ADVERTISEMENT

Moorhead and the Battle of Britian

Richard the LIONhearted

May 29, 2001
"Never was so much owed by so many to so few"

These are lean times, with the Huns to the west refreshing their ranks with reinforcements allegedly of greater number and great caliber than our own. Another season of losses to the Huns from Ohio and Michigan will only perpetuate the notion of the superiority of our foes.

All hope lies in the strategic skill of Joe Moorhead to offset the advantages of our opponents. No other coach means more to the immediate future of the program. Just as the valiant Royal Air Force saved Britain from the onslaught of the Wehrmacht, so too must Moorhead "save" the program in his "finest hour."

Note...Was reading about Churchill and saw some parallels....

"Never was so much owed by so many to so few"

These are lean times, with the Huns to the west refreshing their ranks with reinforcements allegedly of greater number and great caliber than our own. Another season of losses to the Huns from Ohio and Michigan will only perpetuate the notion of the superiority of our foes.

All hope lies in the strategic skill of Joe Moorhead to offset the advantages of our opponents. No other coach means more to the immediate future of the program. Just as the valiant Royal Air Force saved Britain from the onslaught of the Wehrmacht, so too must Moorhead "save" the program in his "finest hour."

Note...Was reading about Churchill and saw some parallels....
Whoa...that's really deep.:confused:

...all we need are a few squadrons of Spitfires, Hurricanes and Mosquitos...!

...alternatively round up some Mustangs, Thunderbolts and Lightnings...!

Who is Patton? Mcarther(sp), Nimitz, hell- Audie Murphy! Sgt. York (whoops, sorry, wrong war)? Late for me, tired, going to bed. Would like to put some thought into this and assign caracters to the actors...

Began the excersize of reading Churchill's bio recently. May take me a while:confused: I like the analogy though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT