ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Brooks Sets HR Straight!

Hawks vs PSU football best games of 2017 on ESPNU right now btw. Great game, bad ending:oops:

One of the reasons (besides the awesome uniforms - Go Stillers!) that I've always liked Hawkeye football is that their fans were a class act in Happy Valley (btw, F@#$ Miami). I also hate Iowa football because of 6-4. Wth?

Reactions: WildTurk
Spooner is one of the best posters on any board that I read.
Kind of ironic that you say that, given that he was my BIGGEST antagonist from the absolute get-go on HR, during my short tenure on that board.

Never knew of a guy who needed a rap upside the noggin more than that nimrod.

Great game, I was there. Talked to some PSU fans on the bus on the way to the parking lot.

I was at a hotel for a soccer tournament (don't judge me) watching the game with my son and a couple of his teammates. I got a call from the hotel staff telling me to calm down. Epic ending of a game. Almost makes up for 6-4.

Kind of ironic that you say that, given that he was my BIGGEST antagonist from the absolute get-go on HR, during my short tenure on that board.

Never knew of a guy who needed a rap upside the noggin more than that nimrod.
In your opinion were the more egregious transgressions by you on HR or by Mpchillin here? Including your other forum bans how would you rank them?

Reactions: maize_mechanic
I was at a hotel for a soccer tournament (don't judge me) watching the game with my son and a couple of his teammates. I got a call from the hotel staff telling me to calm down. Epic ending of a game. Almost makes up for 6-4.

6-4 was a great slugfest of a game, we’ve definitely had some classics over the years. Penn State has always been a fun game to watch and we’ve had our share of PA boys do big things for us.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
6-4 was a great slugfest of a game, we’ve definitely had some classics over the years. Penn State has always been a fun game to watch and we’ve had our share of PA boys do big things for us.

and now its time for your guys to repay the forward. Pinegar better win us games in the 4th qtr and Teske a NC before they leave

and now its time for your guys to repay the forward. Pinegar better win us games in the 4th qtr and Teske a NC before they leave

Pinegar is from Ankeny and they’ve produced a lot of quality D1 kickers over the years, should be a good one.

You're so full of sh$t its unbelievable. Go look at your board. Y'all loathe in self pitty bs. From Bubba, to PSU Cheats, to ISU, to questioning Mr. Brown, to this here. Give me a damn break. For years your board has accused Penn State of everything from cheating to PED's without a single provable reference, not one. Go get a life, the bullshit is old. We joke here, we don't have post after post of bullshit accusations.
You’re exactly right and those are the very reasons I go over there....even against the wishes of a few PSU fans that post here. They want to throw out unfounded bs then I’m going to be there to call them out on it and irritate them every chance I get.

Reactions: nitlion6
One of the reasons (besides the awesome uniforms - Go Stillers!) that I've always liked Hawkeye football is that their fans were a class act in Happy Valley (btw, F@#$ Miami). I also hate Iowa football because of 6-4. Wth?
No reason to hate Iowa for 6-4, but it was a good reason to flush Jay Paterno and other lazy clockpunchers out of the program. It only took a massive, ugly scandal to do so unfortunately.

As a moderator of a message board, you should really know better.
Why don’t you point out to him where he is wrong? Show him where we disparage the Iowa program and its wrestlers as you people do there with Cael. There’s a handful there that understands wrestling needs all the support it can get it, that all fans should be a fraternity and no one should be condemning programs by calling them cheaters or even young men by saying they are on PEDs. That’s the bullshit happening there it’s that same bullshit that gives me reason to go there.

Like I said, there’s a few there that calls out the idiots. It’s a shame though that they are outnumbered and the idiots are even starting to convince those that stay silent to join them. I wished those few would come post here. I really do. Those are the ones that had me going there to post in the first place.

Reactions: D3wrestler
What he always does. Obviously Mr. Brooks is now in the pockets of Big Slush.

Seriously though: I hope "Okie State isn't in that race" isn't correct -- because if John Freaking Smith isn't, then who is? Cael, Ryan, Brands ... probably nobody else. That's not good for the sport.
I think Michigan is trying to break into that group and they are on the cusp of doing so.

It could happen with ASU also, although they have been slow to make any real strides after Zeke's first year of tearing up the recruiting. NC state is making some progress on the collegiate level.

I agree though, that we do not want all the talent in only a few places. Although, how many ADs really care. It they get an AA very year or so and place in the top ten most of them are happy.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Why don’t you point out to him where he is wrong? Show him where we disparage the Iowa program and its wrestlers as you people do there with Cael. There’s a handful there that understands wrestling needs all the support it can get it, that all fans should be a fraternity and no one should be condemning programs by calling them cheaters or even young men by saying they are on PEDs. That’s the bullshit happening there it’s that same bullshit that gives me reason to go there.

Like I said, there’s a few there that calls out the idiots. It’s a shame though that they are outnumbered and the idiots are even starting to convince those that stay silent to join them. I wished those few would come post here. I really do. Those are the ones that had me going there to post in the first place.

Which one are you again?

I think Michigan is trying to break into that group and they are on the cusp of doing so.

It could happen with ASU also, although they have been slow to make any real strides after Zeke's first year of tearing up the recruiting. NC state is making some progress on the collegiate level.

I agree though, that we do not want all the talent in only a few places. Although, how many ADs really care. It they get an AA very year or so and place in the top ten most of them are happy.

Add Cornell (vomit in my mouth) to that list.

6-4 was the ugliest game I've ever seen in any sport. Mr. Hankey never saw a sh** show like that. Both teams had very good defense, but PSU had absolutely no offense, and whatever offense Iowa had, Ferentz dialed it back to avoid any appearance of a chance of a turnover.

Ferentz took an intentional safety with 8:30 left in the game, knowing PSU couldn't even kick one measly FG. Everyone knew he was right. Some clown in the stands behind us yelled at PSU to decline the safety.

There were some great games over the years. This was not one of them.

I remember last offseason I kept posting about scUM being a legit NC contender. Like clock work every time I did, I got back handed with years of evidence that scUM has been on the cusp.

So, this is my turn to impart wisdom back to the intranet......

What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

#cocaineisahelluvadrug

6-4 was the ugliest game I've ever seen in any sport. Mr. Hankey never saw a sh** show like that. Both teams had very good defense, but PSU had absolutely no offense, and whatever offense Iowa had, Ferentz dialed it back to avoid any appearance of a chance of a turnover.

Ferentz took an intentional safety with 8:30 left in the game, knowing PSU couldn't even kick one measly FG. Everyone knew he was right. Some clown in the stands behind us yelled at PSU to decline the safety.

That game was Awful. rationalization to the contrary can only be done by fans of the team that won.

#collegefootballlostthatday

I remember last offseason I kept posting about scUM being a legit NC contender. Like clock work every time I did, I got back handed with years of evidence that scUM has been on the cusp.

So, this is my turn to impart wisdom back to the intranet......

What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

#cocaineisahelluvadrug
May have been your best hashtag to date. Lmao

In your opinion were the more egregious transgressions by you on HR or by Mpchillin here? Including your other forum bans how would you rank them?
I haven't read Mpchillin's posts on here enough to say. All that I know is this: if you can find where I INITIATED an attack on HR, minus my well intended joke on my very first post about Gilburg, feel free to post it. I'm an honest man and I'll fess up if I'm wrong, but as one who recalls almost every post on there, happy huntin.'

As for my "other forum bans," I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'll likely say that, in most disputes, there are two sides to every story, which are words that 53 years have taught me to live by and thoroughly understand. I do know for a fact that I was never debating with myself. There was always someone else involved. As we said it in Minnesota, it takes two to tango.

You seem bothered by the idea that I may actually be a good guy who can carry hisself with dignity and respeck. Why?

I have thought the exact same thing about you in the past! Weird. My fiancee is 7 months pregnant now so I think we all are a little whiny in my house lol. HR is a great board minus a few pudwhacks. Try to filter them out.
As a father of 3 - 21, 12, and 8 all girlsI, I can tell you that the whining doesn't stop. It just changes tunes depending on age. It's all great though. I wouldn't change it for anything. It's much like reading the boards. Ignore the B.S. and deal with what's important and relevant.

You're hair will turn grey and you may drink more at times but it's what you will live for and work every day for.

After the game, before everybody had gotten on the buses Galen and Joe had a short exchange. Galen said to Joe, "he's (Jay) a phucking idiot. Either do something with him or I quit."

As a father of 3 - 21, 12, and 8 all girlsI, I can tell you that the whining doesn't stop. It just changes tunes depending on age. It's all great though. I wouldn't change it for anything. It's much like reading the boards. Ignore the B.S. and deal with what's important and relevant.

You're hair will turn grey and you may drink more at times but it's what you will live for and work every day for.
The first time my oldest girl had her heart broken my wife wasn't home. I had no idea what to do, so I hugged her and just let her cry on my shoulder.
The two thoughts running through my head were, "I am going to kill this f#*&king boy" and "woman, where the hell are you."

There were moments when the girls were growing up I thought "what the hell am I doing". Turns out with both grown, married, educated, well paying jobs, mothers and doing a good job at being an adult my wife mostly, but with my help we did a pretty good job.

I do love a good IPA, I want to make it up to Toppling Goliath and SingleSpeed Brewing up in your area. Any recommendations?

I just had a dogfish head flesh & blood IPA this evening. It was all right for an IPA.

A totally different taste but I have been hooked this summer on Dogfish Sea quench Ale.

Reactions: Mpchillin
The first time my oldest girl had her heart broken my wife wasn't home. I had no idea what to do, so I hugged her and just let her cry on my shoulder.
The two thoughts running through my head were, "I am going to kill this f#*&king boy" and "woman, where the hell are you."

There were moments when the girls were growing up I thought "what the hell am I doing". Turns out with both grown, married, educated, well paying jobs, mothers and doing a good job at being an adult my wife mostly, but with my help we did a pretty good job.
As far as the broken heat goes, I'll chalk that one up to "life", unless there is a reason to suspect otherwise, then may God help him.

If my 3 turn out like your third paragraph describes, I'll consider my job well done, much like you. Ultimately thats what we hope for and work for as parents.

As far as the broken heat goes, I'll chalk that one up to "life", unless there is a reason to suspect otherwise, then may God help him.

If my 3 turn out like your third paragraph describes, I'll consider my job well done, much like you. Ultimately thats what we hope for and work for as parents.

I have fond memories of my dad showing his gun collection to my sister's boyfriend before their prom.

I do love a good IPA, I want to make it up to Toppling Goliath and SingleSpeed Brewing up in your area. Any recommendations?
Oh, my, where to begin regarding those two! ANY IPA from either place rocks it, but, of course, Toppling Goliath reigns supreme. When in Decorah, there is also another brewery called Pulpit Rock, which makes equally good IPA's (it was a split from a partnership at TG, so in the same spirit as TG).

Singlespeed just gets better and better and owned by a state champ from New Hampton in 1993. Right now they are best at their IPA's and their sours. You really can't go wrong with any beer from them, but those are their two specialties right now. CF also has another brewery, but it's not very good, and the other great one we have/had, Lark Brewing in Waterloo, is looking for a new location.

As I said, I'm one of the good guys, so give me a holler if you're up here and want to meet for a beer (or one too many, as I usually do).

I just had a dogfish head flesh & blood IPA this evening. It was all right for an IPA.

A totally different taste but I have been hooked this summer on Dogfish Sea quench Ale.
I like Dogfish Head IPA's, but they do tend to be on the meltier side, versus the hoppy side, which is what n IPA should be. When I have an IPA I want hops, dammit and nothing else!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT