wins or loses that's a ridiculous amount to pay anybody. 2nd they didn't show very much against Minnesota & they didn't even look like a top 2 or 2 in a big 10. 3. When good year does not equal 95 million dollar contract.. Very very very poor judgment adjustment on the University leadership. It's time for 1 or 2 adults to show up in the leadership of big 10 universities and universities in general.. I don't dislike the guy but personally I hope he loses 7-8 games this year.
We are in the same boat with Franklin so be careful what you say.

First, that contract is the going rate for upper echelon coaches and now, in fact, is not close to the most recent contracts signed by the top coaches. Second, booster money is behind some of that contract and you have no idea what the school's contribution level is. Third, he could have likely had an SEC job if he wanted it about the time his contract was signed. Fourth, he has instituted a program that takes advantage of the portal situation and has done well in that regard. Programs can be rewarded for sticking with coaches when it comes to recruiting, continued donor support, and on the field success. (See Harbaugh, Jim.) In summary, give the man a chance instead of advocating that the school cut and run at the first sign of some adversity.

Reactions: JimNazium
First, that contract is the going rate for upper echelon coaches and now, in fact, is not close to the most recent contracts signed by the top coaches. Second, booster money is behind some of that contract and you have no idea what the school's contribution level is. Third, he could have likely had an SEC job if he wanted it about the time his contract was signed. Fourth, he has instituted a program that takes advantage of the portal situation and has done well in that regard. Programs can be rewarded for sticking with coaches when it comes to recruiting, continued donor support, and on the field success. (See Harbaugh, Jim.) In summary, give the man a chance instead of advocating that the school cut and run at the first sign of some adversity.
LMAOROFL

Relax. The coaches salary is almost entirely paid by two boosters. If 2 people who have more money than God wanna burn it......why stand in their way?

Reactions: IANit
For all the complaining about CJF....he's 13th on the money parade and gets 2.5 million per year less than Mel Tucker.

Relax. The coaches salary is almost entirely paid by two boosters. If 2 people who have more money than God wanna burn it......why stand in their way?
I think it's early to say Tucker was a bad hire regardless of how he's looked this season. He had a pretty good season last year. Granted, a lot of that was due to a great running back pick-up from the transfer portal.

But if it is a bad hire it seems like 2 boosters with more money than sense may have screwed up MSU football for 10 years. As a fan that would suck.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Franklin at least had a track record - winning at Vanderbilt and having 3 11 win seasons and Top 10 finishes here. Tucker had very little track record as a head coach to justify so much money being spent.
90% agree. Given the talent he inherited at Vanderbilt (every key player) beating the teams he should beat (all but one in three seasons) and not beating the teams he shouldn't is not impressive in my book and there are a lot of caveats in his best seasons in State College. Two of them were fueled by O'Brien's Lions (and a few Paterno holdovers). The era was driven by Joe Moorhead who was only hired after Sandy made Franklin fire John Donovan. This is a big distinction. In my book, 2019 is the tell. That was his best season with his players and his staff. They also played the toughest schedule a Franklin coached team has ever played so kudos. Bottom line, Franklin's track record is mixed. End of story.

90% agree. Given the talent he inherited at Vanderbilt (every key player) beating the teams he should beat (all but one in three seasons) and not beating the teams he shouldn't is not impressive in my book and there are a lot of caveats in his best seasons in State College. Two of them were fueled by O'Brien's Lions (and a few Paterno holdovers). The era was driven by Joe Moorhead who was only hired after Sandy made Franklin fire John Donovan. This is a big distinction. In my book, 2019 is the tell. That was his best season with his players and his staff. They also played the toughest schedule a Franklin coached team has ever played so kudos. Bottom line, Franklin's track record is mixed. End of story.
Sandy did no such thing......and bullshit on Moorhead.....he hasn't won anything after leaving PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT