ADVERTISEMENT

More on the PSU plane professor - It only gets better LOL

uppermaclion

Sep 6, 2005
I got this from the other site. Torture, declaring war on venzuela, wanting to steal their water, etc.. But she lives in an intellectual world!!!!!!!! Classic. I'm sure she preaches this in class.

hit me

these are the people teaching your kids

for outrageous sums of money. Seriously, how disgusting. This isn't an elementary school teacher at a crappy local school, this is a professor at Penn State. Where is the quality control when you are spending $30,000 year to send your kids to be taught by someone like this who is clearly deranged.

>>Penn State officials have yet to comment on the incident. "We're trying to figure out what the next step is," said an employee in the school's office of communications.

My guess is she won't be a prof at PSU Abington campus any longer. LOL...

This lady is as strange/bizarre as it gets. A freak show on display, but apparently she believes she's making some major political statement against our country and the Obama administration. Talk about a crazy way to get your 5 minutes of fame.
This post was edited on 3/17 2:00 PM by GulfCoastLion

Other than the platform on which she chose to have her rant...

is what she said really so shocking for a college professor, especially a sociology professor? I'd guess that the majority (vast majority?) of her colleagues in higher education would agree with her views, to one degree or another. The fact she did it on a plane and that she lit a cigarette on a plane might be her undoing professionally but I don't think it will be because of anything she said. Do you think President "Hands up, don't shoot" would really object to what she said?
This post was edited on 3/17 2:00 PM by Madsol

"every revolutionary I know smokes."

But if they get cancer, the US government gave it to them.

Lighting up a cigarette on a plane = very Thoreau-like
laugh.r191677.gif

>>I have a stomach condition. Everything that comes in goes out. I've been like that for months since I left Cuba. I've lost over 30 pounds.

Re: Other than the platform on which she chose to have her rant...

Not surprised whatsoever. Some of the more unstable, or should I say radically annoying/different people I've met in my life are in the higher academia profession. A sociology professor fits the stereotype rather well. The article mentions she had been drinking heavily before boarding the flight and may have been on other meds, etc. (likely defense position after her arrest), but she had this infamous plot planned and scripted to a tee......

true...but sad

we pay these people tons of money to prepare kids for their economic realities of their oncoming lives. yet, they don't teach or seem to know the first thing about governments, economics or life skills. Amazing to me how people don't have any grasp whatsoever of basic things like "supply and demand", Theory of elasticity, pricing, representative governments, republics, the roll of the senate versus the house, reasons for three branches of government and so on. These are the basics....and we've got a professor running around extolling the virtues of Hugo Chavez.

Although her views are fairly nutty the truly galling thing is that she pushed them on others in an enclosed space where they had to listen and where the had the expectation to sit in relative silence. If she wants to say what she says at a rally or on a political website then fine, but to push her stuff on people that can't walk away is just unbelievably selfish and egocentric. When she was yelling her views someone else should have been simultaneously yelling "BLAH BLAH BLAH" to drown her out.

Originally posted by BBrown:
>>Penn State officials have yet to comment on the incident. "We're trying to figure out what the next step is," said an employee in the school's office of communications.

Re: true...but sad

She sure knew how to suck on that cigarette though. She also had what I'm sure she believes was an authentic Spanish pronunciation of 'HUGO CHAVEZ' down pat. Must have been all of the careful studying of the very subject she ranted about.

How do you know this? Have you studied these professors?

Or are you basing this opinion on the few nutcases that you've read about in the news?

why all the fuss over this guy's appearance? ....

always thought college was supposed to be a place where all opinions and issues could be heard and discussed, especially at a non-private college.

if the guy was a former mob boss or hit man no one would be raising a fuss.

the university isn't sponsoring or paying, it's an independent student group. and i applaud the university's position on non-censorship.

if i was in the area i'd go just to get an understanding of what it was like on that side of the fence and what attracted people to that group.

i can't stand bill o'reilly and those idiots on fox news, but if they were in a discussion setting i might attend to hear the debetes. just because someone goes to listen to a speaker doesn't mean he/she will be brainwashed by them

Re: these are the people teaching your kids

Originally posted by Obliviax:
for outrageous sums of money. Seriously, how disgusting. This isn't an elementary school teacher at a crappy local school, this is a professor at Penn State. Where is the quality control when you are spending $30,000 year to send your kids to be taught by someone like this who is clearly deranged.
I doubt that an Associate Professor of sociology at Abington is making very much.

Another reason why freedom of speech is so important. It

allows the idiots among us to loudly identify themselves so we can shun them.

The video appears to show her stowing the cigarette in the seat pocket.

Great, start a fire on the plane!

They'll probably appoint her to the BOT. She fits the mold!

of a nut case

I'm Grateful You Said "can do" Instead Of "does"...

but I suspect that you know better. This is a stupid person who has allowed her prejudices and political agendas to dismiss both logic and a respect for facts and reality. Fascists do the same thing.

I understand...99% are pretty good

but how in the world does somebody like this pass quality control?

Fair enough.

Probably didn't have a history when she got the job and/or became more radical since she was hired.

Better question is why didn't it get noticed until she made a scene? Must have been evidence leading up to this.

Oh brother. Ayers bombed government buildings to protest the

Vietnam War, and still maintains he was right in doing so. That is beyond controversial, that is criminal. He is also speaking at the law school, which is just absurd. Think about that for a minute.

P.S. Love them or hate them, the "idiots" at Fox News aren't violent criminals.

Re: Another reason why freedom of speech is so important. It

Originally posted by Paruffus:
allows the idiots among us to loudly identify themselves so we can shun them.
Ok, that was funny.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BBrown:

These people? I thought this story was about one person.

Stereotyping professors.. Check
Denigrating Elementary teachers... Check
Exaggerating cost of PSU Abington tuition... Check

ADVERTISEMENT