ADVERTISEMENT

Movie sequels

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" was superior to its predecessors, though technically, it was a prequel. Of course this presumes that the man with no name was the same character throughout all three films.

Reactions: CVLion
I will vote for Desperado as a superior sequel to El Mariachi.

I’ve never seen El Mariachi, but I don’t need to... I know it does not have Salma Hayek in it, and therefore no Salma Hayek nude scene. Desperado wins.

Reactions: jimarnp and 91Joe95
Lord of the Rings(if that counts)?

Are you saying the third film, The Return of the King, was better than the first two?

It did win Best Picture... although I’ve always felt that was as much a recognition of the crowning achievement of the whole trilogy as an individual accolade for that movie specifically.

A lot of good sequels listed here. I'm going to go with Hot Shots Part Deux. American Pie 2 and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey were both excellent and on par with outstanding originals, which is no small feat. I must add, I have high hopes for Dr. Detroit 2: The Wrath of Mom, but I haven't read of anything in development. Also, google keeps telling me there's going to be a sequel to Gladiator, so I'm pretty pumped for that.

John Wick II

While I like all three (and looking forward to JW4), I like Parabellum as well as - or perhaps even more so - than one. Many subplots throughout, and the fight scenes are unparalleled. Reeves really does his homework.

Reactions: psuro
I actually prefer to watch the Matrix Reloaded over the original. Matrix Revolutions on the other hand....wtf.

ADVERTISEMENT