'Most of Biden's foreign policy team are brutalist leftovers from the Obama admin' and 'someone's going to die' (link)

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Like no $hit. Despite the author's faulty premise (i.e., Canada doesn't have to send troops overseas because they live under our security umbrella) I find the article intellectually stimulating. Why are we always on a constant war footing? I theorize the 'war on terror' no longer serves as pretext for 51% discretionary spending on Defense, so the shadow government shifts attention to the new boogeyman and that is "domestic terrorism." After all, those dastardly white folk need to shed all nationalistic sentiment. Why. Because our corporations need cheap foreign labor so as to maximize short term profit. We'll use "racism" as leverage. America is haunted by it as much as Germany is by Hitler. It's Eisenhower's "military-industrial complex" on steroids. But to the author's other point (and he almost backs into it) Biden is not in charge. Even for him, he's a shell of the man he used to be...

Most of Joe Biden’s foreign policy team are brutalist leftovers from the Obama administration, the one that invaded Libya and set the ball rolling in Syria and Ukraine. They’re needed in 2021 about as much as mimes at a funeral.

Head of the gang is Victoria Nuland, who worked to start her own war in Ukraine a few years ago. Supporting her are Tony “Global Policeman” Blinken and Susan Rice, she of invading Libya fame. Maybe the Class of 2016 will finally have those full-on wars they have always wanted but a stronger president like Obama sort of resisted. Bloody Nuland says more wars are basically a requirement. She co-wrote “Superpowers Don’t Get To Retire,” proclaiming “there is no democratic superpower waiting in the wings to save the world if this democratic superpower falters.” With policy friends like this, it’s clear why Biden bombed Syria.

“America is back,” Biden bleats. What that means America is back to business as usual, and that means people abroad are going to die.

Speaking of Neville Chamberlain and the Munich Accords, they say Hitler purposely held the conference at a place which disallowed smoking. Neville was a chain smoker, and after enduring marathon negotiations he was ready to sign anything. I don't know if it's true or not. Just heard it somewhere.

BTW I can name one of those African countries. Djibouti. I know because I've sent care packages there.

Thank you.

Latest posts