ADVERTISEMENT

Ms. BWI/McAndrew Bracket Poll Updates and General Discussion...10/19/2021.

Midnighter2

Jan 21, 2021
Not so new moniker aside, please use this thread for any Ms. BWI Poll talk/suggestions going forward; my username and profile were deleted so I can't make changes to the other threads. With the first half of the bracket in the books, the many, many, millions* of fans voted to move onto the next half of the bracket instead of round two of the first; so, here we are. This isn't a perfect bracket either; I mostly ran with a lot of BWI user suggestions, so most of the contestants are newer than the first half, but there are a couple of oldies thrown in for good measure. With less nostalgia, should make for better individual match ups. All that said, here is Bracket II:

Click to Enlarge

So, first four match-ups on the way. Get ready.

* - 2 (two)

Reactions: katchthis and cment
Kathy Ireland versus Elizabeth Hurley is NOT a first round matchup. The committee screwed that one up.
That said, my color commentary is that a younger Kathy easily beats younger Elizabeth, but Elizabeth has aged much better.

Kathy Ireland versus Elizabeth Hurley is NOT a first round matchup. The committee screwed that one up.
That said, my color commentary is that a younger Kathy easily beats younger Elizabeth, but Elizabeth has aged much better.
That is the first thing I noticed as well. Like Duke/UNC in a play-in game. Watch the 2000 film Bedazzled and you'll see a younger Liz at your finest.

Oh no, what happened to midnighter1?

You don't want to know...

VillainousReliableIceblueredtopzebra-small.gif

Midnighter brought in the BIG coaches and press from 1994 to help.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Not so new moniker aside, please use this thread for any Ms. BWI Poll talk/suggestions going forward; my username and profile were deleted so I can't make changes to the other threads. With the first half of the bracket in the books, the many, many, millions* of fans voted to move onto the next half of the bracket instead of round two of the first; so, here we are. This isn't a perfect bracket either; I mostly ran with a lot of BWI user suggestions, so most of the contestants are newer than the first half, but there are a couple of oldies thrown in for good measure. With less nostalgia, should make for better individual match ups. All that said, here is Bracket II:

Click to Enlarge

* - 2 (two)

“Click to Enlarge”

Nope. Didn’t work. 😞

It works on my iPhone. I do have the Imgur app on it. On my MacBook Pro no Bueno, black screen.

It works on my iPhone. I do have the Imgur app on it. On my MacBook Pro no Bueno, black screen.

Hmm. There really isn’t a good way to embed the poll (unless someone knows more about this stuff than me, which is almost certainly the case). All ears...

These two seem obvious but I haven't seen them mentioned:

Olivia Wilde (she just left the father of her children for Miss Doubtfire, but it's not a character poll):

34110200.cms

Jessica Alba:
jessica_alba_gif.jpg

Did Wilde leave Sudeikis? Seemed like he didn't want to/or couldn't pull the trigger on marriage (despite being engaged for 8 years). Alba is a prude - she doesn't get in the poll.

Reactions: cjrugger
That is quite the impressive bracket. Would be fun if we could enter our picks before it started and track them (like March Madness).

I think you explained that seedings aren't really seedings, but... Nicole Scherzinger at 30 is grossly underseeded. She should sail past Jennifer Garner.

Did Wilde leave Sudeikis? Seemed like he didn't want to/or couldn't pull the trigger on marriage (despite being engaged for 8 years). Alba is a prude - she doesn't get in the poll.
To paraphrase Leonidis in '300': A prude? I'd like to put that to the test.

It's the browser. Doesn't work in Firefox, but does in Edge, Chrome, and Opera.

Doesn't work on Chrome for me. Don't have Edge or Opera on my computers.

My way around this on a MacBook Air is to repeatedly do (command)(+) until the image is large enough to read.

Doesn't work on Chrome for me. Don't have Edge or Opera on my computers.

My way around this on a MacBook Air is to repeatedly do (command)(+) until the image is large enough to read.

Yeah, I see now - doesn't work on my computer either. It does work on my iPhone. I'll see if I can find a way to share/make bigger.

Updates for 1/25/21:

Link to new poll can be found HERE.

Moving on from last week:

Sofia Vergara over Paige Spiranac...
Catherine Bell over Cher...
Christie Brinkley over Kate Mara...
Charlotte McKinney over Grace Kelly...

Still appears to be lots of interest and participation in the poll which helps with my motivation to do this. Some numbers...

Catherine Bell is the new single vote record holder (452).
Cher holds the records for biggest loss (by 410 votes) and lowest vote total (42).
Paige Spiranac joins Phoebe Cates as the only loser to get more than 200 votes in her poll.

Okay, new matches incoming. Buckle up.

Updates for 1/25/21:

Link to new poll can be found HERE.

Moving on from last week:

Sofia Vergara over Paige Spiranac...
Catherine Bell over Cher...
Christie Brinkley over Kate Mara...
Charlotte McKinney over Grace Kelly...

Still appears to be lots of interest and participation in the poll which helps with my motivation to do this. Some numbers...

Catherine Bell is the new single vote record holder (452).
Cher holds the records for biggest loss (by 410 votes) and lowest vote total (42).
Paige Spiranac joins Phoebe Cates as the only loser to get more than 200 votes in her poll.

Okay, new matches incoming. Buckle up.

Ahh ... thanks for the bracket link Midnighter. This one is much better for these old eyes.

Click to Enlarge

* - 2 (two)
No Marilyn Monroe?

Polls have closed for matches 5, 6, 7, and 8 of Round 1 in Bracket II. Please see updated bracket below:

CLICK HERE.

Moving on were....

Kate Beckinsale over Beyonce...
Claudia Schiffer over Tyra Banks...
Paulina Porizkova over Emmanuell Chriqui...
Kathy Ireland over Elizabeth Hurley...

Diversity efforts have fallen flat for the most part. I'm not very hopeful for the rest of the poll (matches beginning today especially). Still I think I met the challenge posed by @Lion Son/Husband/Father to have more women of color. Latinas are doing very well though with Hayek and Vergara crushing their opponents.

New polls incoming. I think most of these are obvious, but still we beat on, boats against the current...

ADVERTISEMENT