ADVERTISEMENT

More thoughs on Franklin

Firing CJF for nothing more than just looking around would be a bad business decision since PSU would owe him around $85M over the next 10 years assuming he wasn't hired again elsewhere. The last time I checked, just looking around is not a fireable offense and believe it or not, sometimes people look to change jobs for things other than just more money. I certainly don't begrudge anyone from making as much money as they can so long as they do it legally and don't hurt anyone in the process.

I see you're comfortable proclaiming that Ebenezer Franklin has a character flaw of taking the money and not performing to your expectations. I guess three 11 win and one nine win seasons coupled with a Big Ten title and 6 New Year day bowls not to mention a bunch of top 10 recruiting classes doesn't cut it for you. And please don't tell me about the last two seasons because they were impacted by Covid, a myriad of staff changes, liberalized NCAA portal rules, and key player injuries.

Just curious, what's your definition of excellent results?
FJF. Needs to be fired. He has had 9 plus years, we have not been to the playoff, we are not very good, his offensive system does not work and he blames coordinators for it. They have to run his RPO system, and at this point, all runs are draws with no lead blocker. Really needs to go!!!

Well pick yourself off of the floor and consider your use of "abject failure". If such was the case, all the more reason to respect what Franklin and his attorneys accomplished in negotiations. Again your vitriol is misplaced. There is nothing unethical about asking for a raise with an employer who retains the right to say "no".

You can be critical of Franklin without impugning his character. By most accounts he runs a clean program, is honest with recruits and staff and advocates for himself with his employer. We can debate team performance and the causes for getting out butts handed to us in AA without attacking the integrity of the man. I would submit you know very little about him and his personal dealings.
In all honesty I could care less if he was up for sainthood as a human as long as he can coach. I don’t think anyone disagrees that he is a good man, heck of a recruiter, and a mentor to these kids. The issue is the game day performance has not been better than average over the last 9 years.

CJF has become the northern poor man’s iteration of Tommy Tuberville.

Reactions: crm114psu
In all honesty I could care less if he was up for sainthood as a human as long as he can coach. I don’t think anyone disagrees that he is a good man, heck of a recruiter, and a mentor to these kids. The issue is the game day performance has not been better than average over the last 9 years.

CJF has become the northern poor man’s iteration of Tommy Tuberville.
Tuberville beat his division rival regularly until Saban showed up. CJF has not reached that level.

All his problems arise from his own efforts of self aggrandizement.. He promotes himself to such a high you're such a high level that he cannot live up to it on the field.
We accept the last Joe because it was humble yet effective. James could use little humility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT