ADVERTISEMENT

Movie sequels

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
Can you think of any that were as good as or better than the original?

I have only some up with one, and that's "Star Trek, the Wrath of Kahn" and that's only because the first Star Trek movie was so incredibly awful.

For the most part, sequels stink. Occasionally you'll get one that is better than the first.

Empire Strikes Back
Aliens (not better, but different, just as good in its own right)
Evil Dead

The Harry Potter films maybe don't count. Multiple were better than the first adaptation. Some worse.

I have only some up with one, and that's "Star Trek, the Wrath of Kahn" and that's only because the first Star Trek movie was so incredibly awful.

i know I will get crushed but I preferred Rocky II over the original

The Empire Strikes back was just as good if not better than Star Wars
Bride of Frankenstein
are 2 right off the top of my head

i know I will get crushed but I preferred Rocky II over the original
iu

Terminator 2 is a great film, but i also love the Terminator
Aliens is one of my favorite films of all time
Captain America: The Winter Solider is one of the best Marvel films
Godfather 2 is one of the best films ever, so is the first film
Temple of Doom is one of those films i love watching the most, just awesome replay value but i love all the Indiana Jones films (best trilogy ever)
Evil Dead 2 is an awesome update/sequel to original film

The Dark Knight is far better than Batman Begins. X2: X-Men United is also way better than the original X-Men movie, and Logan is far superior to any of the other Wolverine movies. I'd also add Mad Max: Fury Road, and The Silence of the Lambs as 'best of the bunch' for their movies.

The Dark Knight is far better than Batman Begins. X2: X-Men United is also way better than the original X-Men movie, and Logan is far superior to any of the other Wolverine movies. I'd also add Mad Max: Fury Road, and The Silence of the Lambs as 'best of the bunch' for their movies.
No, no, no, no, no, Fury Road does not match The Road Warrior.

road-warrior-mad-max-2-billboard.jpg

Reactions: 91Joe95 and BBrown

Third Bourne movie Was as good or better than the first. Second was fairly weak, and the fourth one......well, they made one too many IMO

Reactions: Nittany_93
Matewan was based on historical events, as was The Molly Maguires. Matewan was in no way based on The Molly Maguires.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Matewan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matewan
Really?? You don’t see how the 2 are related?? Same story just 50 yrs apart. I know in theory they aren’t sequels but really they are. Watch them back to back I have.
I didn't say they weren't related. Yes, they're very similar but they each have their own unique historical backstory. In particular, Matewan was not based on The Molly Maguires.

I can accept your saying that "in theory they aren’t sequels but really they are."

Last edited:
Really?? You don’t see how the 2 are related?? Same story just 50 yrs apart. I know in theory they aren’t sequels but really they are. Watch them back to back I have.

I think you are creating a new meaning to the word "sequel" if you believe "Matewan" and "Molly Maguires" are an original and a sequel. The movies "Battle of Algiers," "Day of the Jackal" and "Topaz" are sequential chronologically but in no way are they "sequels."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT