ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Brooks Sets HR Straight!

I have thought the exact same thing about you in the past! Weird. My fiancee is 7 months pregnant now so I think we all are a little whiny in my house lol. HR is a great board minus a few pudwhacks. Try to filter them out.
shotgun_wedding.jpg

I'm an honest man, so I'll easily call you on this one: no it isn't, and nor are the people.

Anyone who comes onto a site as a neutral observer and this is met with the most paranoid distrust of ANYTHING the person says doesn't represent a "great board."

Now, compare that to here. As still a neutral observer, why I am still here and treated with respect?
tenor.gif

They want Gable back so he can offer 7+ more scholarships in a given cycle than their rivals. You know, back when college sports had “morels”

Edit for clarification - my quoted word was used on HR as a stand in for “morals”. I’m a Strunk & White guy - not some literary savage

Well, as folks would post on HR, it's all a "mute" point.

That is the point. Iowa is one of the 3 destinations if you want to have freestyle success based on past results. PSU has some horses that may get them there soon.

If you want to succeed at 57kg. Otherwise, there is no reason to think Iowa is better than Nebraska, for example.

Neither was Metcalf or 57kg that he responded to.. but that's a moot point I suppose:)

Try to follow. I said Brands had a niche position with lightweight development (i.e. 57kg), so I didn't think his landing spot was a "full" landing spot. That was where it started.

Try to follow. I said Brands had a niche position with lightweight development (i.e. 57kg), so I didn't think his landing spot was a "full" landing spot. That was where it started.
oh, my bad. I could have swore it started on the topic of Mr Brooks setting HR straight.

Not sure what that means, but if it means you're suspicious, please find where I initiated an attack on Sqwawkers yisself on HR, aside from the Gilburg, joke, which was my very first post.

Happy huntin!
Was HR the 1st forum you were banned from?

Was HR the 1st forum you were banned from?
No, sir, as I've maintained all along, but I've also maintained that there was nothing that I should have been banned for on HR.

Again, you or anyone are free to show me where I broke a rule. I'm an honest man, and I'll freely admit it if you can find it. However, if defending myself qualified, well, then guilty, but I instigated no attacks, and nor did I break rules.

I have thought the exact same thing about you in the past! Weird. My fiancee is 7 months pregnant now so I think we all are a little whiny in my house lol. HR is a great board minus a few pudwhacks. Try to filter them out.
I have my "get off my lawn" moments.
HR has some really bizarre characters that not surprisingly possess bizarre points of view.
Over the past decade though, even the more stable posters have jumped in on the dump on Cael threads and have argued the Cael is evil crap. So while some HR posters are more moderate nowadays there are plenty who continue to babble some serious bullcrap and of course that paints the entire board as fairly irrational.

If only the two boards could merge and throw away any pettiness. I never said nor do I ever say anything disrespectful of the Hawks. I just found Mr. Brooks numerous, not one, but numerous responses setting the record straight something for all to absorb. It is significantly more valuable and interesting when someone directly involved comments.

I wondered how long it would take to get a snitch thread over here. :p I get a kick out of you guys kissing Mr Brooks but on HR and telling him to proceed with caution on HR.. But come to BWI where WE ARE better than everyone else! LMAO
You really have become bitter. 1 person cautioned him on HR. This board is nothing like HR. Show me the wild unfounded accusations here? Its simply not tolerated unless a joke. From PED's to the bs slush fund the jealousy is beyond ridiculous.

Mr. Brooks did exactly that and was still questioned.

Conspiracy theories are entrenched in the human psyche. For example, just take a look at the Flat Earth Society. No amount of evidence is enough to convince some people. That said, I think most of the vitriol on HR is a circle the wagons/knee jerk reaction kind of thing. It's just not that big a deal.

Kudos to Mr. Brooks for sharing his experiences. It's rare that we get to hear 1st hand accounts like that.

Reactions: maize_mechanic
You really have become bitter. 1 person cautioned him on HR. This board is nothing like HR. Show me the wild unfounded accusations here? Its simply not tolerated unless a joke. From PED's to the bs slush fund the jealousy is beyond ridiculous.
bitter is the wrong word I believe. I'm not bitter at all. I respect Cael and the Lions a lot. Come along ways in a short time. Impressive feat indeed.

This board is indeed like HR. You just see it from a Penn State point of view. I will agree to disagree. There are Yahoo's on both boards just more of them on HR due to the volume of traffic and posters.

I will agree however the cheating, Sandusky, slush fund stuff gets old and some of the closed minded members wont let that stuff go. I don't join in on that crap other than to suggest to quit mentioning it. I think I've even said several times the things Sandusky did years ago have nothing at all to do with the wrestling team nowadays so drop it.

As a moderator of a message board, you should really know better.

bitter is the wrong word I believe. I'm not bitter at all. I respect Cael and the Lions a lot. Come along ways in a short time. Impressive feat indeed.

This board is indeed like HR. You just see it from a Penn State point of view. I will agree to disagree. There are Yahoo's on both boards just more of them on HR due to the volume of traffic and posters.

I will agree however the cheating, Sandusky, slush fund stuff gets old and some of the closed minded members wont let that stuff go. I don't join in on that crap other than to suggest to quit mentioning it. I think I've even said several times the things Sandusky did years ago have nothing at all to do with the wrestling team nowadays so drop it.
You're so full of sh$t its unbelievable. Go look at your board. Y'all loathe in self pitty bs. From Bubba, to PSU Cheats, to ISU, to questioning Mr. Brown, to this here. Give me a damn break. For years your board has accused Penn State of everything from cheating to PED's without a single provable reference, not one. Go get a life, the bullshit is old. We joke here, we don't have post after post of bullshit accusations.

You're so full of sh$t its unbelievable. Go look at your board. Y'all loathe in self pitty bs. From Bubba, to PSU Cheats, to ISU, to questioning Mr. Brown, to this here. Give me a damn break. For years your board has accused Penn State of everything from cheating to PED's without a single provable reference, not one. Go get a life, the bullshit is old. We joke here, we don't have post after post of bullshit accusations.

You joke here? Lol, that’s original.

I have a life. A good one.. especially right now! :DThe things you are saying are not a representation of all on HR. It's an anonymous board where "anyone" can post.

There is a lot of great Info on HR.. play by play, off season freestyle talk, fundraising, recruiting talk, links to videos/matches/events etc. Its a great wrestling board! The best imo

You will always have people that cut to the bone and talk major crap on message boards. Bring that filter!

I have a life. A good one.. especially right now! :DThe things you are saying are not a representation of all on HR. It's an anonymous board where "anyone" can post.

There is a lot of great Info on HR.. play by play, off season freestyle talk, fundraising, recruiting talk, links to videos/matches/events etc. Its a great wrestling board! The best imo

You will always have people that cut to the bone and talk major crap on message boards. Bring that filter!
No one said it was all on the board, its simply post after post. Challenging a parent of a top wrestler is beyond stupid. The PED sh$t is stupid as is the slush fund and everything else. If it wasn't, y'all be going after tOSU daily.

Reactions: dbldoofus
ADVERTISEMENT