More to ignore, Book 53.........

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
FRYfvGtX0AMRoxH.jpg

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
MTG touts the Hanseatic vs. Catholic League match-up in the World Series, because Satan
annieli

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) tore into the Catholic Church in a recent interview with right-wing activist Michael Voris of Church Militant. In the wild interview, flagged online by Right Wing Watch, Greene charges “Satan’s controlling the church.”

In a clip from the interview, Voris charges that U.S. Bishops “taken enormous sums of money from the federal government, federal taxpayers to assist in illegal immigration, some refugee resettlement also” to “essentially skirt around U.S. immigration laws.”

“I thought we had a separation of church and state,” Greene said in response.

“What it is, is Satan’s controlling the church,” Greene continued. Greene’s campaign website doesn’t list specifically what denomination of Christian is, but notes her “strong Christian faith.”

The controversial Georgia congresswoman continued, in a long screed against the Church:

The church is not doing its job, and it’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ, and it’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live.

We are supposed to love one another, but their definition of what love one another means, means destroying our laws. It means completely perverting what our Constitution says. It means taking unreal advantage of the American taxpayer. And it means pushing a globalist policy on the American people and forcing America to become something that we are not supposed to be.......

FRYSktRX0AAyOOJ

marjorietaylorgreene3.jpg

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
Longtime Michigan Republican official resigns, saying GOP only loyal to ‘deranged narcissist’ Trump
Walter Einenkel

Over the weekend, Republicans in Michigan were busy in Grand Rapids at their spring convention. This is where members of the Michigan GOP go to discuss strategy, who is running to represent them, who they will support, and how much support they will give to various candidates. Traditionally, this would also be the time to discuss policy distinctions between candidates and the lines they are and are not willing to cross in regard to compromise—depending on the candidate and district in question. AHAHAHAHA. That last part was a joke. The Republican Party has zero policy platforms that fall within the purview of our Constitution!

The conservative civil war is raging across the country, and while traditional media is mostly worried about their personal stock portfolios, GOP operatives continue to battle it out between the recently solemn neocons of the party versus the furiously misdirected MAGA-cum-tea party fascists in the party. The Michigan convention was filled with all of the bile we have come to expect from a meeting of Republicans. The major “themes” (because once again, there is no policy in the GOP) were anti-LGBTQ+, anti-education rhetoric wrapped up in “parental rights” and the promotion of Trump’s big lie that the election was stolen.

Tony Daunt
was a longtime Michigan state GOP committee member. I say ‘was’ because on Tuesday night, Daunt reportedly resigned from the state committee, saying the Republican Party is going down a sewer hole.
The Detroit News was able to get a copy of the emailed resignation that Daunt sent to Judy Rapanos, chairwoman of the 4th Congressional District Republican Committee. In it Daunt criticized what he said was a litmus test of loyalty to disgraced disaster of a person Donald Trump. In fairness to Daunt, he described Trump as a "deranged narcissist."

Daunt isn’t some
woke liberal cancel culture warrior, mind you. He is a dyed-in-the-wool conservative who believes the Democratic Party has “myriad failures” that the GOP should run candidates against. Daunt has supported proposals like doing away with Michigan’s personal income tax and is highly critical of government spending over tax cuts—the classic, proven-to-fail policies that conservatives have always pushed.

And while he believed the GOP should be trying to win elections by going after Democratic Party policy, he now says his fellow "feckless, cowardly party 'leaders' have made the election here in Michigan a test of who is the most cravenly loyal to Donald Trump and re-litigating the results of the 2020 cycle." Maybe the most damning part of Daunt’s resignation letter is Daunt’s assertion that Michigan GOP leader know the election fraud claims are lies and Trump’s general election claims are lies. The best part? He calls Trump an “undisciplined loser.”

"Incredibly, rather than distancing themselves from this undisciplined loser, far too many Republican 'leaders' have decided that encouraging his delusional lies — and, even worse — cynically appeasing him despite knowing they are lies, is the easiest path to ensuring their continued hold on power, general election consequences be damned.” That’s the stuff. Who will or won’t Daunt and other Republicans like him vote for this coming fall, nobody knows. Hopefully this conservative civil war continues to erode the Republican Party in the same way the party has been eroding America for the last five decades.

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
MAGA candidate for PA Lt. Gov. is banned from his home for threatening his wife, child, & dog
TheCriticalMind

ScreenShot2022-04-27at4.36.13PM.png

Portrait of an asshole.

Teddy Daniels is a Republican candidate for Pennsylvania’s Lt. Governor position. He is a MAGA zealot. He has met, and worships, Trump. And has based his campaign on the Big Lie He is also an accused serial abuser. And he has been ejected from the family home after his wife asked a court for emergency protection. It is not his first at-bat. He has now been called out for domestic abuse in court papers by three different women.

The latest chapter in his tale of partner abuse came to a head last weekend. According to handwritten notes, which Daniels’ wife submitted to the court, the PA state police came to their home after being called to do a wellness check. She said,

“After they left, Ted became very agitated about who called the State Troopers and accused my family of talking to Rolling Stone about his prior domestic violence. He falsely accused me of talking to Rolling Stone. He was verbally abusive and I called State Police.”
[Note: Rolling Stone had previously reported on Teddy Daniels and his history of violence]

When the State Police returned to the Daniels’ home on Sunday, they suggested her husband leave the home overnight to “cool things down” and said she should request a “protection from abuse” (PFA) order. Which she did. On Monday, she initially received an “order granting emergency protection from abuse” to her and her child. On Tuesday, a separate order extended those protections.

Now Daniels is barred from the couple’s home in Lake Ariel, PA. He is forbidden to contact his wife, who the court granted temporary custody over their child. The order further bars Daniels from possessing any firearms while the order is in effect. This is sensible as Daniels seems to be an angry guy. As his wife told the court, Daniels returned home at 6 am on Monday and confronted her. She explained,

“He asked if I was going to file a [protection from abuse order] and I started crying. I started to go to the courthouse and he tried not to let me go. Ted followed me to the courthouse and came into the courthouse.”
She added,
“He stalks me at work, screaming at me, making me cry. He cursed at me continually and our son repeats it to me,” she writes. “He has constantly said he would throw myself and our son out of the house and, if he lost the campaign, I wouldn’t have a place to live in three weeks.”

Daniels was not alone in trying to browbeat his wife, his campaign got in on the act. As Mrs. Daniels further wrote,

“Ted’s Campaign Manager has called me twelve (12) times to persuade me not to file this PFA. He has threatened to investigate who made wellness calls to the State Police unless I dropped the emergency PFA + didn’t file a temporary PFA.”

She finished,

“I am afraid of him and what he will do to me and our son. He [threatens] to kill himself,”

Rolling Stone has reported two previous claims of violence against Daniels. In 2013, during a custody battle, an ex-wife of Daniels asked the district court of Maryland for an order of protection, citing alleged “domestic violence.” The petition also accused Daniels of harassing her at her workplace. The order was not granted.

And In an earlier relationship, Daniels had sued a woman seeking visitation and custody of a child they’d had together. In 1999, a lawyer for that woman accused Daniels of having previously “engaged in conduct which has been threatening” to the woman and made her feel “justifiably unsafe.” Despite that contention, the presiding officer granted Daniels visitation.

The report also states that during his career as a law enforcement officer he was the subject of an “internal affairs investigation” that concluded he had engaged in “unbecoming conduct” by “providing deceptive information to an investigator” and “using official state record for personal reasons.” Local newspaper accounts also indicate that Daniels was suspended and ultimately agreed to separate from a different police department in 2010.

The piece also reveals that Daniels was chronically in arrears with child support. And he had multiple professional lapses as a police officer. For the full story click: “Domestic-Abuse Allegation Haunts Law-and-Order MAGA Candidate.”

Daniels reacted to the Rolling Stone article in a way that must be familiar to his domestic partners. In February, when asked about his prior abuse allegations, Daniels sent Rolling Stone a short statement that described those accusations as “FALSE, and MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS.” Days after the article was published, he posted an angry, lengthy video rant on Facebook dismissing the story as a “smear piece.”

“Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome investigative journalism. You pulled public records. Like, does that impress me? You know, do you think that that’s investigative journalism? You pulled public records. Rolling Stone, take your bullshit and shove it.”

What a nasty person. And how typical of today’s GOP.

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
PA-Gov: GOP Frontrunner Campaigned At Event Pushing QAnon & 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
poopdogcomedy

mastriano1920-1920x1440.jpeg

Insurrectionist State Senator Doug Mastriano (R. PA)

This is the GOP frontrunner in for the upcoming gubernatorial election in Pennsylvania:

Last week in Gettysburg, a far-right Christian conference called “Patriots Arise for God and Country” drew State Sen. Doug Mastriano, a GOP front-runner for Pennsylvania governor; Teddy Daniels, a candidate for lieutenant governor; Maryland gubernatorial candidate Dan Cox; Liz Harrington, a spokesperson for former President Donald Trump; and former Trump campaign attorney Jenna Ellis.
About 25 minutes into the two-day conference, organizers played a video claiming the world is experiencing a “great awakening” that will expose “ritual child sacrifice” and a “global satanic blood cult.”
Followers of QAnon believe a global cabal of Democrats and elites are trafficking children for sex and engaged in other demonic activity — but that all of this will soon be exposed. Images associated with the conspiracy theory were on display during the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol attack.
The video showed Friday featured a kind of greatest hits of conspiracy theories that have circulated for decades. It showed images of the Twin Towers collapsing on 9/11 — with the label “false flags.” It claimed John F. Kennedy was assassinated because he “knew too much” and posed a “high risk of cabal exposure,” that vaccines amount to “genocide therapy,” and that Hitler faked his death. It offered other conspiracy theories about the atomic bomb, the Spanish flu, 5G, the 2008 financial crisis — and, of course, the 2020 election.
But, the video said, it is “game over” for the darkness, and thousands will be jailed and executed. It showed images of a guillotine.
“All of the systems the darkness had in place to control us are going to crumble,” the narrator says, as the video shows a view of outer space. “The fear, the corruption, the greed, the wars and rumors of wars, the hate, the technology, media propaganda, the child trafficking and the slave economy — all of these control systems will crumble down.”

Mastriano, who has consistently led polls of the sprawling Republican primary field, raised money for his campaign at the event. The organizers auctioned a print of Trump for $4,000 — with proceeds apparently going to Mastriano.

Again, Mastriano is a frontrunner in the primary:

A new WHTM/Emerson College Polling/The Hill poll shows Doug Mastriano leading the Republican field of candidates for Governor.
Mastriano, a State Senator representing Pennsylvania’s 33rd District, leads with 16.2% over Lou Barletta at 12.4%.
Mastriano and Barletta were the only candidates to receive double-digit support with 48.8% of the 371 Republican voters undecided.

Franklin and Marshall College’s latest poll also confirms this:

Twelve percent of respondents said they would vote for McSwain if the election were held today, while 15% said they would vote for state Sen. Doug Mastriano.
Mastriano has led efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, while Trump this week asked voters to not elect McSwain, whom Trump called a “coward” who did “absolutely nothing” about disproven claims of widespread election fraud.
“Trump’s slap-down of McSwain certainly won’t help him among Trump voters,” in a state where the former president still has a lot of sway, Yost said.

By the way, I wonder if any of this will come up in tonight’s debate. Doubtful but who knows. By the way, one of Mastriano’s Republican constituents had this to say about him in PennLive op-ed:

On Nov. 28, 2020, as most of us were eating Thanksgiving leftovers, Mastriano tweeted a strategy to have the state legislature appoint a pro-Trump slate of electors for Pennsylvania (in other words, to overturn Pennsylvania’s vote based on unsubstantiated voter fraud claims). That tweet has earned Mastriano a subpoena from the committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Speaking of Jan. 6, Mastriano’s campaign spent over $3,300 to send buses of people to Washington, DC on that day. Mastriano was even outside the Capitol. He claims he didn’t cross police lines, but he showed us when he stepped onto one of the buses he paid for that he doesn’t have the judgment to be our governor.

Mastriano also wants to audit Pennsylvania’s 2020 election results. If you want an idea of how this might go, look to Maricopa County, Ariz., where an audit by the crackpot group “the Cyber Ninjas” left county taxpayers on the hook for $3.2 million.

You may be wondering if an audit here in Pennsylvania will turn up reams of previously undisclosed voter fraud.

Don’t get your hopes up. The bogus Maricopa County audit actually grew Joe Biden’s margin by 360 votes.

If Mastriano is concerned about auditing things, I’d suggest he start with his own campaign’s books. His initial campaign finance report disclosed $15,000 in spending, which he revised upward to $215,000. Whoops!

But by all means, let’s let him audit our elections.
Mastriano also wants to cancel state contracts with “compromised voting machine companies,” particularly Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion machines are used in 14 Pennsylvania counties and were the subject of conspiracy theories that they flipped votes to President Biden away from President Trump in the 2020 election.

These claims are not just false. They’re the subject of a defamation lawsuit by Dominion against Fox News and One America News Network—but Mastriano wants to make state policy around them. Not “governor” material if you ask me.

Last but certainly not least, Mastriano wants to appoint a new secretary of the commonwealth. He already pushed a plan to overturn the lawful certified election in Pennsylvania in 2020, and now he wants to sit in the governor’s chair for the 2024 election.
If all of this sounds bad to you, I urge you to take Mastriano seriously. He’s not some gadfly candidate, and he has as good a chance as anyone to win the Republican primary on May 17.

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
Ukraine Update: Russia notches minor tactical gains, but strategic goals remain elusive
kos

Russia continued making slow, grinding progress on Wednesday, taking five settlements, repulsed on six other approaches, and pushing into some of the larger towns. Ukrainian resistance is stiff.

I won’t belabor the point I’ve made repeatedly—how Russia guilty once again of spreading its forces thin across way too many lines of attack. Yes, they’ve had some tactical victories, taking a town here or there, but they are still failing their strategic goal of taking the entire Donbas region and building a land bridge that extends all the way across Ukraine’s south, through Odesa, and on to Moldova’s Transnistria region.

Remember, Russia had loads of tactical victories around Kyiv, Sumy, Chernihiv, and Kharkiv. How’d that turn out for them strategically?

Now, Russia is having trouble finishing the job in Mariupol, much less take Donbas. It’s been two weeks since Russia announced their big Donbas offensive, yet Russia has managed to push only ~22 kilometers (14 miles) to the south and west. That leaves just another 240-320 kilometers (~150-200 miles) of roads to go to close the gap to the south (depending on the route), not to mention all the territory in the middle, which at around 5,000 square miles, would entirely fit the state of Connecticut.

don.png

Russia has taken just a sliver of all that territory, and it is already distracted, pushing in all sorts of different directions that aren’t Donbas. As the Institute for the Study of War reported today, their advances today to the west of Izyum “takes Russian forces away from their main objective of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts.” So great, congrats Russia on your small tactical gains! But strategically, they remain a mess, and what meager progress they’ve made has come at a horrifying cost. Don’t take it from me, take it from Igor Girkin, the Russian nationalist who ran the separatists’ 2014 war effort. He posts regular video updates on Telegram, where is is losing his mind over Russia’s current progress.

Main battles are taking place south of Izyum, and between Uhledar and Huliapole. Can the Russian army destroy the Donetsk group of the enemy using the existing forces? For me there is no obvious answer. I don’t know what forces are concentrated, what is their moral spirit, how are they equipped and trained, what aviation and artillery support is available.
But in the last three days there was practically zero advancement of the Russian forces north of Izyum, only tactical successes in some places. In the south, we took a few localities but the enemy frontline is not broken through. Witnesses say the artillery and aviation work tremendously, destroying resistance as soon as it emerges. This is WW1 tactic which any way doesn’t lead to any quick results.
As I said earlier time is of the essence for a quick victory of the Ukraine which finishes its 3rd mobilization stage, in total around 300,000 people [...] If Ukraine manages to create 10 divisions, 100,000 troops, or 50 BTGs, then this [...] force will be capable of of cardinally reversing the course of the combat action [...]

So I believe if the operations drags down, if the Ukrainian forces are not destroyed in 1-1.5 months, then the battle could change dramatically, and the enemy will be able to seize the advantage, and it’s possible they will do it.

Everyone points to Russia’s “tactical successes,” but one must only look at a map, at the Oryx list of confirmed casualties, and at the pace of the campaign to know that taking a village here or there is of little value if it’s not working toward the broader strategic goal. A week ago, Girkin was even more pessimistic.

In conditions were Russian troops will have to storm one city agglomeration after another, number of troops comes to the foreground. And in this regard, neither [Russian] nor [separatist forces] have a serious advantage, unfortunately.
Let’s imagine that the first line of defense of [Ukrainian armed forces] south of Izyum and near Hulliapole is broken and our forces begin offensive in convergent directions, can they quickly link up in deep Ukrainian rears, creating two encirclement rings (inner and outer)? With a guarantee that the enemy won’t break them immediately and won’t create their own ‘salients’ for the advancing forces? [...]
I doubt it. Why? Because for that you need A LOT of detachments aimed not only for breaking through but also for firmly establishing in the territories [...]

So, after a certain time, in this area, the same situation will repeat as in Rubezhnoe-Severodonetsk, Popasnaya, Avdeevka and Maryanka, where united forces are advancing extremely slowly and with huge losses (especially among the infantry), or not moving at all (Avdeevka).

The separatist’s former top commander has taken stock of the current battlefield situation, and concludes that their manpower losses are unsustainable. Pretending that Russia has 180,000 troops in the region, which they don’t, and ignoring that most would be logistical support, that would still only be 30 soldiers (a platoon!) for every square mile of that Donbas region that remains to be conquered. Yeah, that’s a simplistic argument, but it points to how few forces they have for that Connecticut-sized region. Meanwhile, they don’t even take care of the soldiers they have, treating them as expendable cannon fodder:

FRBziUVXMAAXB11.jpeg

Here is another Russian soldier’s account of the Donbas front lines in late March and early April. Follow the link and read the whole thing (same with the Girkin links above). It’s breathtaking.

By mid-April there were a couple of men left of our "pre-war" company [150 troops in an infantry company] . Volunteers and reservists were already being sent to the battle. Volunteers in masses were with experience of 2014-2015, but here it is absolutely other war and their experience does not help anything. And the reservists are miners caught on the streets without the slightest experience. Nobody cares. Put your submachine gun in your hands and go forward under the mortars. There was a catastrophic shortage of men, fighters were not allowed to leave the front line for a month or more. Many went nuts from such loads. Some began to drink heavily, fortunately there was no problem with booze at the front. Mathematically there was almost no chance of getting out alive and uninjured. The longer you stay there, the less chance you have. Of those I was friends with or shared bread with, eight people died in a fortnight. The rest were wounded or shell-shocked. Within a week, three company officers had changed - two were killed. There were no company-platoon level officers left at all.

Igor Girkin says the separatist-held territories of Donbas are tapped out, no more troops to give. Indeed, they’ve conscripted men up to the age of 60. There are only so many more Chechens to send, and they don’t seem too excited to be bearing the brunt of Russia’s war.

The May 9 Victory Parade should prove an inflection point: does Vladimir Putin use the occasion to call for a mass mobilization to bolster the war effort, or will he keep pretending that it’s merely a “limited military operation” that remains splendidly on track, dooming the entire effort? Ukraine’s regular army and Territorial Defense Forces have bought time for those 300,000 reservists out west to train and get equipped. A couple more months, and they’ll be riding into battle in Polish T-72s, American and European armored personnel carriers, and lots of sweet, sweet, modern artillery. How will Russia respond, even as it attrits its existing forces on the daily?

Ukraine’s recent raids in Belgorod and Kursk would’ve been great fodder to gin up war fervor amongst the Russian populace. Instead, Russian state propaganda passively stated that the facilities merely “caught fire.” Curious, isn’t it? Stunningly, Putin is afraid to call for shared sacrifice, even as state propaganda ramps up the hysteria on the nightly. Apparently, it’s easier to support war when it’s the poor regions and foreigners doing the dying, rather than Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Last edited:

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
Wednesday, Apr 27, 2022 · 11:49:50 PM EDT · kos

There was a silly little skit I had to do in camp when I was a kid, looking for a lost ring in the dark, near a campfire. Everyone looks and looks and looks until someone asks where the ring was lost? Well, it was over there, pointing to the woods. So why are we looking over here? Because the light is better!

Apparently, the light is better west of Izyum than anywhere where Ukrainians actually expect Russians to attack.