ADVERTISEMENT

Montoursville’s Hoffman wins NHSCA National title (his 3rd title)

therod

Jul 9, 2002
Hoffman beat Georgia state runner-up Camden Johnson with a 15-0 technical fall in 3 minutes, 30 seconds in the round of 32. He followedthatwitha15-0technical fall in 2:22 against Virginia state runner-up Mason Fiscella on Friday. In the quarterfinals Hoffman beat Nevada state championJoeMiller,15-4.

doing some one-on-one work with former Penn State national champion Quentin Wright, who has focused on the little things to help improve his wrestling. It’s part of the reason why he feels like he’s gotten so much better since he started working with Wright at the 4M Wrestling Club. “I’m learning so much from him. All the little things are making a huge difference,” Hoffman said. “Quentin is really kind of being my mentor and that’s really nice to have.” In the semifinals Saturday night, Hoffman dispatched of Delaware state champion Tony Wuest, 11-3. His win Sunday afternoon came over Andrade, who was a California state runner-up.

http://www.mynewsonthego.com/gazett...C&pageid=b69fad58-3e8d-4f83-a790-2faf313a5e12

Reactions: Maddog
The Mighty Mountain Mat Men already paying dividends

200w.gif

FWIW My nephew goes to Montoursville High and knows Gavin. He said its between Cornell and PSU.
Let's hope he wants an individual national championship as well as being part of a team national championship. Two for the price of one;)

Reactions: Ranger Dan
FWIW My nephew goes to Montoursville High and knows Gavin. He said its between Cornell and PSU.

Thanks for the intel. Gotta wonder if/how Beard's de-commitment from Northwestern is any factor in PSU's approach to Hoffman. I've no idea whatsoever, but an interesting question.

Sounds like it is between PSU and Cornell for both Beard and Hoffman, I guess each school is going get one.

Have to believe Cael knows everything he needs to know about Gavin's development and potential and character through Q.

Reactions: therod
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT