ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Brooks...

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Sir:

With covid and all I’ve been a bit more of a casual fan this year, at least until post season has rolled around.

But I have truly marveled at how, in a sport where aggression is often king (and is not always easily turned off), your son always and everywhere carries himself as a true gentleman. As a father, I think I’ve done pretty well with my boy, but you sir deserve the highest praise for the job you have done with Aaron. Congratulations, very best regards, and well done, regardless of how anything in the wrestling world turns out.

Sir:

With covid and all I’ve been a bit more of a casual fan this year, at least until post season has rolled around.

But I have truly marveled at how, in a sport where aggression is often king (and is not always easily turned off), your son always and everywhere carries himself as a true gentleman. As a father, I think I’ve done pretty well with my boy, but you sir deserve the highest praise for the job you have done with Aaron. Congratulations, very best regards, and well done, regardless of how anything in the wrestling world turns out.

After Aaron’s interview I texted my father - “Not only a great wrestler, but 100% class”

I am so proud that he represents our program and university!!

That interview reminded me so much of Cael. He's a positive young man and really humble. Complete opposite of the cocky youngsters you normally see at this level. Real sportsmanship after the match not once but twice shaking the opponents hand walking backstage. So happy he's on our team

Reactions: ScottH
Our young men really speak volumes about the program, they are good wrestlers too.

I can attest to the character of this young man, what a great kid and family. I've got a great picture of myself, Roar and Aaron before the Ohio State dual if I recall correctly.
Met mark hall at a central mountain football game that my daughter's were cheering at. Their friend was dating marky he had no problem having his picture taken with me and my wife. What I remember the most was how humble he was and soft spoken. Not cocky at all.

Didn’t see this post. Thank! Aaron has had some great mentors and coaches. Teachers, friends etc. It takes a village
Can you put out an #eatitturk or a covid opinion so your post/like ratio goes down.

Since you guys found your way to whispers before a match a few years ago up until this latest post.....nothing but class.

Met mark hall at a ... football game ... I remember ... how humble he was and soft spoken ...
Similarly, at a wrestling tournament, I appreciated Bo Nickal cheering up a kid who did not win by giving the poor guy a humble slap of encouragement on the butt, as if to say, “you are a good little wrestler; now run along, Zahid.” :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT