ADVERTISEMENT

Ms. BWI/McAndrew Bracket Poll Updates and General Discussion...10/19/2021.

Update for 3/2/21...

Most recent second round matches have finished; results were....

Nicole Sherzinger over Eva Mendes....
Denise Richards over Ingrid Bergman....

Update poll results below:

Ms. BWI Bracket

Next second round matches incoming...

I haven’t started it; was debating if Bergman should be gently removed from the tournament since it’s really hard finding good pictures of her. I can move forward with her, but the pics are all black and white and usually from movies.
A win-win, Midnighter. You can do everyone a favor and gently remove Ingrid (put her on "Emeritus" or "HoF" status) while putting someone like Halle Berry or Claudia Schiffer back in the mix here.

Update for 3/5/21...

Most recent second round match polls have closed; updated bracket below:

HERE.

Moving on were...

Jennifer Lawrence over Heather Thomas...
Brigitte Bardot over Samantha Hoopes...

So, that ends the first two rounds of the 'first half' of my planned 128 person Ms. BWI Poll. What to do next? I have inputted a bunch of names into the next 32 person bracket (some my own, others pulled from recommendations in this thread) and with some fine tuning it is ready to go (I think). So, would folks rather get to round three of the current 64 person poll, or get to round one of the next bracket (which includes more contemporary women for sure)? And if you have any last minute requests, list them here - I have a few in the next bracket I might move if a better recommendation comes along.

Update for 3/5/21...

HERE.

Moving on were...

So, that ends the first two rounds of the 'first half' of my planned 128 person Ms. BWI Poll. What to do next? I have inputted a bunch of names into the next 32 person bracket (some my own, others pulled from recommendations in this thread) and with some fine tuning it is ready to go (I think). So, would folks rather get to round three of the current 64 person poll, or get to round one of the next bracket (which includes more contemporary women for sure)? And if you have any last minute requests, list them here - I have a few in the next bracket I might move if a better recommendation comes along.
Please allow me to once again congratulate you on an excellent job. While the results at times have not coincided with my vote, I am consoled by the fact that anyone who voted differently than me is a moron

Last edited:
Update for 3/5/21...

HERE.

Moving on were...

Unless it produces more work (we can't afford a pay raise for you), I would think the brackets should be at even rounds. My vote is to get the other half caught up.

Not so new moniker aside, please use this thread for any Ms. BWI Poll talk/suggestions going forward; my username and profile were deleted so I can't make changes to the other threads. With the first half of the bracket in the books, the many, many, millions* of fans voted to move onto the next half of the bracket instead of round two of the first; so, here we are. This isn't a perfect bracket either; I mostly ran with a lot of BWI user suggestions, so most of the contestants are newer than the first half, but there are a couple of oldies thrown in for good measure. With less nostalgia, should make for better individual match ups. All that said, here is Bracket II:

Click to Enlarge

So, first four match-ups on the way. Get ready.

* - 2 (two)

BTW, in the @fairgambit Enterprises NIT brackets running parallel to the big tourney Julie Christie defeated Barbara Hershey to take the crown.

julie-christie-actress-john-springfield.jpg

hershey1-sized.jpg

Reactions: fairgambit
BTW, in the @fairgambit Enterprises NIT brackets running parallel to the big tourney Julie Christie defeated Barbara Hershey to take the crown.

julie-christie-actress-john-springfield.jpg

hershey1-sized.jpg
That is the worst likeness of Julie I have ever seen. This photo is better, but between the two, I would have voted for Barbara.

3f0b0dd0fc2b68873edc82d880ec0434--julie-christie-british-actresses.jpg

Reactions: 91Joe95
That is the worst likeness of Julie I have ever seen. This photo is better, but between the two, I would have voted for Barbara.

3f0b0dd0fc2b68873edc82d880ec0434--julie-christie-british-actresses.jpg
It was close. Julie in a buzzer beater. Agree on the photo. It’s actually a painting lol.

Hey Midnighter2, How about Ann Margaret?

I don’t recall seeing Ann Margaret in the competition, was she considered or perhaps overlooked? I’m in and out of the site so maybe I missed it.

Growing up as a kid in the 1970s she along with Raquel were the women I salivated over. She had the most sensual look to her face, and loved seeing her in movies. I haven’t bothered to see what kind a sexy photos exist of her. What do you think?

@Midnighter2

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t recall seeing Ann Margaret in the competition, was she considered or perhaps overlooked? I’m in and out of the site so maybe I missed it.

Growing up as a kid in the 1970s she along with Raquel were the women I salivated over. She had the most sensual look to her face, and loved seeing her in movies. I haven’t bothered to see what kind a sexy photos exist of her. What do you think?

@Midnighter2

She‘s in the next poll.

Or....
Candice.

candice-bergen-swimsuit.jpeg

Elizabeth.
3170401_original.jpg

Cybill.
cybill-shepherd-26.jpg

Ah, I could go on forever, and so could just about everyone else. It's a thankless task putting the polls together and so I will leave it in the capable hands of Midnighter2 and try to live with the absurdity of Diane Lane not surviving the 1st round.
Must+Love+Dogs.jpg

Update for 3/10/21....

The few folks who responded to my question about how to proceed with the poll convinced me it's time to unleash Ms. BWI Bracket Poll III (the third of four 32 player brackets for a total of 128 contestants). So, today I will have the first four first round matches. You can view the contestants below - again, more contemporary women, so hopefully some better pics and less nostalgia (though I think it will win the day for some). If your favorite didn't make it, there is one more poll to go - it's helpful to see recommendations in this thread because thanks to @fairgambit , I remember how hot Candace Bergman was in her day (she'll be in the next poll). I also made some effort to 'pair' first round matches in a way that makes some sense - not completely random like previous polls.

Safeties off gents!

Ms. BWI Bracket Poll III

Update for 3/2/21...

Most recent second round matches have finished; results were....

Nicole Sherzinger over Eva Mendes....
Denise Richards over Ingrid Bergman....

Update poll results below:

Ms. BWI Bracket

Next second round matches incoming...
1 vs. 32 was way closer than 16 vs. 17, which makes me question the rankings methodology, as does the can of whoop ass #30 Nicole Sherzinger pulled on # 3 Jennifer Garner or #27 Denise Richards pulled on # 6 Rosario Dawson. But I won’t.

1 vs. 32 was way closer than 16 vs. 17, which makes me question the rankings methodology...as does the can of whoop ass #27 Denise Richards pulled on # 6 Rosario Dawson. But I won’t.

Yeah, there was no methodology - it randomly assigned seeds.

Reactions: bison13
@Midnighter2

Did I miss it or did you include Ann Margaret in the competition?

Grew up in the 1970s and she along with Raquel were the women I salivated over. She did many movies in the 60s and 70s particularly with Elvis. She has the most sensual face but not many swimsuit pictures.

Just curious.

@Midnighter2

Did I miss it or did you include Ann Margaret in the competition?

Grew up in the 1970s and she along with Raquel were the women I salivated over. She did many movies in the 60s and 70s particularly with Elvis. She has the most sensual face but not many swimsuit pictures.

Just curious.

She’s in the new poll I released today. Be on the lookout...

Reactions: Mudge1026
Yeah, there was no methodology - it randomly assigned seeds.
That’s so wonderfully refreshing. In a World dominated by metrics, in-depth analysis and stupefying methodology, it’s heartwarming to know that a successful outcome may still be delivered by “I just randomly filled in the blanks” or “ I just threw some sh$t at the wall”. If only our leaders understood such simplicity.

Update for 3/16/21...

I am on vacation this week to wild, wonderful Florida! Slim chance any poll work will be done, but you never know. Let me say the cubano sandwiches and cafe con leche are tops. Rum punch for this afternoon; will let you know how my great American novel is coming along...

Update for 3/16/21...

I am on vacation this week to wild, wonderful Florida! Slim chance any poll work will be done, but you never know. Let me say the cubano sandwiches and cafe con leche are tops. Rum punch for this afternoon; will let you know how my great American novel is coming along...

An informal poll of local vacation talent would be looked upon favorably.....
All jokes aside, enjoy yourself. Would love a good cubano sandwich right now.

Update for 3/16/21...

😞

ADVERTISEMENT